Start by marking “What's Stopping You?: Shatter the 9 Most Common Myths Keeping You from Starting Your Own Business” as Want to Read:

"This book dispels the myths surrounding the process of starting a business, and gives hope and encouragement
to people who would like to give it a try." - " Tim Berry ," Founder and CEO, Palo Alto Software
Creators of the World's Most Popular "Bruce Barringer and Duane Ireland's new book, "What's Stopping You? "is an insightful and thought-provoking examination of nine com
Published May 16th 2008 by FT Press (first published May 7th 2008)

To ask other readers questions about What's Stopping You?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What's Stopping You?

Jen
Oct 22, 2014 Jen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's a nice, motivational "you can do it!" book to read if you think that maybe you might want to start your own business. it got me out of thinking "there's no way" to "you know what, why not?"
I only wish there was a version with Canadian resources and references.
CatReads
I decided to read this book based solely on the title because I was wondering what's stopping me. This book is a wealth of information. I was struggling with what type of business I want to start but this book helped me see the different types and some were very appealing and some were not appealing at all so this narrowed my choices down. This book also mentions a lot of businesses and what they did right and what they did wrong (which is just as important). It also mentions a lot of websites I ...more
Tori
Aug 04, 2011 Tori rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Good tips. A great book to give a boost of confidence and perspective.
Choonghwan
shatter the 9 most common myths keeping you from starting your own business.

what a timely book for me.
Tara
Jan 05, 2009 Tara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
More like a textbook than a helpful guide. Lots of good statistics and research, but I found it to be more reassuring that instructional.
Kim Thebwordpoet
"Startup Myths demystified."
Susan
Jul 07, 2009 Susan is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
I definitely recommend this book for anyone thinking about starting any kind of business, small to large. Very inspiring and lots of good examples.
Tina
This book introduced me to companies I had never heard of and gave me some business ideas, but I wish that the author hadn't kept writing about the same companies as often as he did.
Suzanne
Jul 07, 2008 Suzanne rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nonfiction
My husband said it was informative but also a little redundant.
Sep 07, 2010 Jennifer rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Basic biz info with stories and examples. I put it down half way through and picked it up about a month later. It was insightful, and gets the point across.
FranBoogie
very informative and motivating!
Carl
Feb 26, 2009 Carl rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty good book for anyone who has even remotely thought about starting their own business. A lot of stats that are pretty surprising, but some of the stuff is a no-brainer. Good book, though.
Nancie
Nancie rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2014
Gene Calderon
Gene Calderon rated it it was amazing
Sep 17, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2016
Hilary Carmen
Hilary Carmen rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2014
Tracy
Tracy rated it liked it
Mar 14, 2013
Rene
Rene rated it liked it
Dec 07, 2016
Frank
Frank rated it really liked it
Dec 27, 2014
Lennis NJ
Lennis NJ rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2016
Jeremy Jesenovec
Jeremy Jesenovec rated it really liked it
Feb 21, 2010
John
John rated it really liked it
Feb 11, 2015
Dustin Trail
Dustin Trail rated it it was ok
Aug 07, 2016
Zizo
Zizo rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2014
Carlos Rivera
Carlos Rivera rated it it was amazing
Dec 27, 2013
Joe Rau
Joe Rau rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Sanat Gersappa
Sanat Gersappa rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2011
Francis Teo
Francis Teo rated it it was ok
Apr 09, 2012
Vasco
Vasco rated it really liked it
Jul 18, 2010
Marie Sha
Marie Sha rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2016