Start by marking “Can You See What I See?: Toyland Express: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve” as Want to Read:
Can You See What I See?: Toyland Express: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve

Can You See What I See?: Toyland Express: Picture Puzzles to Search and Solve

An amazing new search-and-find adventure from the creative mind of renowned photographer and author Walter Wick.

Amazing photographs accompany a search-and-find story by Walter Wick, the creator of award-winning picture books, the author and photographer of the New York Times bestselling Can You See What I See? series, and the photographer of the bestselling I Spy series.

CA
Published October 1st 2011 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about Can You See What I See?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Can You See What I See?

Danielle
Dec 28, 2011 Danielle rated it it was amazing
Can You See What I See? Toyland Express by Walter Wick takes vintage Christmas toy magic to an entirely new level! Open the pages and entire a world filled with trains, toys and every imaginable related object will come to life before your eyes. This was our family’s first venture into the world of Walter Wick’s “look and find” style books, but I’m positive I’ll be sharing more with both kiddos. The images are gorgeous! Walter Wick has an incredible talent for capturing the life of a still toy ...more
Mundie Moms & Mundie Kids
While reading this book with my kids, it made me wish I had an attic to go into to, so that I could pull out a box of toys and set up a Toyland Express train set like the one featured in the story, and allow my children endless hours of imaginary fun. Luckily Walter Wick's stunning photos and engaging story provide those hours of entertainment for my kids with his newest release. The Toyland Express is a fabulous book for readers ages preK through 2nd, as they take a journey with the Toyland ...more
Pat (Get Kids to Read) Tierney
Wick, Walter. Can You See What I See?: Toyland Express. New York: Scholastic, 2011. Print.
This review is also posted on Get Kids to Read: http://www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

A Get Kids to Read First Pick for Reluctant Readers.

Walter Wick has been creating hidden picture books for years. The Can You See What I See series continues that tradition. Toyland Express is an entry that has a toy room theme. This book does not have many words except for the what to find, but hidden picture books do increase
babyhippoface
A series of look-and-find spreads follows the life of a wooden toy train from its creation in a workshop to the store window, a child's room, a dusty attic, a yard sale, and more. Each spread features a poem listing objects to locate on the page--some that are relatively easy to spot and others that are well-hidden. I appreciate the story of the train Wick is telling along with the game of hidden pictures.
Samantha
Jun 28, 2013 Samantha rated it liked it
One of the titles in the hardest to solve of Wick's seek and find series. Rhyming text reads like a bulleted list of item to search for, this time without any picture clues to aid readers.

An author's note details the creative arc he followed to create this title: from the toy factory to a yard sale. Grades 3-5.
Sharon
Aug 16, 2013 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own, tom
Another hand-me-down from the cousins (not sure which ones). This book tells the story of a train set that goes from beloved toy to discarded relic and then is re-built. Tommy likes to set up his own scenes with objects around the house.
Claire
Mr Wick is amazing. He has portrayed the life of a train set. His work is always stunning.
If you are looking at this book with a prereader or struggling reader this provides an opportunity to show the young one how to follow a page left to right as they search for the items in the poems.
Cameron Crowley
Jul 07, 2013 Cameron Crowley rated it it was amazing
I think it's really good...it goes to different places..
Tracy
Tracy rated it really liked it
Jan 08, 2014
Emerson and Theodore
Jan 21, 2015 Emerson and Theodore rated it liked it
Shelves: library-books
Hide and seek book. Counting Items. He liked it!
H
H rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2016
David Forero
David Forero rated it liked it
Aug 05, 2012
Justin Rogers
Justin Rogers rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2015
Julie Flake
Julie Flake rated it liked it
Jul 08, 2016
Jean LaBonte
Jean LaBonte rated it it was amazing
Apr 23, 2016
PWRL
Jan 15, 2013 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2013-new
A
SM
Jessica
Jessica rated it really liked it
Jul 03, 2012
Katieb (MundieMoms)
Katieb (MundieMoms) rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2012
Claudine Bevan
Claudine Bevan rated it liked it
Feb 07, 2015
Maria Lauzon
Maria Lauzon rated it it was amazing
Dec 15, 2014
Anthony Kerlick
Anthony Kerlick rated it it was amazing
Apr 20, 2015
Miss Melissa
Miss Melissa rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2011
Sharie
Sharie rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2016
Ariell
Ariell rated it really liked it
Jun 28, 2014
Deatrice
Deatrice rated it it was amazing
May 22, 2014
Linda
Linda rated it really liked it
Aug 13, 2013
Stephen
Stephen rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2013
Trish Duncan
Trish Duncan rated it it was amazing
Jun 04, 2014
Kathy
Kathy rated it it was amazing
Jun 03, 2014
Brandon
Brandon rated it it was ok
Mar 31, 2013