Start by marking “Ancestral Trails: The Complete Guide To British Genealogy And Family History” as Want to Read:
Ancestral Trails: The Complete Guide To British Genealogy And Family History

Ancestral Trails: The Complete Guide To British Genealogy And Family History

4.09 of 5 stars 4.09  ·  rating details  ·  47 ratings  ·  5 reviews
'a defining work ... I confidently predict that, in future years, the phrase according to Herber will be used to confer authority on deliberations about family history research' Family Tree Magazine Trails was first published in 1997, and is the most comprehensive and up to date guide to tracing British ancestry. It guides the researcher through the substantial British arc ...more
Paperback
Published July 1st 2006 by Sutton (first published 1997)

To ask other readers questions about Ancestral Trails, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ancestral Trails

Jenna
Amazing volume of information. I wish I could enlarge the font though, as I am struggling to read the super fine print.
Peg
This is not the type of book you read and discard. It will be a reference book for the rest of my life as it relates to British Family History research. While a few things are out of date due to changes in technology or the natural realignment of organizations and archives, the basics will never change. This is the definitive book for British research. I will likely continue learning from it for years to come.
Tanya
"Ancestral Trails" is truly a COMPLETE guide. There are so many details that it is exhausting reading. I wouldn't recommend it to a beginning genealogist, simply because its masses of information would be overwhelming. But it's a great reference work to have on hand, because I know any question I have on any type of record will be answered in its pages.
Kathy
THE book on British genealogy.
Peter
The genealogy bible, brilliant.
Richard
Richard marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Linda K Grishkevich
Linda K Grishkevich marked it as to-read
May 06, 2015
Photo Eclectic
Photo Eclectic marked it as to-read
May 04, 2015
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Mar 08, 2015
Debi
Debi marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Desiree
Desiree marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2015
Leslie Hickman
Leslie Hickman marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
Anne
Anne marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2014
LD
LD marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Samantha
Samantha marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2014
Roger Woods
Roger Woods marked it as to-read
Mar 19, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Legal London: A Pictoral Hisory Clandestine Marriages In The Chapel And Rules Of The Fleet Prison 1680 1754