Start by marking “Give Me a Texas Outlaw” as Want to Read:
Give Me a Texas Outlaw

Give Me a Texas Outlaw

3.74  ·  Rating Details  ·  207 Ratings  ·  21 Reviews
Fearless and irresistible, outlaws are the original bad boys. Now New York Times bestselling author Jodi Thomas and Linda Broday, Phyliss Miranda, and DeWanna Pace offer up four sexy and romantic stories for women who love men who know how to pack heat…

If Cozette Camanez’s groom doesn’t show up for their wedding by dawn, she’ll lose her family ranch. Trouble is, the groom

Published (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Give Me a Texas Outlaw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give Me a Texas Outlaw

Laura the Highland Hussy
This was my first cowboy book, and I thought it might be fun to start with an anthology so I got several different tastes of my first cowboys (not like that you naughty readers!) One thing that I didn't realize is that this book is very sweet. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but with that sexy cover I didn't expect sweet.

3.5 flames- Starting with the first story The Outlaw, we have a young lady who tells some stories so big she needs the first available man to bail her out. She plans a w
Bookaholics
Jun 29, 2011 Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Give Me a Texas Outlaw by Jodi Thomas
Western Romance -July 5th, 2011
4 stars

The Outlaw - Jodi Thomas
Cozette Camanez lied about her fiancé - he does not exist. As her wedding day approaches, Cozette prays for a miracle. If her dying father discovers that she is pregnant and that there is no groom, there will be hell to pay. Then on the day of her wedding, a bandit breaks into her house. Desperate and with nothing left to lose, Cozette strikes a deal with Michael Hughes - marry her and she will giv
Hilcia
Aug 07, 2011 Hilcia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Give Me A Texas Outlaw anthology with Jodi Thomas, Linda Broday, Phyliss Miranda and DeWanna Pace is a book that was on my radar for a few reasons. First, hmmm.... cowboys! It's about cowboys, but not just any cowboys, it's outlaws finding their happily ever after. Everybody knows I love that combination!

In the first story, "The Outlaw" by Jodi Thomas, Cozette is in big trouble. After a man betrays her trust, she finds herself pregnant and lies to her dying father. Cozette's elaborate lies
Lisa Jo
Give Me A Texas Outlaw is a wild novel filled with fantastic stories! This anthology has plenty to offer for the western romance fan. Tough outlaws and fantastic love stories makes this book a must have!

The Outlaw by Jodi Thomas was an absolutely cute and charming story. This is Jodi Thomas doing what she does best! The couple featured in The Outlaw were lost souls, needing to find each other. Ms Thomas manages to execute a stunning story with an exciting premise in a few brief pages. The charac
April
Sep 10, 2011 April rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GIVE ME A TEXAS OUTLAW by Jodi Thomas,Linda Broday,Phyliss Miranda and Dewanna Pace is a collection of historical romances set in 1852,Big Bend Country,Texas,1878 South Texas,1889 Texas Panhandle,and 1888 Longhorn City, Texas West of Fort Worth. This an awesome collection with romance,love,outlaws,strong women,sexy men,suspense,kidnappers,passion,danger,bank jobber,and that also pack alot of heat. With female alleged bank robber,female outlaw,rescues abound,and secrets and passion what can four ...more
Sarina
The first story, The Outlaw by Jodi Thomas was really sweet and just... perfect for a short magical tale. 5 stars. :) I loved it!
The second story, Trouble in Petticoats by Linda Broday was kinda meh. 2.5 stars.
The third story, Texas Flame by Phyliss Miranda, well, I’m sorry to say, was lost on me. 1 star.
The last story, Most Wanted by Dewanna Pace was sweet and adventurous, even though the end was a bit anti-climactic. For the strong buildup and good plot, I give it 3.5 stars. :)

So, this book ge
Karen
Sep 02, 2015 Karen rated it liked it
Shelves: western-2015
Sweet novellas with a western theme
adrkhuntr Gold
Oct 18, 2015 adrkhuntr Gold rated it really liked it
The Outlaw Wins

This anthology was one of the best from this writing group. Loved every story!

No one was truly an outlaw, but then it wouldn't be that romantic with a bunch of killers and cold blooded people falling in love. Nice fun read.
Tammy Cole
Apr 21, 2016 Tammy Cole rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great short story book they each need to have a second book of their own
Elaine Mcdonald
I have read the first two stories in this book of short stories. Jodi Thomas was pretty good. One of my goodreads friends recommended her to me. Personally I like longer books, short stories just seem to be rushed. Jodi managed to pull it off ok. The second story not as well done. The H/h fell madly in love within 3 or 4 days.

The Outlaw by Jodi Thomas 3
Trouble in Petticoats by Linda Broday 2
Texas Flame by Phyliss Miranda 3
Most Wanted by DeWanna Pace 3.5
Luvmyfamily
Not much I can say other than "it was ok". I thought reading this book was going to be fun. 4 stories about Texas outlaws finding love. Instead it felt sort of mocking. They used words that were SO-TYPICALLY-TEXAS that I wasn't sure if they were trying to get you in the feel for the stories or were laughing everytime they typed the words.
Nancy
Mar 26, 2012 Nancy rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I had a very mixed reaction to each of the stories in this book. The authors' were so different and the stories so short, that it was hard to change focus so quickly. Ratings for each story:

The Outlaw by Jodi Thomas 4*
Trouble in Petticoats by Linda Broday 3*
Texas Flame by Phyliss Miranda 2*
Most Wanted by DeWanna Pace 3*
Tonya Lucas
Jan 06, 2014 Tonya Lucas rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book of short stories with a little danger and drama mixed in with romance. All 4 authors did an outstanding job!!
TJ
4.5/5.0

I can't believe I actually liked an anthology this much!

For a complete review, visit Affaire de Coeur magazine, hard copy or online at: http://affairedecoeur.com/ - July 2011 issue.
Rob
Not the best Cowboy stories I've ever read. I did enjoy "The Outlaw" by Jodi Thomas and would rate it a 3, the other three stories were just ok, a little too boring for my taste
Odessa Nance
Okay book. Jodi Thomas' story was very interesting and Linda Broday's story was a good read. The other two stories were not as interesting and did not hold my interest.
Lenore (Biblliolatry Me!)
Read April's review on this great anthology on our website!

Sandy
Oct 30, 2011 Sandy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed the story, a romantic western story was a welcomed changed.
Tonya Warner
Nov 09, 2011 Tonya Warner rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four short stories of love in the Old West, Texas style.
Beth
Jul 01, 2012 Beth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: summer-2012
Nice collection of short stories.
Ann Unger
Sep 07, 2011 Ann Unger rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it1
Everett
Everett rated it did not like it
Jul 05, 2016
carole lyons
carole lyons rated it really liked it
Jul 01, 2016
Carey
Carey marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Bren Gamboa
Bren Gamboa marked it as to-read
Jun 29, 2016
Kathy
Kathy rated it liked it
Jul 09, 2016
Kristin Wolke
Kristin Wolke marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2016
Danielle Mccoy
Danielle Mccoy rated it liked it
Jul 04, 2016
Vicky Lynn
Vicky Lynn marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Wed Under Western Skies: Abandoned \ Almost a Bride \ His Brother's Bride (Harlequin Historical, #799)
  • Leah and the Bounty Hunter (Men of Defiance, #3)
  • Chasing the Sun (Blood Rose, #3)
  • Western Winter Wedding Bells
  • Matthew (Circle Eight, #1)
  • Bodyguards in Bed
  • The True Love Wedding Dress (Includes Keegan-Paxton #2)
  • Shotgun Grooms
  • When Love Comes (Night Riders, #5)
  • Shotgun Wedding
  • Christmas Mail-Order Brides: Four Mail-Order Brides Travel the Transcontinental Railroad in Search of Love
  • Sunrise Over Texas
  • Holiday Hideout
20273
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...