Start by marking “Besieged” as Want to Read:
Besieged

Besieged (Skye's Legacy #3)

3.97  ·  Rating Details  ·  890 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
New York Times bestselling author Bertrice Small writes exciting love stories that introduce readers to magnificent historic locales and memorable characters. In her newest book, Besieged, she continues her thrilling 17th century saga, Skye's Legacy, with the moving tale of Jasmine's younger daughter, a courageous beauty determined to follow her heart. . ..

Besieged

Nearly a
Published July 1st 2003 by Kensington (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Besieged, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Besieged

Orion
Mar 26, 2010 Orion rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Besieged, set in 1630's Ulster area of Ireland, is the first of Small's Skye O'Malley series I have read which is a matrilineal historical romance series. It tells the romantic story of Skye's granddaughter Fortune Lindley and Kieran Devers, she a Protestant and he a Catholic, in a very intolerant world. They are faced with the classic “A fish could marry a bird, but where would they live?"

While Small does a fairly good job of portraying the conflict between the local Irish Catholics and their n
Kelley Ross
I must have really terrible luck to have stumbled across yet another book that uses the term "love lance" during sexual scenes. Joking aside, this book is repetitive and spends a lot of time describing things that readers won't care about. Fortune's choice of a husband was obvious from the very beginning, and the dialogue between characters is peppered at strange times with dialect instead of being consistent.

Historically, I find this romance novel lacking.The Irish struggle for religious freed
Tricia
Jan 27, 2014 Tricia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Skye-O'Malley readers, historical fiction fans
Shelves: my-reviews
I wanted to give this book a two stars. But my husband said I re-read them so frequently I couldn't possibly dislike them that much, and implied that I was somewhat two-faced, liking it privately but dissing it publicly. So all right. Three stars it is.

Fortune is the heroine, and despite her fiery hair, her personality seems quite mild, even milksoppy. This is described as "practical" by everyone in her family, but she has so much bland acceptance about things that should matter more to her that
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
Having read all 6 books in the Skye O'Malley series, I was thrilled to learn the story continued in the Skye's Lagacy series. Another 6 books... hooray! Besieged was Book 3 in the Legacy series so I am now halfway through. While it was not my favorite (Fortune was not among my favorite of Small's heroines) it was still a great read and fun to extend my visit with the characters I have come to know and love. I will be sad to finish this series.
Donna
Oct 10, 2015 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Judy
Feb 21, 2008 Judy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
God, I still can't believe I have this heaving-bosom book. Another time, another life. Pure sexual fantasy. HA!
Naksed
Coming from a native country that has been and continues to be ravaged by religious fanaticism, I can say without a doubt that Bertrice Small did an outstanding job of illustrating the depths of depravity, insanity and bloodlust that ordinary people can resort to given the motivation and enabling circumstances. Though Small writes about centuries old feuds between Catholics and Protestants in England and Ireland, she could just as well be writing about hotspots today that still put neighbours, f ...more
Monica Autry
Read this a while back. Liked it enough I will re read. :c)
Cynthia B
Jun 06, 2014 Cynthia B rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a good read.
Judith
Nov 09, 2011 Judith rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I look forward to each new Bertrice Small book with extreme anticipation. I have especially enjoyed reading the continuing saga of the O'Malley family. However, since the original character Skye has died, her descendents have become quite boring (as compared to her). They no longer have the adventures that Skye herself once did. I was especially disappointed that Fortune never did find out that Rory was her real father. That would have been reminiscent of the Skye legacy.
Robin Rousu
Apr 12, 2009 Robin Rousu rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Eh. Similar to, but not as good as her Friarsgate Inheritance series. Really pointless subplot tacked on at the end, which made me wish she had ended the book about 100 pages sooner.
Julie Popoff
Julie Popoff rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Terrie
Terrie added it
Aug 09, 2016
An
An is currently reading it
Aug 08, 2016
Brenda Hardy
Brenda Hardy marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2016
Katd
Katd rated it it was amazing
Aug 05, 2016
Jenni
Jenni added it
Aug 04, 2016
Meaghan
Meaghan marked it as to-read
Aug 02, 2016
R Alonge
R Alonge rated it it was amazing
Jul 25, 2016
Chad
Chad marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2016
Natalie Ryabenko
Natalie Ryabenko marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2016
Cyndie Kremhelmer
Cyndie Kremhelmer rated it liked it
Jul 22, 2016
Stayincrunchy
Stayincrunchy rated it did not like it
Jul 19, 2016
Lisa Clarke
Lisa Clarke rated it really liked it
Jul 14, 2016
  • Valentina
  • When the Splendor Falls
  • When Love Commands
  • The Wanton
  • What Price Love? (Cynster, #13)
  • The Black Rose (Dangerous Heroes, #1)
  • The Rogue's Return (Company of Rogues, #12)
  • The Pagan's Prize
Bertrice Williams was born on December 9, 1937 in Manhattan, New York City, New York, USA, the daughter of Doris S. and David R. Williams, both broadcasters. She studied at Attended Western College for Women and Katharine Gibbs Secretarial School. On October 5, 1963, she married George Sumner Small, a photographer and designer with a History Major at Princeton. They had a son Thomas David. She has ...more
More about Bertrice Small...

Skye's Legacy (6 books)
  • Darling Jasmine (Skye's Legacy #1)
  • Bedazzled (Skye's Legacy #2)
  • Intrigued (Skye's Legacy #4)
  • Just Beyond Tomorrow (Skye's Legacy #5)
  • Vixens (Skye's Legacy #6)