Family Blood: The Murder That Shattered an All-American Home

Family Blood: The Murder That Shattered an All-American Home

3.14 of 5 stars 3.14  ·  rating details  ·  37 ratings  ·  6 reviews
Riddle presents the disturbing true story of James D. "Jimmy" Robertson, who in 1997 brutally slaughtered his own parents in their North Carolina home. of photos. Original.
Published November 1st 2003 by Pinnacle

To ask other readers questions about Family Blood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Family Blood

Michelle
True Crime books are one of my favorite genres. It just amazes me how some people can be so evil. Why?? He lives in the parents basement, flunks out of college, can't hold a job, snorts Ritilin.... And do his parents kick him out?? NO. Instead, they spend a fortune on a psychiatrist. He tells all his friends for months that he wants to kill his parents, and is anything done??? NO. And then, what finally happens??? He brutally kills his parents. Gee, what a shock. This was a fast read. It doesn't...more
Julia Brumfield
This book was a disappointment to me since even though the author did include the actual story that was suppose to be told it also sounded like she had her own agendas - 1. medicinal drug abuse hadn't been done until this time so that is why the crime was done and 2. The author really has something for Susan Smith or had wished she had done a book about that particular murderess.

Also I found that this book was quite bland in the writing and since it wasn't really a mystery crime the author was...more
Eva Leger
This wasn't as great as I expected and I'm trying to figure out why. I *think* I've read something by Riddle before (I could be wrong and only own a book or books of hers that I haven't read yet) but whether I have or not it's not hard to make a true crime book a "good" one for me.
Any murder is highly interesting to me, especially familial murders, and since every true crime author I've ever read always picks the most intense cases to write about it's usually a win-win situation for me.
I don't...more
Charlene
This book wasn't bad. The case was certainly interesting, and the writing was pretty well done, far better than my last True Crime foray. Still, it didn't leave me sitting on the edge of my seat, unable to put the book down, hence three stars.
Shelley
Interesting true-crime case study but very poorly written.
Neil
Not bad, two kids who were destined for jail or death.
Krista Grim
Krista Grim marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Deb H
Deb H marked it as to-read
Jan 27, 2014
Christina
Christina marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Nicki
Nicki marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2014
Suzie Flohr
Suzie Flohr marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2013
Katz!
Katz! added it
Sep 17, 2013
Ellie
Ellie marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2013
Audra
Audra marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2013
Mariam
Mariam marked it as to-read
May 16, 2013
Bonnie
Bonnie marked it as to-read
May 15, 2013
Kelly Long
Kelly Long marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2013
Danielle
Danielle marked it as to-read
Jan 30, 2013
Daniel
Daniel added it
Dec 03, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Overkill First We'll Kill My Husband Overkill Ashes to Ashes First We'll Kill My Husband: The Dark Desires of the Only Woman on Georgia's Death Row (Pinnacle True Crime)