Beauty (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)

Beauty (Modern Wicked Fairy Tales)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  232 ratings  ·  26 reviews

---------------

If you like this book, try:
A Modern Wicked Fairy Tale: Alice by Selena Kitt
A Modern Wicked Fairy Tale: Rapunzel by Selena Kitt
The Real Mother Goose by Selena Kitt

---------------

In this modern retelling of a fairy tale classic, former beauty queen Jolee Mercier finds herself in big trouble, locked in the trunk of her husband's BMW on her way to a remote locat...more
Published (first published May 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Beauty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beauty

Sammy, the Cyborg Slut  & Lover of Books
This was a modern day retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It starts with Jolee, being duct taped and zip stripped in the trunk of a car. While being escorted to her own murder, there is an accident. Silas, the beast of the story, comes to her rescue.

[image error]

Silas is scarred and very self conscious of his appearance. He becomes her savior and she is his redemption in life. That being said, the love that develops between Jolee and Silas is very believable. The author took time and care in dev...more
♆ BookAddict ~ La Crimson Femme
What just happened here? Ms. Kitt who is my go to author for a sensual smexy hawt sex session is writing a bit more dark material. Added to this, it's a fairy tale retold kind of theme. This is not at all what I was expecting. The ending did make me do a little happy dance. The sex in here was so-so. I enjoyed the plot better.
Blu
I absolutely LOVE the story of Beauty and the Beast! It’s my all-time favorite fairy tale and love story so I’m always quick to pick up any book with this plot. With that said, I was uber excited when I came across A Modern Wicked Fairy Tale: Beauty by Selena Kitt.

Jolee finds out that her husband Carlos was involved in the death of her father and confronts him about it. Instead of giving Jolee a heartfelt apology and a dozen red roses, instead, Carlos orders his men to take Jolee into the woods...more
carol
Dec 05, 2013 carol rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Erotica and fairy tale lovers who are adults.
An up to date retelling of the traditional Beauty alias Joley and the Beast alias Silas...yet Silas has damaged appearance, but don't judge this book by its cover as he has a beautiful nature, is caring and loving. It is Joley's husband the handsome Carlos who couldn't be more evil and ugly on the inside.

This is very different to many of Selena Kitt's stories I've read so far, it has plot and tension, plenty of tension, I wanted to keep reading just to see that she had kept to a traditional HEA...more
Tina C.
I really liked this book. Ms. Kitt is fast becoming one of my favorite authors. I assume this is imagined to be a modern retelling of Beauty and the Beast. I see some similarities but would not recommend it based on that criteria. What I would recommend it for is someone looking for a lovely tale of romance (in the form of wounded hero rescues damsel in distress and learns to love again) with a few hot and steamy sex scenes. This was a complete story that gave you not only a great beginning, mid...more
Scott-robert Shenkman
OK, so this is a twist on the usual Beauty and the Beast theme: There is Jolee, the traditional Beauty, and Silas, who though he is physically disfigured, is a beautiful person and doesn’t need to be redeemed from any bad personality traits. He is also a Beauty and definitely not a Beast. No the real Beast of the story is Carlos, Jolee’s husband. He is bad. He is very, very bad. And he is dangerous.

I really enjoyed this novella. The love story was sweet and believable (it took place over the cou...more
Sheila
Jolee has been taken out to land her husband owns to be killed by his henchmen. She is able to escape from the car but because of an accident she may die as she lies bleeding in the snow. She is found by Silas, a loner who lives in the forest. He wears a ski mask because he does not want people to see his scars from a fire. Little by little Jolee worms her way into Silas' heart. Can he trust her not to cringe in fear when he reveals his scar? Will Jolee be safe from her husband in the forest? A...more
Stacia (the 2010 club)
18 plus review.

3.5 stars. Okay, call me crazy, but this one I liked even more than the Rapunzel story, which seems to be everyone's favorite of the series. Yes, the Rapunzel book was sweeter and more touching because of the cancer survivor spin, but I liked the darker feel of Beauty. There was something about the female lead being trapped out in a cabin in the woods with a disfigured hero that made for a good story. Neither one of them could venture far, for fear of the hero's evil brother findi...more
Joy
This wasn't what I expected, and that's not a bad thing. I was really engrossed with the suspense and I liked the love story between Jolee and Silas. They're the modern day Beauty and the Beast, without the bitter character of the beast. The two of them are really good together and I liked the setting too.
Pamela(AllHoney)
Jolee is married to the evil Carlos. Carlos sends his men to kill Jolee but an accident brings Silas to her rescue. Loosely based on the fairy tale Beauty and the Beast. It was short and sweet and I did enjoy it.
Heather in FL
Another interesting take on a fairy tale. And this one was just as good as the others. It didn't make me as emotional as Rapunzel, but it was still a great story. Carlos is a bad, bad man! Amazing how two people can come from the same people and be raised in essentially the same way and turn out so vastly different. Good thing Silas retained everything that made him so different, even after his tragedy. And Jolee was so very patient with him. I'd have gone nuts with the mask after about a week (...more
Audrie Cruz-Sealey
This was a good story. Jolee is married to this crime boss named Carlos and finds out a little too much. Carlos is going to have her killed but she escapes with the help of a masked man.

The masked man is Silas, Carlos' brother. Carlos killed Silas' wife and left Silas to burn hence why he wears the mask (his face is proof of the fire :(.

Well while Silas is keeping Jolee hidden...they fall in love. She loves him even though she has never seen his face. He doesn't believe anyone can love the dist...more
Zarinah
This story kind of started off not quite clear and I wasnt sure how to take the characters because it took awhile for the characters to be built into one another. I wouldnt compare to beauty and the beast as it was suppose to reflect a modern tale. I like to think of it as an abused wife in distressed saved by her scarred beast. once this short but long story line was built i believe the compassion of the 2 wounded characters grew into a wonderful combination. Not Selena's usual but I liked it.
Madison
Once again---I LOVED this book! Each installment of the Wicked Fairy Tales is amazing!

I could go on and on all day. Seriously.

If you're like most of us who grew up thining about Happily Ever afters being the end of it....think again. I LOVE the spin Selena Kitt has put on our most famous fairytales. Much more exciting than any dusty old story. And believe me--not one page of these Wicked fairytales will ever collect dust. You will find yourself in the page turning ride of your life <3

Christine Wegrzyniak
I really enjoyed this modern twist of Beauty and the Beast. It hadn't been what I had been expecting at all. The story was written well, but lacked the steamy hot sex scenes that would have really amped up the story. Other than that it was an enjoyable read.
☆ Eyes On The Stars ☆
My first jump into retold fairy tales, I really liked this. I haven't been a huge fan of other Selena Kitt books, but this one resonated with me more than her others.

I really liked how you could easily relate this story back to the fairy tale (Beauty and the Beast) and the ending was pretty awesome too.
S.a. Moore
If you have read or seen Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", then you have only the basics of what this story has to offer. Selena Kitt artfully turns this classic story into an engrossing page turner that will have you weep for the protagonist and cheer and its climax. Oh, and the sex scenes...well, just make sure you are in a cool, well ventilated area.
Cyn Mistress Kitty
OMG, another great story. Silas is so wounded and sweet. I just fell in love with him. Carlos was so EVIL. Yikes. Even though this was a short story, I just couldn't put it down.
Dragana
Interesting & original interpretation of 'Beauty and the beast' fairy-tale. Sex scenes seemed forced and unnecessary to the whole story and that's why it gets a low rating.
Taisha
I don't really know what to make of this book. It was interesting like a rainy Sunday afternoon quick read. I enjoyed the characters and pace of the book.
Libby Cummings
Great quick read! Selena Kitt made me cry again with another great story topped with some steamy sex scenes. Yummy!
Alicia
I loved this modern retelling of beauty and the beast. it was a great quick read and I couldn't put it down.
Donnajo
a modern day spicy twist on a fairy tale.
Lindsay
Hmm.. that was strange.
Desirelle
Desirelle marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
  • Divine Phoenix (Divine Creek Ranch #10)
  • Escape from Obsession (The American Soldier Collection, #1)
  • Rescued (Three's Allowed, #2)
  • Enslave: Beauty Tames the Beast
  • Love Under Two Cowboys (Lusty, Texas, #12)
  • High-Stakes Loving (King's Bluff, Wyoming #2)
  • Almost Real
  • Demon Lover (Fairytale Fantasies #2)
  • Two Doms for Angel (Club El Diablo #5; Angel's Doms, #1)
  • Because You Love Me (Just Because, #2)
  • Hidden Fire
  • Spoils of War
  • Siren Unleashed (Texas Sirens, #7)
  • Roped And Ready (Quicksilver Ranch, #1)
  • Satan's Property (Satan’s Sons MC, #1)
  • Operation: Spank Me
  • Once Bitten, Twice Burned (Phoenix Fire, #2)
  • Witness Seduction
Selena Kitt is a NEW YORK TIMES and USA TODAY bestselling and award-winning author of erotic fiction. She is one of the highest selling erotic writers in the business. With over a million books sold, she is the cream-at-the-top!

Her writing embodies everything from the spicy to the scandalous, but watch out-this kitty also has sharp claws and her stories often include intriguing edges and twists t...more
More about Selena Kitt...
Taken  Babysitting the Baumgartners (Baumgartners, #1) Connections Heidi and the Kaiser Temptation (Under Mr. Nolan's Bed, #1)