Start by marking “Besieged” as Want to Read:
Besieged

Besieged (Skye's Legacy #3)

3.97 of 5 stars 3.97  ·  rating details  ·  721 ratings  ·  8 reviews
"New York Times" bestselling author Bertrice Small writes exciting love stories that introduce readers to magnificent historic locales and memorable characters. In her newest book, "Besieged," she continues her thrilling 17th century saga, "Skye's Legacy, " with the moving tale of Jasmine's younger daughter, a courageous beauty determined to follow her heart....Besieged

Nea...more
Published July 1st 2003 by Kensington Publishing Corporation (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Besieged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Besieged

Kelley Ross
I must have really terrible luck to have stumbled across yet another book that uses the term "love lance" during sexual scenes. Joking aside, this book is repetitive and spends a lot of time describing things that readers won't care about. Fortune's choice of a husband was obvious from the very beginning, and the dialogue between characters is peppered at strange times with dialect instead of being consistent.

Historically, I find this romance novel lacking.The Irish struggle for religious freed...more
Orion
Besieged, set in 1630's Ulster area of Ireland, is the first of Small's Skye O'Malley series I have read which is a matrilineal historical romance series. It tells the romantic story of Skye's granddaughter Fortune Lindley and Kieran Devers, she a Protestant and he a Catholic, in a very intolerant world. They are faced with the classic “A fish could marry a bird, but where would they live?"

While Small does a fairly good job of portraying the conflict between the local Irish Catholics and their n...more
Tanya
Having read all 6 books in the Skye O'Malley series, I was thrilled to learn the story continued in the Skye's Lagacy series. Another 6 books... hooray! Besieged was Book 3 in the Legacy series so I am now halfway through. While it was not my favorite (Fortune was not among my favorite of Small's heroines) it was still a great read and fun to extend my visit with the characters I have come to know and love. I will be sad to finish this series.
Tricia
Jan 27, 2014 Tricia rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Skye-O'Malley readers, historical fiction fans
Shelves: my-reviews
I wanted to give this book a two stars. But my husband said I re-read them so frequently I couldn't possibly dislike them that much, and implied that I was somewhat two-faced, liking it privately but dissing it publicly. So all right. Three stars it is.

Fortune is the heroine, and despite her fiery hair, her personality seems quite mild, even milksoppy. This is described as "practical" by everyone in her family, but she has so much bland acceptance about things that should matter more to her that...more
Judy
God, I still can't believe I have this heaving-bosom book. Another time, another life. Pure sexual fantasy. HA!
Cynthia B
This was a good read.
Judith
I look forward to each new Bertrice Small book with extreme anticipation. I have especially enjoyed reading the continuing saga of the O'Malley family. However, since the original character Skye has died, her descendents have become quite boring (as compared to her). They no longer have the adventures that Skye herself once did. I was especially disappointed that Fortune never did find out that Rory was her real father. That would have been reminiscent of the Skye legacy.
Robin Rousu
Eh. Similar to, but not as good as her Friarsgate Inheritance series. Really pointless subplot tacked on at the end, which made me wish she had ended the book about 100 pages sooner.
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Oct 18, 2014
Rosa-lee Reed
Rosa-lee Reed marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2014
Chrisanne Penn
Chrisanne Penn marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Oct 09, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Raph
Raph marked it as to-read
Sep 27, 2014
Jen Crady
Jen Crady marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Alice Gottschall
Alice Gottschall marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
  • The Pirate and the Pagan
  • The Rogue's Return (Company of Rogues, #12)
  • Lady Vixen
  • Savage Desire (Morgan-Challenger #6)
  • Love's Tender Fury
  • Desire in Disguise
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has...more
More about Bertrice Small...
Skye O'Malley (O'Malley Saga, #1) The Kadin All the Sweet Tomorrows (O'Malley Saga #2) This Heart of Mine (O'Malley Saga, #4) Wild Jasmine (O'Malley Saga #6)