Start by marking “Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve, #1)

Sin and Sacrifice (Daughters of Eve #1)

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  264 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Five sisters.

One secret.

An ancient order of Knights determined to acquire them.

And one man hell bent on saving both.

* * * *

Evelyn Grant, along with her four sisters, have a secret. A secret the Knights Templar want for themselves. It all went back to the Garden of Eden and the Tree of Knowledge and Life. The Knights will do anything to exploit the girls and their access to
ebook
Published June 12th 2011 by Wildbloom Press (first published June 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Sin and Sacrifice, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sin and Sacrifice

Cee Martinez
Apr 11, 2012 Cee Martinez rated it did not like it
Evelyn Grant is one of four sisters, daughters of Eve blessed with immortality, and a divine secret so tantalizing the women live in constant flight from the all-knowing, all-seeing Knights Templar. Seperated from her sisters and on the run, her life lies in the hands of a mysterious CIA agent. For anyone who is a fan of high flying, globe trotting adventure, and conspiracy theories, this seemed like a pretty sure shot.

The novel opens up introducing the sisters as exotic, multi-cultural beautie
Kelly
Apr 04, 2014 Kelly rated it liked it
On a night out with her sisters in Crete, Evelyn is thrust into terror when one sister is killed, and she's abducted. Taken to an unknown location, she is tortured until a man she doesn't know breaks in and saves her life by sprinting her off to a secure location. What the man doesn't know is that Evelyn has been kidnapped by members of the Knights of the Templar because she, and her sisters, know the location of the Garden of Eden, knowledge possessed only by the remaining daughters of Eve.

So m
Elly Helcl
Feb 16, 2013 Elly Helcl rated it really liked it
This book was a lot of fun. At first, I was wondering what the hey I had gotten myself into, but within the first 15 pages the book just started moving.

I loved Evelyn, the main charcter, and I really enjoyed the premise of the story. Evelyn and all of her sisters are literally the daughters of Adam and Eve. Talk about mind blowing!

My only beef with the book is Rhett. He is likeable enough I guess...But, he was an alpha male in an over the top kind of way. Getting shot was a "flesh wound". He is
Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Evelyn Grant appears to be 28 years old, when in reality she's far older than that. She along with her four sisters are vacationing in Athens Greece. She and her sisters are daughters of Eve and have seen many centuries of life together. There is only one thing that can make the sisters fear and that is the Templar Knights. Templar Knights have hunted the sisters for centuries not leaving them in peace at all. Evelyn is kidnapped outside an Athens nightclub and is brutally tortured and beaten fo ...more
Cat
Mar 04, 2012 Cat rated it it was ok
This book felt unnecessarily long. I understand that this could be the author attempting to mirror the long and arduous journey Evelyn and her sisters are going through, but I don't think it was done particularly well.

First of all, for having lived thousands of years Evelyn is quite immature. She constantly is on the verge of slipping vital information (and often times does). I get that she's not used to trusting people besides her sisters, but she is full of herself; if you've been kidnapped an
Sonia Lowry
Apr 05, 2013 Sonia Lowry rated it really liked it
When I first downloaded the book and read the synopsis of what the book was going to be about I thought hey maybe this is a historical romance. Boy I was so wrong. LOL. It just goes to show never judge a book by its cover. This book is a modern day romance about five women who if you were to meet them on the street you would assume that they come from different ethnic backgrounds and maybe that true in some sense. But what you don't know is that they are sisters. Each with their own distinct per ...more
Karen Fowler
Oct 12, 2012 Karen Fowler rated it it was amazing
Loved just about everything about Sin and Sacrifice. The premise was something I'd never seen before, the characters diverse and interesting, and the pacing was spot on. The writing was tight and often vivid and concise.

I felt the surprise, betrayals, anguish and fear just like things were happening to me. I was soooo sucked into this book. And the guys... yum :-)

Well worth the time to read and I'll bet most people go on to reading the rest of the series after putting this one down!
Acquafortis
Mar 18, 2012 Acquafortis rated it it was amazing
What a great book to read and what I coincidence I was reading it while I visited the Lux in Arcana (the once secret documents of the Vatican Library) exhibition in Rome, Italy.
I find the idea of the daughters of Eve quite intriguing. I do not know if the author had the idea from a tradition I am not aware of or if it is the author's original idea. Whatever the origin I just loved reading it. I kept on saying to myself "Why not?!".
Looking forward to read the rest of the series.
Marnie
Sep 18, 2012 Marnie rated it it was amazing
I received this book as part of the Library Thing Member Giveaway. I must say I really enjoyed this book. So much so that I had to buy the next two books to see what happens. It was full of action, romance and a bit of archaeology and history. Very highly recommended
Ashley Mayer
Nov 03, 2011 Ashley Mayer rated it really liked it
Sin and Sacrifice was a unique story about the surviving daughters of Eve. The characters were great, I loved Evelyn and Rhett! I also really liked the story. I will definitely be reading more in this series!
Mary Wilson
Jan 12, 2013 Mary Wilson rated it really liked it
Couldn't put it down, now I just started book #2. Lots of tension reading this one, not religious in nature despite the Daughters of Eve and Templars.
Jeni
Mar 13, 2012 Jeni rated it really liked it
Interesting premise, well written, still a romance novel without going over the top. The fascinating plot made up for any other discrepancies.
Danielle
Jul 05, 2012 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Great book. You immediately get sucked into the action from the beginning and the romance isn't overdone. Worth the time to read.
Rach
Feb 05, 2012 Rach rated it it was amazing
this book is a lot better then I figured it would be. I will be starting book 2 tonite. if you get a chance read them for sure.
Beth
May 08, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it
This was an impressive start to a new series. A very interesting fictitious twist on the Knights of the Templar.
Dreamysim1
Dec 27, 2012 Dreamysim1 rated it liked it
Quick read and loved the twists and turns. Fast paced and not boring at all. Great free read from Amazon!
April Bonds
Apr 10, 2013 April Bonds rated it it was amazing
Loved this series! Adrenaline pumping page turning until the end!!
Debbie
Nov 23, 2012 Debbie rated it it was amazing
Good story line. Cant wait to read more!
Melissa Curtis-Banuelos
Nov 20, 2011 Melissa Curtis-Banuelos rated it it was amazing
Not what I expected, however it was phenomimnal!!
Cathy
Dec 01, 2011 Cathy rated it it was amazing
Very good book, loved it.
Elysian
Nov 16, 2011 Elysian rated it it was amazing
It's a great read, something good after a while
Katy
Jul 17, 2013 Katy rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
Pretty good read.
Jenna
Dec 15, 2015 Jenna rated it it was amazing
Giovonni E
Giovonni E marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Rachel Lindstrom
Rachel Lindstrom rated it liked it
Apr 27, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Apr 23, 2016
Srijan
Srijan marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2016
Vicki
Vicki added it
Apr 04, 2016
  • Immortal Coil (Dragon Spirit, #1)
  • Siren
  • Honor Bound (The Witchblade Chronicles #1)
  • Fuse of Armageddon
  • Aaibhe-Shee Queen (Legend, #0.25)
  • Dark Warriors: A Dark Lands Anthology (Darklands, #5-6)
  • Fated
  • Lucidity
  • Brimstone (Earth, Air, Fire and Water , #1)
  • The Witch Queen's Secret (Twilight of Avalon, #1.5)
  • The Legend of the Gypsy Hawk
  • Lord Of My Dreams
  • Morning Star (Equinox #1)
  • Heart of a Knight
  • Immortal Temptress (Devil's Promenade, #1)
  • I Dream of Genies (Bottled Magic, #1)
  • The Heretic (Templar Chronicles, #1)
  • Drummer Boy (Sheriff Frank Littlefield, #2)
Born and raised in Corona California, Danielle now resides in Texas with her husband and two sons. She has been writing for as long as she can remember, penning works in a number of genres. To date, she has published twenty-four novels and nine short stories. Her interests vary wildly: reading, traveling, photography, graphic art and baking, among others.

There is a black cat named Sheba involved w
More about Danielle Bourdon...

Daughters of Eve (3 books)
  • Templar's Creed (Daughters of Eve, #2)
  • The Seven Seals (Daughters of Eve, #3)