Start by marking “Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones, #4.5)

Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones #4.5)

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  752 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Battling a demon lord is all in a day’s work for the Dark One named Sebastian. But now he must take on a horde of unhappy zombies and an obnoxious teen vampire if he wants to win the hand of the one woman who can make him whole.

Ysabelle is a woman with a past, and not a whole lot of future if a certain demon lord has his way. With zombies, demons, and a little thing like d...more
Published May 16th 2011

To ask other readers questions about Bring Out Your Dead, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bring Out Your Dead

Susan Stec
Again, MacAlister made me laugh out loud and roll my eyes at the same time.

Bring Out Your Dead (Dark Ones Novels) is an oldie but a goodie. Published in 2006, republished in 2010, I don't know how I missed this one. It's loaded with lovable, laughable characters: imps, zombies, an annoying spirit guide that so totally butchers the French language. An equally annoying child vamp, and…oh yeah, a hunky vampire that keeps calling MacAlister's protagonist, Ysabelle,( yeah, I said Ysabelle. Where the...more
Gab
read this story in a previous anthology - good story. Highly recommend the Dark One series,
but more over I HIGHLY recommend any book by Katie MacAlister. I have not come across any book by this author I have not liked and her books range from really good to histerically brilliant.
don't miss her dragon series [Aisling Grey, Silver Dragons, Light Dragons].
ps. if you like Katie MacAlister's dragon books check out author G.A. Aiken "Dragon Kin" series - series brilliant/funny/enjoyable
Redgirlsmama
This book was good but I felt like it didn't want to be a short story, either that or I was missing something.... I feel like I need to go back and reread part of the series.
Lyndi
I had a really hard time with this little story.

Partially because I'm somewhat familiar with Dark Ones, but I didn't really know there were zombies and demons and such. That threw me at first.

And partially due to Sally. I love the witty, outspoken, has-no-concept-of-personal-space sidekick that Katie MacAlister writes. Cora in "Unleashed" was a perfect example of one of these characters (though I know she later got her own book, I think she was a better sidekick). But Sally was impossible to u...more
Gretchen
I love this story, which surprises me somewhat because MacCalister tends to have a lighter, more comedic tone to her writing than what I normally enjoy. This story just worked for me, though. I am not familiar with her Dark Ones series (wasn't even aware of it until after completing this story), and yet I was able to follow the characters, events, and overall rules of her mythical world without issue.

While I like both the hero and heroine, the supporting characters really made this a "can't-put...more
Amy
Hanna
What a fine little read. It has been too long since my last Dark One fix. MacAlister's writing is something else - it is hilarious, smart, sexy and exciting all at the same time.

Sebastian wasn't my favourite dark one but an interesting character all the same. I also enjoy how in every story the heroine is different and they all are great.
Peggy
I loved this book . The Dark Ones are One of the most amazing set of books I have read. The dark ones will make you laugh and want to smack them all at the same time depending on who you are reading about anyway then this set of books is for you and you never know what will end up at your door be it Demon Lords,Zombie, Ghost or dadgum IMP's haha . Well all I can say is go and get your copy find out for yourself what you been missing.
Corie
Cute story. 3.5 Stars. Some of the characters stoties were a bit hazy to me as they were so rushed. The downside of reading a novella I guess. And too rushed on the whole "We bumped in the street, oops my lips happened to land on yours, I know it must be life-altering true love!" Ha!
Stefanie Pender
Loved it

it helped explain a bit more about Noelle and Sebastian. I was also curious about how Sebastian found his beloved.
Skye Louise

Another classic from Katie Macalister! As always filled with lots of laughter and humour, and hot Vamp--- i mean--- Dark Ones ;) the only problem was that it was too short-- then again it could be a never ending book and i still couldn't get enough! :)
Darkand
This was Sebastian and Belle's story. I'm still not 100% sure what exactly happened at the very end but...it was a happy ending nonetheless so I'm good with it.
Nov 14, 2011 Sarah marked it as to-read
Novella found in the Just One Sip anthology
Part of anthology Just One Sip
Elena
Elena marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Kelly
Kelly marked it as to-read
Oct 14, 2014
Amy Freese
Amy Freese marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Sheena
Sheena marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Morgan
Morgan marked it as to-read
Oct 01, 2014
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2014
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Gina gamill
Gina gamill marked it as to-read
Sep 20, 2014
Sofayyy
Sofayyy marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2014
Mickey Allanson
Mickey Allanson marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
  • Circus of the Darned (Ben and Fran, #2)
  • The Accidental Genie (Accidentals, #7)
  • Throne of Oak (Maggie's Grove, #2)
  • Heat Wave
  • My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon
  • Club Monstrosity (Monstrosity, #1)
  • A Very Vampy Christmas (Love at Stake, #2.5)
  • The Accidental Vampire Plus Vampires are Forever and Bonus Material
  • Naughty Or Nice (Wyndham Werewolf, #4)
  • Twisted Sister of Mine (Overworld Chronicles, #5)
  • Willing (Juliana, #2)
  • Sugarplums and Scandal (Includes: Love at Stake, #2.5)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles, #1)
  • Shifter's Lady: A Warrior of Poseidon Novella
For as long as she can remember, Katie MacAlister has loved reading. Growing up in a family where a weekly visit to the library was a given, Katie spent much of her time with her nose buried in a book. Despite her love for novels, she didn't think of writing them until she was contracted to write a non-fiction book about software. Since her editor refused to allow her to include either witty dialo...more
More about Katie MacAlister...
You Slay Me (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #1) Fire Me Up (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #2) Light My Fire (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #3) A Girl's Guide to Vampires (Dark Ones, #1) Holy Smokes (Aisling Grey: Guardian, #4)