Start by marking “Divided in Death (In Death, #18)” as Want to Read:
Divided in Death (In Death, #18)

Divided in Death (In Death #18)

4.3 of 5 stars 4.30  ·  rating details  ·  15,806 ratings  ·  435 reviews
Reva Ewing was a former member of the Secret Service, and then a security specialist for Roarke Enterprises—until she was found standing over the dead bodies of her husband, renowned artist Blair Bissel, and her best friend. But Lieutenant Eve Dallas believes there was more to the killings than jealous rage—all of Bissel's computer files were deliberately corrupted.

To Roa
Published (first published January 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Divided in Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Divided in Death

5 Stars...this is the series that keeps on giving!! I am in awe of the fact that I am on book 18 in this series and it just keeps getting BETTER!! The plot was well thought out, fresh, exciting and held my interest throughout! I was on edge for most of the book, not only because of the suspense, but due to the rift in Roarke and Eve’s relationship. They are not perfect; they both have their flaws, and are steadfast in their belief, which has always created friction in their marriage. But, in thi ...more
I LOVE this installment! Its got a good mystery, but again its the character development that drives this book. For a large part of this book, Eve and Roarke cannot find their way to each other, they are estranged by their different reactions to some information that comes to light about Eve's past. It's this struggle which makes the heart of the book so compelling because you want them to make it. Very intense. And the scenes of Eve on her own without his support...heartbreaking, even though sh ...more
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: 31 May - 14 June 2013

2nd read: 18-29 September 2015
5 stars is never enough!****Even though I've read this countless times, it was just what I needed to reset my preferences and remember why E&R are THE couple in modern fiction. Awesomeness abounds, love conquers, characters are mature and worthy, and no one is TSTL. I used the bloody heck out of the highlight feature on my Kindle. ***Love***
8/18/15 Another re-read...sometimes it's just great to go back and read the 'classics.':)
Petra (Safari Poet)
Intense! There is a lot of emotions in the air. Anger, fear, love, contempt, sorrow, rage and not only from who you'd expect.

A colleague and friend of Roarke is suspected of killing her husband, but for Eve the pieces are falling into place too easily. After finding data corruption on multiple computers, she suspects techno-terrorists.

During the investigation, information about Eve past comes to light. All she want to do is leave the past where it belongs and try and deal with what she learns, b
Another great romp through New York with Eve, Roarke and others. The action built up nicely, using tension nicely. The final twist was a little telegraphed in my opinion, and I was a little disappointed at the lack of detail in the resolution, but I did quite enjoy the climax. There wasn't quite enough Peabody and McNab featured in my opinion, but I do say that about most books.
Jessa ♥dhanger♥ EvilDarkSide
Emotional....that's the one word that describes the 18th book in this wonderful series. These books just keep getting better and better. The character development is outstanding and the writing is amazing. Eve and Roarke butt heads quite a bit throughout the series but in this book it goes a little further and causes a rip in their relationship. Seeing them get through it and repair the damage makes this book one of the best out of the series.
Michelle (meshe)
The year is 2059. It is a future in which technology and humanity collide, and a new computer virus has become the latest form of terrorism.

Reva Ewing, a former member of the Secret Service, a security specialist for Roarke Enterprises, is a prime suspect in a double homicide. She had every reason to want to kill her husband, the renowned artist Blair Bissel. Not only was he having an affair, he was having it with her best friend. But Lieutenant Eve Dallas, who's on the case, believes Re
Kathy Davie
First read June 26, 2010 and again March 23, 2011 and August 15, 2014.

I suppose when your husband owns half the world that it's inevitable that most of the crimes Eve investigates involve Roarke somehow. This is a good one involving substitution, spies, and betrayal.
I'll go ahead and add all the JD Robb books to my list, but let's just say this - there hasn't been one that I haven't managed to finish in a week, regardless of the rest of life. They simply suck you in. There's no tougher girl than Eve Dallas.
A man and his lover are stabbed to death in the middle of a tryst. Homicide Detective Eve Dallas is called to the scene and finds the man's wife standing over the bodies with their blood on her hands. She's got means, motive and opportunity. A slam dunk? Not really. The wife in question is Reva Ewing, an ex- Secret Service agent who is a hero for "taking one" for the president and an employee of Roarke's. Reva is spear-heading a top secret government contract to counter a destructive computer vi ...more
Another exciting murder mystery with a surprise ending! Again, I am enjoying this In Death series of murder mysteries starring Lieutenant Eve Dallas written by J. D. Robb. I love watching Eve interact with the other regular characters, Roarke, Feeney, Peabody and McNab, and the author's books always have an intriguing mystery to unravel. I am ready for the next book, Visions in Death!
Alana ~ The Book Pimp
It's super nice to continue to see Peabody come into her own, so to speak. But the fighting... dude. Roarke and Eve fighting is not good. It's like watching parents fight, and nobody wants to see parents fight (usually.)

In the grand scale of the series (so far)... it's not my favorite, but it's not my least favorite either. It's a happy medium that will definitely continue my desire to read the series, but if I ever get a hankering to re-read (re-listen) to my audio books in this series, I'd li
Katie Reus
One of the best in the series so far. Love the continuing growth of Roarke and Eve!
Page-turning, heart-wrenching, tough and a great ending. Another keeper for the shelf. There was suspense, twists and turns, some rough patches, emotional upheaval, revelations, some touching moments, good characters and personalities, humor, a little action, growth and everything in between. I laughed, snickered, held my breath, teared up a little, got aggravated, had a great time and am ready to go back for more. Totally Iced and Enjoy!
Liked this book, to an extent. Loved reading about Caro's background and how she came to work for Roarke.

Now Roarke and his "big balls" were a bit too big and his thinking so very narrow-minded. I guess J.D. Robb likes to confirm his violent tendencies. I know Roarke will go to any extent to protect Eve, but how could he not clue in to her feelings about the whole HSO business.

Anyways, 2 thumbs up and 5 stars for Eve and Roarke!
One more five star review for this series by J.D. Robb! What can I say? It has become one of my favorite series so far! Although at the beginning the story seems to be an easy one, soon it’s obvious that this is not the case. I can’t believe that after so many books, the author still amazes me with her stories!

Murders, spying, dark secrets from the past and marital problems are the main themes in this book. Eve has to solve a case and at the same time she learns that there were people who knew w
The writing seemed strange to me in this book, more masculine in tone for some reason. I thought the relationship stuff wasn't as well nuanced as others. Of course I still loved it, this series is wonderful. Just observing.
Caz Malpas

Could there be trouble at home for Eve and Roarke.............????!?!?

Oh eckki thump I think there is, as more discoveries are made regarding Eve's past.
Roarke is not happy and wants to take extreme measures to avenge the evil that was done to her, Eve is not happy about this, and with her being so busy wrapped up in the case involving an employee of Roarkes, she can't handle the situation very well.

Yet another good one involving all the gang, Ms Robb never seems to
Charlotte (Buried in Books)
Enjoyed this one a lot, but it's not a favourite. For a start, the case was too convoluted at the start. I lost track of who people were more than once.

Also, there are like forty of these books. I think I would enjoy it if Eve's past didn't rise up with a vengeance in every single one.

Mira continues to be amazing though. And I really am enjoying Eve and Peabody finding their footing as Detective partners.

Roarke was slightly less annoying than usual in this one too.

And I just generally adore Feen
"Portrait" and "Purity" tough Eve Dallas acts to follow...

We've read the entire 18-book "Robb" series and generally enjoy all the stories immensely. As usually happens with long-running characters, we've come to feel intimate with both the leading couple, NYPD Homicide Lt. Eve Dallas and her billionaire husband Roarke, as well as a fine supporting cast of cops Peabody, Feeney, and McNab (among others); quirky friend Mavis; and annoying "houseman"/valet Summerset. The writing and plot crafting sk
Some positives,some negatives in my reread of Divided. I like Reva's righteous anger as she shreds the leather jacket and her personality, almost Eve like in her work career yet not having a clue in her personal life. The contrast between prim, proper and always efficient Caro and her hot headed daughter Reva is interesting. The murder itself is interesting and while we have seen staged murders dissected before by Eve and Peabody, having Roarke and Caro involved so closely ramps up the tension.
Normally I would give anything in this series five stars but I deducted a star in this case because the plot, although clever, seemed somewhat contrived. I tried to think of the HSO as the CIA or FBI to see if that would make it seem less so, but no dice. On the other hand, the Dallas cast of characters are just as amazing as ever, with Roarke and Eve getting into their first major, major marriage squabble. I still can't believe Roarke said to Eve, "It's part of the package I took on [referring ...more
There are plenty enough reviews out there that give the plot summary. So I'll just talk about my reactions. This was a very uncomfortable book, in that Roarke and Eve are again fighting over that which together makes them strong - most especially Roarke's immense love for Eve and his desire to make everything in her world perfect. Which he already does by simply existing, but when he gets a glimpse into her past and learns something rather horrifying (but frankly, not that surprising if we're ta ...more
What a great read. This one is changed up a little as spooks come into play. However Eve is not taken in for long by the murders. Linked to this one is her own story as a child and those who turned a blind eye to it. Roarke and herself have their most serious argument yet since their marriage, however Mira's advice is the best. And while their are big egos involved, love wins out. This series just gets better. Love the humour!
Zenny Dahl
This is book 18 in the Eve Dallas mystery series. This time, one of Rourke’s employees is suspected of committing a crime. Only it’s not as cut and dried as it first appears. The two dead are not merely a cheating husband and his mistress but ultra secret government agents. I love this series because of the never boring, married sex and how quickly I can get lost in the book.
Liza Wiemer
This one was close to home for Roarke and Eve, and really shook up their relationship! Double-crossing murder comes close to Roarke's extended family and he'll do anything to help protect the innocent, but it may tear him a part from Eve. It was an edge-of-your-seat, heart pounding novel. Another great one in this intense series.

Meli Mel *Ty and Zane's Creeper*
Reva Ewing, security specialist for Roarke, is a prime suspect of the death of Blair Bissel, her husband, and Felicity Cade, her best friend. Reva discovers her husband and best friend have been having an affair. Now she is being framed for a double murder she didn't commit.
I can't believe I am still not bored by this series, it just gets better. I really missed all the characters but didn't know how much till I started reading this. Another great exciting read. New info on Eve's past is reveale
Ana-julia Cintron
Loved it

This is the second time I read this book, it was like reading it for the first time. Dallas and Roarke at their best. I recommend reading it.
J.D. Robb : Buddy Read - Divided In Death (Sept. 2014) Spoiler Zone 86 40 Oct 30, 2014 09:32PM
Readers of Kindle...: Divided in Death #18 1 4 Feb 08, 2012 11:03AM
  • A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
  • River's End
  • Force of Nature (Troubleshooters, #11)
J.D. Robb writes police procedurals set in the near future.

Naked in Death is the first book in what was initially meant to be trilogy about Eve Dallas, a NY police lieutenant with a dark past. In that first book she meets the mysterious Roarke, who is a suspect in the case. By the time the third book in that initial trilogy was in stores readers clamored for more.

Twenty years later, Devoted in Dea
More about J.D. Robb...

In Death (1 - 10 of 42 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death, #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
Naked in Death (In Death, #1) Glory in Death (In Death, #2) Immortal in Death (In Death, #3) Portrait in Death (In Death, #16) Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)

“Life is never as long as we want it to be, and wasted time can never be recovered.” 153 likes
“You're the love of my life. I don't care how corny that sounds. You're the start of it, and the end of it. And you're the best of it.” 68 likes