Start by marking “Ten Naughty Little Monkeys” as Want to Read:
Ten Naughty Little Monkeys

Ten Naughty Little Monkeys

Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed . . . and tripping over teddy bears, slipping on banana peels, and falling off the dock!

Those naughty monkeys sure love to monkey around! But just WHO is causing all this monkey business? Try finding the naughtiest monkey in every scene—and watch as she gets her comeuppance at the end! A classic monkey rhyme with delicious illustration
Published March 27th 2007 by HarperCollins (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Ten Naughty Little Monkeys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ten Naughty Little Monkeys

Vivian
Nov 18, 2010 Vivian rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Occasionally I introduce a book by opening to the front end-papers and ask "What color is this?" (Green!) Then I ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (NO) I turn the page and ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (NO) "This is the title page. See, here is the title and here is the name of the author (the person who wrote the story) and the illustrator (the person who made the pictures)." I turn the page and ask, "Are we to the story yet?" (some say YES, some say NO) "It says here this book is for... It's a ...more
June
Jul 31, 2013 June rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: counting and monkey requests
Recommended to June by: Katie Fitzgerald
This worked really well - tying in with the Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do, 5 Little Monkeys jumping on the bed songs, and the 5 Little Monkeys sitting in a tree flannel board. Maybe a 3 for me and and 4/5 for the children. 7/31/13

Used again this year, but with Count the Monkeys instead of Five Little Monkeys with Nothing to Do. Got lots of giggles and laughs... 7/31/13

Went over well with the song, flannelboard and Five Little Monkeys Play Hide and Seek
Susan
Author Suzanne Williams takes the familiar rhyme “No More Monkeys Jumping on the Bed” to the next level in this humorous rhyming verse. In addition to jumping on the bed, these monkeys get hurt racing out the door, skating on the street, climbing up a tree and more. The illustrations add to the humor and fun as a culprit lurks at the site of each accident. See if your readers can spot them. Adding to the instructional value, the author maintains the rhyme and rhythm of the original while adding ...more
Edna
Oct 26, 2010 Edna rated it it was amazing
This is a really fun and funny book. " Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed. One fell off and bumped her head. Mama called the doctor and the doctor said, "No more monkeys jumping on the bed." And on it goes with the rest of the monkeys doing other monkey business, getting mommy monkey all worried and the doctor all annoyed. When eventually counting down to the last monkey, what did the doctor say? and what did the monkeys do? It is a fantastic ending, allowing readers to enjoy the story more t ...more
Samantha
Jan 26, 2012 Samantha rated it really liked it
Recommended to Samantha by: Alexandria King
I always used to laugh at the classic: 10 Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed song that we used to sing and read. This book takes it to a whole new level with a whole array of creativity. Finally, the monkeys learn their lesson about jumping on their bed...or do they? Instead of just the bed, the monkeys find all sorts of different troubles to get themselves into. That poor doctor will end up in an asylum for sure by the time the monkeys are through with him. =)
Dana
Jul 08, 2010 Dana rated it really liked it
"Five Little Monkeys" is a standard at my storytimes, so everyone is familiar with the beginning of this book. However, it quickly takes off on it's own, with the other 9 monkeys finding new ways to get into trouble, all while rhyming, of course. The exasperation of the poor doctor comes through in the illustrations, as does the naughtiness of the monkeys, but my absolute favorite part of the book is the very last page. No spoilers here! Go see for yourelf!
Patty
Jan 22, 2012 Patty rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-picture
Alexandria
Jan 02, 2012 Alexandria rated it liked it
Amanda
Jun 01, 2009 Amanda rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-s-books
A very fun take on the 10 little monkeys. In this version, one of the little monkeys goes one by one to get all the others in trouble. It's fun seeing all the ways (other than jumping on the bed) that the monkeys can get reprimanded by the doctor.
Lisa
Sep 23, 2008 Lisa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: children
Shelves: children
neat story about 10 monkeys jumping on the bed
but then it counts down 9-1, telling a different story.

9 naughty little monkeys racing out the door, tripped and fell on the floor. Mama called the Dr. and the Dr. said, "No more monkeys racing out the door."

8 naughty little monkeys...
Julia
Another take on the 'Five little monkeys jumping on the bed' song, but where the monkeys have different funny mishaps that cause their mama to call the doctor. Good repetition and rhyme for reading aloud.
Ben
May 09, 2013 Ben rated it liked it
Pretty funny book about naughty monkeys jumping on the bed (well duh).

The illustrations are fun with lots going on in every picture and the doctor monkey getting increasing exasperated with the monkeys had my child laughing quite a bit.
Sarah Adamson
Jun 19, 2014 Sarah Adamson rated it really liked it
This is a fun book based on the rhyme 10 little monkeys jumping on the bed. Through this book the monkeys have different adventures and all end up injured - thanks (if you study the pictures) to one very naughty little monkey. Fun, rhyming and gentle although a bit mischievous!
Greta
Apr 06, 2009 Greta rated it liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
It was cute. Some near rhyme which weakened it, in my opinion, but a cute take on the original.
Katie Fitzgerald
Read during daycare visits on 7/24/13: http://storytimesecrets.blogspot.com/...
Kristy
Oct 18, 2007 Kristy rated it it was amazing
Mr. Bob read this at story time at the library and I really enjoyed it. It goes beyond jumping on the bed. I got a good kick out of it...especially with Mr. Bob reading it!
Jackie
Jan 31, 2010 Jackie rated it really liked it
Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed!One fell off...oh you already know the rest. Fun-filled illustrations galore.

Used for "A Little Monkey Business" storytime-January, 2010.

carissa
The littlest monkey gets its revenge in this version of the counting rhyme featuring monkeys engaged in a variety of playful activities.
Dolly
Sep 08, 2008 Dolly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Shelves: childrens, 2008, math, rhyming
A fun take on the "Ten little monkeys jumping on the bed" song. Interesting illustrations, humorous narrative as well as a backwards count-down make this book a hit for the kids.
Jessica
Jul 14, 2014 Jessica rated it really liked it
I was afraid this book would be the same old nursery rhyme over again but it wasn't. A pretty cute little story.
Bill Sannwald
Feb 17, 2011 Bill Sannwald rated it liked it
Freaking monkeys like to be naughty!
Marcene
Aug 14, 2012 Marcene rated it it was amazing
My kids enjoyed this book and really liked spying the "bad" monkey causing the trouble!
Joy Lane
Feb 21, 2014 Joy Lane rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-storytimes-0-5
You can sing this as well. good for 0-5 storytime
Molly Brougham
This is a counting and rhyming book about naughty monkeys who get hurt all the time!
Jetta
May 04, 2011 Jetta rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
Jacob loves to count with this book.
Jody Rasmussen
Jun 30, 2012 Jody Rasmussen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
Cute version of the monkeys that jump on the bed and great for counting.
Hillvan
Jan 09, 2013 Hillvan rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ok-1000-books
Fun twist on "5 little monkey's jumping on the bed". Cute illustrations. Story sure to delight the young ones.
Vicki
  • Hippo Goes Bananas!
  • Pigs to the Rescue
  • Aaaarrgghh! Spider!
  • except if
  • Sleep, Big Bear, Sleep!
  • Who Has These Feet?
  • Bears on Chairs
  • Mama Cat Has Three Kittens
  • Wombat Walkabout
  • A Frog in the Bog
  • We've All Got Bellybuttons!
  • The Very Lazy Ladybug Pop-Up
  • Big Fat Hen
  • A Birthday for Cow!
  • If You're Hoppy
  • Tiger Can't Sleep
  • Muncha! Muncha! Muncha!