Start by marking “Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots that Block God's Work in You” as Want to Read:
Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots that Block God's Work in You

Walking Into Walls: 5 Blind Spots that Block God's Work in You

4.06  ·  Rating Details  ·  50 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
All of us crash into self-constructed walls and bloody our noses from time to time. These walls block growth, healthy relationships and overall contentment and happiness. Most of us are blind to our own self-defeating behaviors and attitudes, so we repeatedly walk into the same walls again and again. Best-selling author Stephen Arterburn leads us through the process of dec ...more
Published August 23rd 2011 by Worthy Publishing (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Walking Into Walls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Walking Into Walls

Sunflower
Aug 24, 2012 Sunflower rated it it was amazing
I didn't know what to first expect, when I started reading, "Walking into Walls:5 Blind Spots that Block God's Work in You".

Was it self-help?

Is it a motivational?

What blind spots are we even talking about, but as I begun to read through Stephen Arterburn's book, I was impressed by, not just the style of writing, which was very laid back and conversational (always a good thing), but although this, like any book, is never a substitute for actual, face to face therapy, that is beneficial to work
D
Jul 01, 2013 D rated it liked it
Definition of insanity - doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Those self-defeating behaviors that keep us "stuck" are the walls that Stephen Arterburn refers to in this book. The book gives lots of good examples and specific ways of dealing with things that have affected us but that we did not necessarilly have any control over. I felt like it was mostly geared to victims of past childhood abuse, which may be why I did not connect with it so much. It would be a go ...more
Tami
Apr 15, 2012 Tami rated it it was amazing
Sometimes it can feel like you are constantly walking into walls. You make it through one tough situation. Then, wham you find yourself in a similar situation. After a while, it’s hard to see any way out.

Walking into Walls looks at five common blind spots that keep us stuck: stubborn resistance, arrogant entitlement, justifiable resentment, disconnected isolation, and blind ignorance. I think at some time, we’ve probably all had our fill of these walls. If we are really honest, there are probab
Chrystal Phillips
Feb 15, 2016 Chrystal Phillips rated it really liked it
Some pretty useful information in this book, that forces you to evaluate where you have put up walls & how that can effect God's work in and through you. I also enjoyed the additional study guide and videos available.
Christy Wrenn
Oct 27, 2011 Christy Wrenn rated it it was amazing
Every one should read this book. It really allows you to reflect on your life and the walls that you have definitely built that are keeping you from living up to your joys in life. READ IT!
Sandi Mackenzie
Oct 08, 2012 Sandi Mackenzie rated it liked it
I didn't agree with everything in this book but overall...Stephen Arterburn makes you aware of the walls we create and the solutions to break down those walls.
Chad Stutzman
Mar 14, 2013 Chad Stutzman rated it it was amazing
Great book about how to get healthy emotionally. Lots of great practical, Biblical advice. Well worth the read. Loved the chapter on how to get unstuck.
Bryan
Oct 08, 2013 Bryan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: normal
Good stuff for dealing with past pain and other issues. Not as good as his Every Man series but still very useful.
Rex H
Rex H added it
May 17, 2016
Beani D'Andrade Conner
Beani D'Andrade Conner marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Eva North
Eva North marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2016
Carter Hemphill
Carter Hemphill rated it liked it
Feb 12, 2016
Carl Sheppard
Carl Sheppard marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
C. Emerson
C. Emerson marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2016
Kristina Schwende
Kristina Schwende rated it it was amazing
Sep 25, 2015
Joe
Joe marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
theresa small
theresa small marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Mar 27, 2015
Sharyl
Sharyl rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2015
Kay Card
Kay Card marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2015
David Pfanschmidt
David Pfanschmidt rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Seanalyse
Seanalyse rated it it was amazing
Mar 01, 2015
Tara Schiro
Tara Schiro rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2015
Jenn Sands
Jenn Sands rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2015
Jonathan Belle
Jonathan Belle marked it as to-read
Jan 24, 2015
Jennifer Howey
Jennifer Howey is currently reading it
Jan 11, 2015
Kathleen
Kathleen marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Kathryn
Kathryn rated it liked it
Jan 03, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Stephen Arterburn is the founder and chairman of New Life Ministries — the nation’s largest faith-based broadcast, counseling and treatment ministry — and is the host of the nationally syndicated “New Life Live!” daily radio program heard on over 180 radio stations nationwide. Steve is also the founder of the Women of Faith conferences attended by over 3,000,000 women.
Steve is a nationally known p
More about Stephen Arterburn...