Princess Posey and the Next-Door Dog

Princess Posey and the Next-Door Dog (Princess Posey #3)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  86 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Princess Posey is back with the third story in this chapter book series for first grade readers!

After hearing about her classmate's new puppy, Posey wants a dog of her own even though she's a little bit scared of dogs. When a new neighbor moves in with a dog that has a very big bark, Posey tries not to be afraid. Will her special pink tutu give her the courage to befriend...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Puffin

Lisa
Princess Posey series
Amy
Beth
First Posey has to find an animal to write about for a class project. Then Posey has to over-come her fear of dogs in order to confront the next-door dog. But the confrontation turns into a rescue when she discovers that his paw is trapped!

My 1st grade son had to listen to this story as sensitivity-training after he made fun of a girl at school. And while he thought Posey was dumb for wearing a magic veil, wand and tutu, he was surprised by how exciting the story was. He was also a bit spooked...more
Mrs. Knott
Feb. 2012 Book Fair selection
This is a great series for young girls who are just starting to read chapter books, or who are just ready to listen to chapter books. Posey is a great character, she is a determined little girl who works hard at everything she does. Young children will relate to her and the stories will hold their attention. It's always fun to see what Posey is up to next!
In this book Posey wants to have a pet because everyone she knows has one and they are supposed to write about p...more
Elissa
I love Princess Posey! These are great books for those in between early readers and the 9-12 age group fiction. Greene seems in touch with the voice of a 1st grade girl and she portrays Posey honestly, even when she is annoyed with her baby brother and takes away his pacifier and is then remorseful. Posey has such a wide range of emotions and that makes her a fun character to read. One of the highlights is her relationship with Gramps.
Kristine Pratt
The more I read this series the better I like it. Posey doesn't have a pet, and to be honest she's a bit afraid of dogs. So when a great big dog moves in next door she's a bit frightened. How she handles that fear, and how she solves the problem of a pet to write about for school is sweet and funny. I love this girl - she has a lot of personality and rings very true for young readers. My girls can't get enough of these books!
Becca
Very short, easy chapters written for those who are ready to branch out into short fiction books. Portrays realistically a common fear of young children--cynophobia, or fear of dogs. In this story, Posey dons her tutu and fetches her princess wand to help give her the courage to visit the new neighbor's dog so that she can write a report for her school class.
Marie
G really enjoyed this one and it didn't seem to matter that we accidentally read the third book first. Large font size and plenty of illustrations and a heroine who faces her own fear - very nice message for a rising first grader. We'll definitely be reading the rest of the series.
Sydney
this is a short book.but i like it because Posey overcomes her fear
Kristen Tallon
This is a cute book to read with a little girl. It shows a good way to face your fears like Posey does. I would recommend this book to someone trying to teach their child how to face their fears and over come an obstacle that they face.
Alyson (Kid Lit Frenzy)
A nice early chapter book for 1st/2nd grade girls who like princess/tutu kind of things. In this latest installment, Posey has to overcome a fear of dogs and write a report about an animal. Nice story.
Barb Keister
Cute series that I think will be popular with my beginning second grade girls. Posey seems to be the only one in her first grade class who doesn't have a pet to write about ... until a dog moves in next door.
Ingrid
This book is part of a series of early chapter books. It would certainly appeal to girlie girls. In this story Posey overcomes her fear of dogs.
Evie
A great series for emerging readers to start on chapter books! My very young reader really enjoyed this story, and read it with minimal help.
Maria Finazzo Hernandez
It was such a cute book. And we especially liked the twist at the end. Such a good kids series. We love posey and her funny tutu. Lol
Karin
A gift from the author - this was my first chapter book read-aloud to the twins (when they were almost 3yo). Fun!
Jnase1
Sweet little chapter book. Will have to look into the others in this series.
Annie
you should not talk about something if you don't know any thing about it.
Sophia
Sophia marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jul 05, 2014
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1) Princess Posey and the Perfect Present (Princess Posey, #2) Princess Posey and the Monster Stew (Princess Posey, #4) Princess Posey and the New First Grader (Princess Posey, #6) Princess Posey and the Tiny Treasure (Princess Posey, #5)