Ten Naughty Little Monkeys

Ten Naughty Little Monkeys

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  104 ratings  ·  31 reviews
Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed . . . and tripping over teddy bears, slipping on banana peels, and falling off the dock!

Those naughty monkeys sure love to monkey around! But just WHO is causing all this monkey business? Try finding the naughtiest monkey in every scene--and watch as she gets her comeuppance at the end! A classic monkey rhyme with delicious illustratio...more
Published March 27th 2007 by HarperCollins Publishers (first published 2007)

Vivian
Occasionally I introduce a book by opening to the front end-papers and ask "What color is this?" (Green!) Then I ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (NO) I turn the page and ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (NO) "This is the title page. See, here is the title and here is the name of the author (the person who wrote the story) and the illustrator (the person who made the pictures)." I turn the page and ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (some say YES, some say NO) "It says here this book is for... It's a...more
Sarah Adamson
This is a fun book based on the rhyme 10 little monkeys jumping on the bed. Through this book the monkeys have different adventures and all end up injured - thanks (if you study the pictures) to one very naughty little monkey. Fun, rhyming and gentle although a bit mischievous!
Edna
This is a really fun and funny book. " Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped her head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed." And on it goes with the rest of the monkeys doing other monkey business, getting mommy monkey all worried and the doctor all annoyed. When eventually counting down to the last monkey, what did the doctor say? and what did the monkeys do? It is a fantastic ending, allowing readers to enjoy the story more t...more
Susan
Author Suzanne Williams takes the familiar rhyme “No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed” to the next level in this humorous rhyming verse. In addition to jumping on the bed, these monkeys get hurt racing out the door, skating on the street, climbing up a tree and more. The illustrations add to the humor and fun as a culprit lurks at the site of each accident. See if your readers can spot them. Adding to the instructional value, the author maintains the rhyme and rhythm of the original while adding...more
Joy Lane
You can sing this as well. good for 0-5 storytime
Patricia
Samantha
Jan 26, 2012 Samantha rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
I always used to laugh at the classic: 10 Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed song that we used to sing and read. This book takes it to a whole new level with a whole array of creativity. Finally, the monkeys learn their lesson about jumping on their bed...or do they? Instead of just the bed, the monkeys find all sorts of different troubles to get themselves into. That poor doctor will end up in an asylum for sure by the time the monkeys are through with him. =)
Dana
"Five Little Monkeys" is a standard at my storytimes, so everyone is familiar with the beginning of this book. However, it quickly takes off on it's own, with the other 9 monkeys finding new ways to get into trouble, all while rhyming, of course. The exasperation of the poor doctor comes through in the illustrations, as does the naughtiness of the monkeys, but my absolute favorite part of the book is the very last page. No spoilers here! Go see for yourelf!
June
Jul 31, 2013 June rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: monkey requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
This worked really well - tying in with the Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do, 5 Little Monkeys jumping on the bed songs, and the 5 Little Monkeys sitting in a tree flannel board. Maybe a 3 for me and and 4/5 for the children.
Alexandria
Lisa
Sep 23, 2008 Lisa rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: children
neat story about 10 monkeys jumping on the bed
but then it counts down 9-1, telling a different story.

9 naughty little monkeys racing out the door, tripped and fell on the floor. Mama called the Dr. and the Dr. said, "No more monkeys racing out the door."

8 naughty little monkeys...
Ben
Pretty funny book about naughty monkeys jumping on the bed (well duh).

The illustrations are fun with lots going on in every picture and the doctor monkey getting increasing exasperated with the monkeys had my child laughing quite a bit.
Amanda
A very fun take on the 10 little monkeys. In this version, one of the little monkeys goes one by one to get all the others in trouble. It's fun seeing all the ways (other than jumping on the bed) that the monkeys can get reprimanded by the doctor.
Julia
Another take on the 'Five little monkeys jumping on the bed' song, but where the monkeys have different funny mishaps that cause their mama to call the doctor. Good repetition and rhyme for reading aloud.
Jackie
Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed!One fell off...oh you already know the rest. Fun-filled illustrations galore.

Used for "A Little Monkey Business" storytime-January, 2010.

Dolly
Sep 08, 2008 Dolly rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, math, rhyming
A fun take on the "Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed" song. Interesting illustrations, humorous narrative as well as a backwards count-down make this book a hit for the kids.
Kristy
Mr. Bob read this at story time at the library and I really enjoyed it. It goes beyond jumping on the bed. I got a good kick out of it...especially with Mr. Bob reading it!
carissa
The littlest monkey gets its revenge in this version of the counting rhyme featuring monkeys engaged in a variety of playful activities.
Hillvan
Fun twist on "5 little monkey's jumping on the bed". Cute illustrations. Story sure to delight the young ones.
Greta
It was cute. Some near rhyme which weakened it, in my opinion, but a cute take on the original.
Marcene
My kids enjoyed this book and really liked spying the "bad" monkey causing the trouble!
Jody Rasmussen
Cute version of the monkeys that jump on the bed and great for counting.
Torrey
This is a fun twist on the original.
Bill Sannwald
Freaking monkeys like to be naughty!
Jetta
Jacob loves to count with this book.
Vicki
What a fun little book!
One of Ali's favorites
Lee
Fun to read aloud.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Library Lil Mommy Doesn't Know My Name My Dog Never Says Please Old MacDonald in the City The Witch Casts A Spell