Tessa in Love: CosmoGirl/Piccadilly Love Stories

Tessa in Love: CosmoGirl/Piccadilly Love Stories

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  256 ratings  ·  27 reviews
'A fabulous story - I couldn't put it down.' Wendy Cooling, children's books consultant.

Wolfie was totally scruffy . . . and totally sexy. It wasn't love at first sight, because I'd been aware of him for years and just hadn't noticed before. It was like really seeing someone for the first time.

Tessa has always been 'the quiet one', while her best friend, Matty, is outgoin...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published January 1st 2005)

Nicolle
Jun 18, 2010 Nicolle rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who likes romance
Reading this book I went through all emotions known to man with Tessa. When she fell in love with Wolfie it was amazing to her, like feeling she had never felt before, but on recieveing the news thathe had died she felt devastated, and many of us who have lost someone we love can relate to this. I was crying at this point and felt an anger at the author, how could she do this to Wolfie. I had to remind myself that it was a book.
The plot was well thought out and the charcters true to form. Over...more
Nicolle
One of the very few books to make me cry, very moving.
Leila Osman
Sep 18, 2013 Leila Osman rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: My mates
Recommended to Leila by: i found it myself
very touching cried a lot
Yola NY
another sad-ending novel from kate le vann...

maniiiiss bangeett hubungan Tessa dan wolfie di sini. apalagi pas mereka lagi LDR-an, si wolfie yang harus pergi ke Peru selama musim panas. mereka surat2an, telpon2an, dan email2an. di sini, jelas banget mereka itu saling mencintai satu sama lain. huaa,, jarang2 aku baca novel luar yang tipe cowoknya kayak wolfie gini, tipe cowok yang setia abis..!

suka deh pokoknya!

tapi, well, kecewa sekali lagi. oke deh, sebelumnya baca novel kate le vann yang judul...more
Silvia Natari
"Love is the last thing we need right now, Tessa," Matty said.

"...Kita sudah melewati terlalu banyak kalau kau mau memutuskanku begitu saja dengan menghindar"
Aku tidak bergerak.
"Aku belum memutuskanmu" kataku.
Wolfie keluar dari tenda dan berjalan mendekat.
"Kau berpaling dariku" ujarnya.
"Aku tidak tahu apakah kau mau bicara denganku atau tidak."
"Aku selalu ingin bicara denganmu."
"Aku tidak tahu apa yang kuinginkan."
"Aku idiot," katanya. "Aku membiarkan teman-temanku membuat temanmu kesal. Kenapa...more
Alessandra
'Love is the last thing we need right now, Tessa,’ Matty said.
As the credits rolled, we were both in a drippy, hopeless kind of state, having laughed at the cheesiness of the movie for as long as we could, and then fallen for it anyway. As usual.
‘But why?’ I said loudly, sounding a bit like I was going to burst into song. ‘I want it. And you’re in love anyway. Lee is perfect for you and he’s not going to die in a sword fight.’
‘No, but…’
‘He’s seriously cute.’
‘Well, yeah, but…’

I picked up the Ital...more
Patrícia
Por lado não consigo perceber, a moral da história deste livro, nem sei como uma autora é capaz de fazer um final destes num livro catalogado como Literatura Juvenil. Mas por outro, acredito que haja por este mundo fora imensas Tessa's que passaram por o mesmo que ela, e não é algo que se deseje a ninguém, nem de certo fácil de ultrapassar, porque embora se diga que o tempo cura tudo, tudo aquilo que vivemos nestas idades, é o que de mais marcante fica na nossa vida.
Taylor ..
This book actually made me cry. Now I'm not one of those people who cry at silly love stories or when people get married. I actually hardly ever cry, but 'Tessa In Love' has a heart-breaking twist. Maybe because I could relate to this book, I'm around the same age as Tessa and so therefore I knew how much I would have cherished to have a guy like Wolfie.

It's a super easy read. I got through it in less than a week, and just wish that I could have seen more of the relationship between Tessa and W...more
Kay
Kate le Vann really captures a perfect teenage love story for those who desire it. Wolfie is a scruffy unusual boy and Tessa is falling in love fast. She has never been into activist's until this very special one came along. However, Wolfie is older than her and is ready to move onto a job, so whilst she goes back to school, he goes travelling... will she ever see him again??
This book reveals the true feeling for first love and the how people cope with sudden heart-break. VERY sad ending, but de...more
Iona Sinclair
In many ways, i should have given this book five stars, but i just couldn't. I felt really close to the main character - Tessa - as her situation is similar to my own, and i found myself agreeing to most of what she was saying. Despite this, theres just something about this book that irritates me. The majority of the book was fine, but the ending seemed very sudden, and rushed, with the climax being told in about five words of direct speech. I felt that the book could have been slightly longer,...more
Jenni
Leandra
Sometimes you think this girl is feeling inadequate but that's ok, anyways, the book is quite well written, it's like you can put oneself in the position of the protagonist. It's not a normal lovestory, it's a lovestory you're still thinking of a few days after you had read it. You're lost in dreams how it would be if you fell in love thus deeply and have a relationship thus strong.Ok I know this sentence and the one I've written about putting oneself .. are contradictory, but this is the way I...more
Tierney
Caution spoilers!!!

For gods sake. These books by kate are becoming so predictable, and they always seemed to end with one of the lovers dieing. And guess what? Wolfie dies. In a very predictable, abrupt, annoying fashion. I dont really have much else to say, other than i loved Rain by Kate Le Vann and it was my fave, and the boy doesnt die and they live happily ever after. I wont be reading anymore books by her, but she does write very well about the love n stuff. So, it was ok.
Danika
I saw this book in the library and i thought it would be a romantic story about teenage love but nope, it was really sad! and it made me cry! so if you're thinking of reading this book because it's a harmless romance book, don't, unless you're prepared to have your heartbroken.
Anna
I read this a while ages ago but i received it as a present for Christmas....it is unbelievably sad and left me sobbing! Its a good story of a first love though...just remember to have lots and lots and lots of tissues handy!
Lexie Romano
Sharon Pendleton
I loved every part of this book, just not the ending, It was completely bizarre and I'm still upset to how the Author killed Wolfie.
I could read this book more than once, it was short but wonderful.
Arshin
I absolutely love this book. I first read it when I was 14, and I've read it many times after that, and it can still always makes me cry. I love it <3
Linnéa
A really lovely and genuine teen novel on love, it did not turn out as I expected and it was a positive surprise! Loved this book :)
Alanahlovesbooks
This book made me cry because the ending was so sad and I wanted to read on and on but the book had ended.
Ashley (っ◕‿◕)っ
I loved her other books better, this one didn't quite catch my taste. Still, it was a wonderful read.
Alice Palmer
Chloe
Absolute guilty pleasure every single time.
Natalija
I love love love this book!
Adriana
Smutné, ale překrásné.
Sandra Moua
Sandra Moua marked it as to-read
Jul 21, 2014
  • The Opposite of Chocolate
  • Split by a Kiss
  • Running in Heels
  • The Princess in Me
  • Butterflies, Bullies and Bad Bad Habits (Ally's World, #3)
  • Love Lessons
  • Love at Second Sight
  • Rani And Sukh
  • Perfect Strangers (Love Letters, #1)
  • Monkey Taming