Start by marking “Till We Meet Again” as Want to Read:
Till We Meet Again

Till We Meet Again

3.83 of 5 stars 3.83  ·  rating details  ·  1,673 ratings  ·  33 reviews
Eve dared. . . Eve, with passion that overruled her total innocence, ran away from home to live in unrepentant sin; won stardom singing on the stage of the Parisian music halls before Worlds War I; married into the world of international diplomacy; and become the greatest lady Champagne.Eve's younger daughter, Freddy, inherited all of her mother's recklessness.Growing up i ...more
Published August 24th 1988 by Crown (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Till We Meet Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Till We Meet Again

oliviasbooks
Read first on September 26th 1999. Re-read in May 2005 and in November 2012. The perfect kind of guilty pleasure.
Melvin Mathews
Paul Dyer
Judy more lush and panoramic than usual, with her delicious flair for obscenity curiously reined in. The novel extends from the years leading upto WWI to about a decade after WWII. The problem with a multi-generational novel that incorporates the World Wars is that anything that comes after the dread and excitement of WWII is bound to feel like a let-down, unless it’s a novel about the post-War years in its own right. But after 1945, the book seemed to fizzle a little, as if Judy were introducin ...more
Eileen
I've read quite some books written by Judith Krantz and this is by far my favorite. In this book she tells the story of a family that takes the reader through the rainy streets of Paris, the sunny boulevards of the magical Hollywood, to the romantic vineyards of Champagne and to the battle fields of two world wars in England and in Paris.

It starts with 17-year-old Eve creating a scandal by running away from home with a performer. She becomes a singer in the theaters of Paris. When war begins the
Christina
Ok, so it took me a while to get into the story. at first it was kind of hard for me to
read the names. After i got over that hurdle, i was like, do i need to remember my
history? im lousy with remembering history, to a point. So, after that, my being at a
generation where women have rights and stuff. . it makes you open your eyes to the
experience womans standards were. i was really glad to see Eve rebel. i was sad that she
was deemed a . . scandalous woman, since in todays light, it is more co
Maryann
Even though it took me a while to read this novel, I enjoyed it thoroughly and rewarded the read at least 4 stars. I had the idea the novel would be like Love-Makersby Judith Gould with the idea the blurb had revealed, that the main plot would be about Eve and her daughters.
Except, only a few chapters were dedicated to Eve and the rest of the book followed the lives of her daughters, Freddy and Delphine.
They were all rebellious in their youths, they all chose a life of scandal and the only favor
Linda
From the desk of the "Learning to Write A Review"...

This book was a re-read. First read was at its publication and at the time Judith Krantz was a favorite author. She still is one of the best for this genre, but regretfully, it has been a long time since she has published.

I always "fall into" a story that features the lives of a few women. It is much fun to follow your favorite, cheer her on and well, what can you say but that there is always one "not so much" do you like her.

Freddy was the her
Deb Sharp
What a beautiful book, so touching the characters really made you feel conected to them and you wanted to talk with them so real !
Tani
If I was less stubborn, I never would have finished this. For that matter, if I was less stubborn, I never would have read it in the first place. My parents gave me this one; they picked it up at a lawn sale. They probably paid about 50 cents for it, and in my opinion, they probably overpaid. The concept was strong, but the execution was not. I did not like the characters. I did not believe the emotions they supposedly experienced. I finished only out of a sense of obligation and the tiniest bit ...more
Emily
I disliked the main characters but really liked a lot of the side characters (the men they loved and lost). I had a problem with their morals and the fact that these women did things with disregard for who they hurt in the name of 'love' (which was mostly misplaced and unwarranted). The ending is satisfying with most folks getting their just due. I kept thinking I'd like to pass it along to my mom and then there would be some random kinky sex scene out of nowhere so I think I'll skip it and kick ...more
Lori
I liked this book more than I thought it would. I enjoyed all the characters (except for one and he got what was coming to him!) I don't like the way it ended though.
Miko O.
My favorite Judith Krantz novel so far! Her books would make really enjoyable movies, and it's so much fun to think about who I'd cast as the main characters. After much discussion with Jenne, we have decided on the following:

Young Eve: Sophie Turner
Older Eve: Julie Delpy
Freddy: Emma Stone
Delphine: Natalie Portman
Armand: Adrian Brody

I guess they made a 1989 version with Courtney Cox as Freddy. I do not approve.
Marilyn
I really liked this book. I had only read one other book by Judith Krantz and, unfortunately, I forgot most of it. I also forgot what a great writer she is. In this book, she presents a history of one family through three generations, beginning with WW I in Europe, and ending in the '50s, after depicting great scenes from WW II. It was a history lesson, on top of an enticing story.
Alison
This is more historical and more family-based (less industry based) than the other Judith Krantz novels I've read. It spans both World Wars, and features Paris night clubs, aviation, and french cinema - oh and the wine industry. Not anything special, but it was fun.
fearthainn
Typically extravigant Judith Krantz. I remember adoring this book the first time I read it, because one of the main characters was a pilot and I wanted to be a pilot. It doesn't quite hold up on reading it as an adult, but I still enjoyed it.
Manuela
La Krantz sa sempre come appassionare e coinvolgere, ma qui non siamo ai suoi massimi livelli. Comunque da non perdere per chi ama l'autrice.

Denisec
It was a bit jumpy and things happened too easily for the characters. Some of the characters changed too drastically to be believable.
Victoria
This is a really wonderful story. I've read it several times over the years and have seen the movie several times too. I love this story!
Marian
I really enjoyed this book and gave it a good rating but I think many parts of this book were too wordy; too much information.
Dragonfly
I loved the book...this one-volume magical saga makes you feel really sad once you reach the last page...
Christian
I can say, every woman who feels insecure should read this book. The characters are natural and very Krantz
Michelle
This was so good! I could not put it down... there was always something exciting going on!
Ashley (mac&chip)
Really I'd give it a 3.5. I enjoyed the book a lot, but I wasn't completely drawn to it.
Laurie Stoll
A well written very entertaining book.
Lara Gingerich
She's my guilty pleasure author....
Diane
Great book from a great author!
Jennifer Aiello
A bit too unrealistic for me.
Chris
Ned. Titel: frederique
  • To Be the Best  (Emma Harte Saga #3)
  • Deceptions
  • Hollywood Kids
  • Acts of Love: A Novel
  • Lace
  • Joanna (The Roselynde Chronicles, #3)
  • The Finer Things (Saint Georges, #2)
  • Blessings
  • أيها الولد
  • Once In A Lifetime
  • Queenie
  • The Love Machine
  • Ellis Island
Judith Krantz (born Judith Tarcher), is an American novelist who writes in the romance genre. Her works include Princess Daisy and Till We Meet Again.
More about Judith Krantz...
Scruples Mistral's Daughter Princess Daisy I'll Take Manhattan Scruples Two: Fifteen Years Later