Start by marking “True Intentions” as Want to Read:
True Intentions

True Intentions (True Intentions #1)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Ava O'Brian is dealing with more than a teenager's typical temptations of right versus wrong. Ava is unaware she possesses a rare and unique gift, a soul with the ability to influence. Unfortunately, Satan will stop at nothing to gain control of her special ability.

Ava's faith is seriously shaken when she is the sole survivor of the car accident that kills her father and t
Published May 23rd 2011 by Noble Romance Publishing - Young Adult (first published February 14th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about True Intentions, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about True Intentions

Debbie (at) I Heart YA Books
True Intentions definitely had me biting my nails. Lisa Kuehne has penned an incredible trudging storyline where opposites do attract. I was teetering on the edge of my seat with the suspense between Ava and Sam. When you get to the end and think its going to happen for Ava and Sam, Kuehne gives you an intense cliffhanger. I will definitely be watching and waiting for the second book in the True Intentions series.

Sixteen-year-old Ava is going through a lot after her twin brother and father dies.
A Book Vacation
The prologue of this novel is beautifully written and drew me into the story in a heartbeat. Needless to say, I liked this novel a lot! Kuehne is a gifted writer and to say I was mesmerized by the prose and the storyline would be an understatement. I liked the ideas of dark angels controlled by Satan, and I really loved Sam’s character. Although he’s a dark angel, he does seem to come over the light and remain there throughout most of the novel, which will automatically endear him to the reader’ ...more
carole
True Intentions had me hanging on page after page. I honestly never saw the twists coming until they happened. Unpredictable, fast-paced, and at some points quite tear inducing. It is your typical paranormal romance: it has your bad boy, relatable girl, tragic past, and good vs. evil all in one amazing ya package. Oh, did I mention the love story, swoon worthy. Definitely a reread title. Yes, it's that good.

True Intentions is a quick read, but very enjoyable. At 257 pages it's shorter than a lot
carole

Jamie
True Intentions is a definite must read! It will keep you on the edge of your seat and have you longing for more. I thought I was going to get a thumb cramp from pushing the page forward button on my kindle so fast. I just couldn't put this down, it's so good!

Ava is a teenager trying to deal with the loss of her twin brother and their dad after a car accident. If that isn't enough to deal with, her mom decides to move them from their home in Chicago to California. It's at her new school that Av
Valerie
My Summary:

Ava has only been sixteen for a few months when she is in a car accident with her twin brother and her father. Both of them are in the front seat and don’t make it. Ava, in the back seat, is the only survivor of the accident. Her mother is unable to handle living in the same house and city with the pain of dealing with the deaths. So they move to California to be closer to Ava’s grandparents. There she meets Mr. Mysterious, Samuel Perry. He has a sudden and profound effect on her. Tal
Pam Green
Originally posted on At Home Between the Pages

Ava’s story starts out looking pretty bleak. She’s lost both her twin and her father in the same day, and within months, her mother has moved them across the country. The story was very fast-paced and filled with adrenaline. There was never a moment where I was waiting for the story to pick back up. I wanted to turn the page and find out what would happen next. This book definitely kept me up late at night reading.

I really enjoyed Ava as a character
Lisa
Originally posted at Read Me Bookmark Me Love Me

When Ava O'Brian moves to California with her mother, never did she expect her life to be changed so drastically. During her first day at Rim of the World High School, Ava is stunned by the gorgeous Samuel Perry in her English class. Little does she know, Sam is very different from any boy she's ever met. He's dark and frightening, yet she can't help but fall under his spell. Quickly, she falls in love and together the two embark on a dangerous jou
ARe Cafe
Sixteen-year-old Ava O’Brian was making the best of the situation, stuck in the back seat on an excursion to downtown Chicago so her twin brother, Aiden, could find a seriously cool costume for the school dance. Ava was surprised that her father had not only agreed to going, but to letting Aiden drive, and was busily writing an essay for her English class when the car was hit head-on by a semi truck, killing both Aiden and her father instantly.

Ava’s survivor’s guilt coupled with her mother’s int
Kym
started slow, got better, then had the most disappointing ending ever.
Lindsey
Loved the Cliffhanger! Cant wait for book 2!
Lindsey
What a cliffhanger! I can't wait for number #2!!!
Nicola
Nicola marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Nancy Jones
Nancy Jones marked it as to-read
Apr 02, 2014
Jagged
Jagged marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2013
Maghie Ghali
Maghie Ghali marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2013
Dr.Mandi
Dr.Mandi marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2012
FoxgloveXO
FoxgloveXO marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2012
alison
alison marked it as to-read
May 20, 2012
Midu Hadi
Midu Hadi marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2012
« previous 1 3 next »
Deadly Intentions (True Intentions #2)