Start by marking “Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul” as Want to Read:
Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul

Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul

4.15 of 5 stars 4.15  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Experienced pastor sounds the alarm about dangers that threaten the soul of a leader, offering hope for a sustainable and enjoyable life.
Published June 1st 2011 by Baker Books (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Replenish, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Replenish

Mikki
Loved this book. Lance provides great leadership teaching in a non-preachy way.
Adam
A Review of Lance Witt’s Encouragement to Pastors

There is a unique epidemic in churches today and I’m starting to realize this more and more as I work with pastors from many different churches. We like to examine statistics that position the church in a feeble position, gradually becoming obsolete in pluralistic world, but we fail to represent the leaders behind those churches who are struggling to stay afloat. In “Replenish – Leading From A Healthy Soul” Lance Witt attempts to encourage pastors
David
I highly recommend this book for pastors (and Christian leaders) who want to have longevity in ministry and remain spiritually healthy for the duration. The writing is honest, informed, and on target from an inside perspective in pastoral ministry and spiritual growth.

I included it in "Suggested Reading" in my book, A Sabbatical Primer for Pastors:

A Sabbatical Primer for Pastors  How to Initiate and Navigate a Spiritual Renewal Leave by David C Alves

I'll want to read this again though. There's so much that needs to stay before me.
Trevor Lloyd
Some really good advice for a far more spiritually healthy approach to leadership and ministry. Very readable and accessible, but perhaps a little superficial at times. Written from the context of the challenges of North American megachurch but much of it still relevant. the first chapters on personal life are the best. A helpful book I would recommend to anyone going into leadership of any kind on the church.
Caleb
As Chip Ingram says on the back cover, this is a great book to have on the shelf and intentionally dust off once a year. I would even recommend teams using it as a devotional/talking points conversation starter. Chapters are short, sweet, and to the point. Probably why Tony Morgan likes it, too.
Bill Welte
Very very good read. Every Christian leader needs to read this valuable resource by Lance Witt. It was a very timely and necessary read. Don't not read this is you are not a Rick Warren fan. Don't allow your biases to keep you from reading.
Sue Duffield
No matter your role or level in church leadership or ministry in general, you need to read this.
Amy Heller
Excellent invitation to stop and reflect on ministry, leadership and team dysfunction.
Dave
Dave added it
Nov 13, 2014
Gaye Clark
Gaye Clark marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Vincent Tumia
Vincent Tumia marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Bob Godula
Bob Godula is currently reading it
Oct 21, 2014
Sean Nemecek
Sean Nemecek marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
Edwina
Edwina marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
Chris Wheeler
Chris Wheeler is currently reading it
Jun 08, 2014
Ludyvie Veligano
Ludyvie Veligano marked it as to-read
Apr 09, 2014
Kuya Eliseo
Kuya Eliseo marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Replenish: Leading from a Healthy Soul Momentum Don't Lead Alone Sons Of Virtue, Instilling Godly Character In Boys Workbook and DVD Pack: What Jesus Has to Say About Living a Blessed Life: A Purpose Driven Small Group Study From The Sermon on the Mount