Start by marking “1Q84 bok 1 & 2” as Want to Read:
1Q84 bok 1 & 2

1Q84 bok 1 & 2 (1Q84 #1-2)

4.06  ·  Rating Details ·  11,997 Ratings  ·  1,083 Reviews
Aomame sitter fast i kø på motorveien på vei til en viktig jobb. Etter råd fra sjåføren går hun ut av drosjen og ned en avlåst branntrapp. Snart begynner merkelige ting å skje. Og oppdraget hennes viser seg å være alt annet enn uskyldig.

Tengo jobber som mattelærer og drømmer om å bli forfatter. En redaktør ber ham omskrive en roman som er sendt inn til en konkurranse, og T
Published May 13th 2011 by Pax Forlag (first published May 29th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about 1Q84 bok 1 & 2, please sign up.

Elleh Rachelle If I were you I wouldn't think of skipping any pages, there is no repeats however the chapters are linked according to the three characters Aomame,…moreIf I were you I wouldn't think of skipping any pages, there is no repeats however the chapters are linked according to the three characters Aomame, Tengo and Ushikawa. So if you skip the pages or chapters, you might not get the actual story, however there are something that you can ignore like the parts or sections where the author has borrowed stories from others work, of course giving full credit.
This book is my best read I can say this year, unless another book wins me.☺☺☺(less)

Noce
Dec 29, 2011 Noce rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Attenzione: non c’è niente di evocativo in questa recensione.

Ebbè, cosa volete che vi dica: L’unica ragione per cui spero che Murakami scriva sempre meno, è che non so più cosa inventarmi nelle recensioni per farvi capire quanto è bravo.

Mi resta soltanto elencare i motivi per cui non lo posso tollerare.

Ad esempio: non lo tollero, perché ha uno stile Elementare. Mette tutti i pensierini in fila, e li trascrive secondo una logica che più sequenziale di così si muore. E riesce comunque a coinvolger
Sam Still Reading
Oct 02, 2011 Sam Still Reading rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Sam Still Reading by: ARC copy
I finished reading 1Q84 (surely the blockbuster novel of 2011) almost a week ago, but I wanted to collect my thoughts before I put fingers to keyboard. This is a novel (sounds trite, perhaps epic would be a better word) that remains with you for a long, long time after reading it. I’ve kept thinking about the story and how each event fits in the overall structure of the book, how clever and intricate the world created is and how I can picture in my head a world that doesn’t exist…or does it?

The
Shauna
Dec 11, 2011 Shauna rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Lovers of the female form
Shelves: japan-manga, sci-fi
1Q84 is not a good book. At all.

I cannot understand the hype surrounding this book. The storyline wasn't bad in itself but…1Q84 reads like the fantasy of a sad, balding (you'll understand) ageing man.

Leaving to one side Murakami's breast obsession-and, in fact, I don't think there's a single female character who's breasts I couldn't give you a detailed account of-it was the author's handling of female characters that truly bothered me.
Aomame, the female protagonist, an assassin who in her free
Tfitoby
Sep 10, 2012 Tfitoby rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“If you can't understand it without an explanation, you can't understand it with an explanation.”

An oft repeated phrase throughout the first two books of what has been described as Haruki Murakami's magnum opus by an overly enthusiastic reviewer desperate to get a quote on the cover of the book, and one that obviously works as a message to the reader confused by the lack of explanation for events throughout the novel.

Being only two thirds through the novel at this stage I cannot provide a full r
monz
Mar 04, 2011 monz rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: haruki-murakami
Murakami zu lesen, ist wie den besten Wein zu trinken. Zuerst musst du ihn atmen lassen (666). Es ist wie der Luftzug, der entsteht, wenn du schwunghaft den Buchdeckel öffnest.
Fühle den Geschmack. Auf deiner Zunge, mit der du Laute bildet und dann zu einem Wort zusammenfasst.

Danach trinkst du. So, wie der Wein dir langsam durch die Kehle rinnt, so werden dir seine Sätze durch jede kleinste Windung deines Gehirns fließen.
Am Ende wirst du völlig berauscht sein. Oder um es auf den Punkt zu bringen,
Emily
Sep 19, 2011 Emily rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm sad to report that I didn't so much love this book. I didn't hate it but felt gypped a bit, and I guess that comes from all the hoop-la. I am however proud that I can now boast that I can read a 900 page book. This also means I don't have an excuse not to finish up Ulysses. Nuts. Anywhoooo, I'm going to be direct and list what I didn't love:

1. TOO LONG. This might be a given, but after finishing all 900 pages I can safely say that he could have cut it by half. Did anything even happen in the
Vanessa
Jan 13, 2013 Vanessa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't really give this book a proper review seeing as I've only completed 2/3s of it so far - but I FEEL like I've climbed a mountain these past 3 weeks! Murakami's prose is spot on as usual, and the story itself is completely bizarre and intriguing - probably the most heavy magical realism I've read from him so far. I really enjoy the dual perspective, but I still have so many questions. I doubt (from what I've heard) that they'll be cleared up in the third volume but I'm still intrigued to r ...more
Virginia
Apr 01, 2012 Virginia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've been on the Murakami bandwagon since a friend introduced me to the Wind-Up Bird, but I am now officially getting off.

The core idea has so much potential, but it drowns - screaming - in a sea of inept, boring, repetitive language. I was literally scratching my head wondering how this book escaped a ruthless editing. There is no justification - other than author laziness and/or vanity - for this book to be so damn long. I was so surprised at the mediocrity of the prose that I kept wondering w
Satyrika
Nov 15, 2011 Satyrika rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finito ieri, mi è piaciuto molto e ora resto in attesa della terza parte.

Due cose ho trovato interessanti.

1°: il fatto di ritrovare alcuni meccanismi o atmosfere simili a quelle di La fine del mondo e il paese delle meraviglie.
Quel romanzo per ora è ancora il mio preferito (1Q84 comunque non è ancora terminato...). Mia sorella, che è psicologa, l'ha ampiamente utilizzato nella sua tesi di laurea, studiando l'archetipo dell'ombra dal punto di vista junghiano nell'opera di Murakami.
Beh, ho trovato
Margherita Vaiana
Il mio primo Murakami. Per iniziare ho scelto il suo romanzo più ambizioso. È un bel libro. Forse un po' ridondante, ma comunque molto incisivo.
Murakami ha la capacità di immergerci con delicatezza in quest'atmosfera rarefatta, ovattata e malinconica, di intorpidire progressivamente i sensi sotto una coltre vellutata, mentre seguiamo le sorti di personaggi legati da un filo sottilissimo e indissolubile. Gli elementi magici non sono mai invasivi, ma risultano appena accennati.
Tengo e Aomame sono
Carlos Bennett
"1Q84" es el título del último libro de Murakami; un juego de palabras con la pronunciación en japonés del número 9 (que, al parecer, se escribe y pronuncia igual a "Q"). El libro cuenta la historia, en capitulos alternos, de Aomame y Tengo. Aomame es una chica con un pasado problemático (hija rebelde de los miembros de una comunidad religiosa), que se dedica actuar como asesina al servicio de cierta gente, eliminando sólo a hombres abusivos que piensa que merecen morir. Tengo es un ex niño prod ...more
Tora
May 23, 2011 Tora rated it it was amazing
I finished 1Q84 - book 1 & 2 on Monday. Afterwards, I went running in the woods. I ran faster than I have in a while, and my thoughts went back and forth through my head, thinking of everything, anything and nothing at all. It then came to me, I was stuck in that world, Murakami's world. I was scared. I ran through the woods in the middle of the day, and felt scared. Figured the people I met could be anything. Like in Murakami's universe. And I thought that if I'd met a bear, I wouldn't have ...more
Anastasia
La via più breve (e immotivatamente bimbominkiosa?!):

Belliccimo!!!!!!1111oneone <3
Leggetelo.
Mi rakkomando.
LEGGETELO.
xoxo (Gossip Girl?)

La via più lunga:

Considerando il fatto che ho penato tutte le dodici fatiche ercoliane in una sola volta per procurarmi questo libro gratuitamente, direi che l'attraversare mari e monti (letteralmente) è stato adeguatamente ripagato.
Più che adeguatamente.
Ottimamente.
..meno male che l'ho letto.

Io me l'immagino l'ignaro lettore in libreria che guarda la copertin
Tim Barrable
Murakami, the master weaver of worlds, at his epic best! This is a stunning and complex story expertly woven by alternating the two main characters, Tengo and Aomame. This book defies categorisation. at once drama, thriller, epic and love story it is a literary masterpiece that enthralls the reader from beginning to end. Absolutely the best Murakami, in fact best book I have read for a long long time. Clearly the first two of three books, the end leaves everything hanging and demands you immedia ...more
La.Silbia
Ribadiamo l'ovvio, Murakami è nato per raccontare. La sua straordinaria abilità narrativa e descrittiva si trasforma fin dalle prime pagine in capacità di prendere il lettore, sollevarlo di peso e portarlo all'interno della scena. Murakami, insomma, è nato per dare a noi miseri lettori la possibilità di essere in due luoghi diversi.
Da questo punto di vista penso sinceramente che 1Q84 sia un romanzo incriticabile. Perfetto no, non è un termine che mi piace usare, ma sicuramente il risultato migli
Andrea Santucci
Recensione di una pregnanza culturale e simbolica tale da lasciare attoniti qui: http://ilsociopatico.wordpress.com/20...

Murakami ha un talento unico. Per prendere storie affascinanti con universi paralleli, lune sdoppiate e creature soprannaturali e trasformarle in un una zuppa di noia, pedanteria e turbe sessuali.

1Q84 è un libro scritto male e tradotto peggio, ripetitivo, di una lentezza esasperante, riempito all'inverosimile di scene superflue e di continue digressioni che annacquano una sto
Katri
Oct 08, 2014 Katri rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Pitkäksi venytetyn 1Q84:n kaksi ensimmäistä osaa osoittivat jälleen, miten vaihtelevasti Murakamin teoksista pidän. Vaikka tarina oli kiinnostava ja koukuttava, niin kirjan lukeminen alkoi loppua kohden jo ärsyttää!

Eniten ärsyttivät nämä jutut:

1. Toisto - voi olla paikoitellen tarpeen näin pitkässä kirjassa, mutta ilman turhaa toistoa kirjasta olisi saanut karsittua paljon pois. Lukijan muistiin voisi luottaa vähän enemmän.
2. Puhki selittäminen. Lukijan älyyn voisi luottaa vähän enemmän.
3. Seksi
Susan
Oct 30, 2011 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
1Q84 weighs a couple of pounds and has 944 pages in the hardback edition, but the length and poundage are as nothing compared to its looney gravitational pull. Murakami draws us into a world with two moons, a world that may contain respect but is without overt expressions of love. I suspect that Murakami exerts such a strong pull in the original through his strange prose and use of physical details. Even in English, the style is simple and pictorial, like that of a graphic novel where each actio ...more
Diletta
May 24, 2013 Diletta rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
RILETTURA
Hoo-hoo.

PRIMA LETTURA, 13.06.2013
Meraviglioso. È un aggettivo che uso spesso, lo ammetto, ma quezto libro è veramente meraviglioso. Ci sono quei libri che effettivamente poi mi fanno pensare "ma è meraviglioso!", ma poi mi rendo conto che è meraviglioso ma non così incisivo. Questo invece mi ha totalmente sopraffatta. So che molti hanno criticato la terza parte, ma io sono pronta ad andare avanti, ad accettare anche la caduta, perché questo merita tutto quello che può meritarsi. Ormai c
Claudia-Il giro del mondo attraverso i libri
Quando inizi a leggere un romanzo – o un racconto – di Murakami devi accettare sin da subito che stai per leggere qualcosa che sfugge alla realtà. È come una clausola di un contratto: sì, leggimi, ti dice il libro, però ricorda che tutto ciò che leggerai sarà onirico, surreale, strano.
Onirico. Surreale. Strano.
Certo, come posso definire altrimenti il genere dei romanzi che scrive Murakami? Ecco, non lo so. Non è un giallo – ma c’è un killer in gonnella! Eh, ho capito, ma NON è un giallo.
Non è un
dely
Come sempre Murakami ha l'abilità di portarci in una realtà parallela misteriosa e magica. Il passaggio è graduale e anche gli avvenimenti più surreali diventano credibili. Ci sono molte domande che rimangono senza risposta ma questo non è importante; la cosa importante è lasciarsi trasportare dalla narrazione come se fosse un fiume che scorre calmo e nel frattempo assistere a ciò che ci succede intorno.

La storia di Tengo e Aomame dovrebbe aiutare, secondo Curarsi con i libri: Rimedi letterari p
Ger
Oscar
El libro me ha gustado, pero no ha llegado a entusiasmarme como anteriores obras de Murakami. Aunque se trate de una historia compleja y que engancha desde el primer momento, echo en falta a un Murakami más oscuro y menos sentimental. En realidad creo que se trata de una buena novela pero mediocre dentro de su bibliografía. Y que hayan cambiado de traductor tampoco ayuda, ya que la prosa que lograba Lourdes Porta era excepcional, más envolvente e hipnótica que la del actual traductor.

Los protago
Ignacio Senao f
Aug 09, 2016 Ignacio Senao f rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Siempre tengo esa sensación de leer a un genio con Murakami: leer por el placer de leer, aunque la historia aparentemente no me diga nada. Encontrar esto es oro.
Seguimos la vida paralela de un matemático con ansia de escritor y una fisio con economía sumergida gracias a quitar vidas pareciendo que ha sido un infarto. Nos narra un mundo onírico, donde sucede cosas que no deben ser reales pero ellos creen y nosotros también, es una sutiliza fantástica la mano de Haruki.
En las historias pasaran po
Petra
Sep 02, 2011 Petra rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: floor-joists
This is a really enjoyable book. It's dreamy, easy to read yet substantial in scope, mysterious, different and intriguing. The characters and their roles will mystify and interest you. They circle around each other yet don't touch, alike yet different, the same yet opposites. Murakami spins their story flawlessly.
At the end, it's still mysterious but also satisfying.
This won't be the last of Murakami's books that I read.
Amena
Nov 10, 2015 Amena rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book 3 has been ordered and is on its way!
Fil
"SURREALE MA BELLO!"
Quale film sto citando?

Ho iniziato la recensione con una domanda. Non è un caso. Questo è un libro con molte domande. Ho scelto come titolo una citazione di una commedia romantica.
L'avete riconosciuta? Viene pronunciata dal proprietario di una libreria. Non vi dirò subito la risposta, ma, a differenza di Murakami, vi prometto che fra poche righe ve la dirò.

Dopo aver terminato il libro ho avuto solo due risposte. 1) L'obiettivo di Murakami è scrivere un capolavoro. 2) Questo
Khris Sellin
I'm not sure where to begin with this review. HUGE disappointment. And that's an understatement. The biggest mystery is how/why I actually read all 925 painful pages.

The story is set in 1984 (but yet sometimes in 1Q84 - not even worth explaining) in Tokyo. I guess the backdrop to it all is that, 20 years earlier, at 10 years old, Tengo and Aomame were schoolmates and they fell in love without ever actually speaking to each other. And circumstances beyond their control separate them soon after an
Gabriele
May 26, 2012 Gabriele rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caro il mio Murakami...

Se avessi dovuto dare un voto a questo libro dopo le prime 250/300 pagine (poco prima della fine del primo libro per intenderci), sarebbe stato un bel 2.5/5, caro il mio Murakami.

Perché questo 1Q84 non è lento, di più. Non è ripetitivo, peggio. 300 pagine solo per farci conoscere i personaggi, qualcosa delle loro azioni e pensieri, e per il resto ripetere le stesse situazioni, finanche con le stesse parole e le stesse espressioni? Eh no, caro il mio Murakami, qui si sfiora
Alicia
Sep 19, 2011 Alicia rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Based on the rave reviews, I was very eager to read this book. Many people agreed that the multi-layered plot was brilliant - they couldn't put it down and when they finally finished, the story stayed with them. An amazing story and one that lasts for more than 900 pages? That's every bookworm's dream! A rare gem to be treasured! Unfortunately, I found 1Q84 to be more like a piece of coal - it had the potential to become something beautiful but remained...blah.

For those of you Goodreads-ers who
Der "Erwachsenen-...: * Abschnitte und Teilnehmer 24 29 Oct 24, 2016 02:29AM
  • Botchan
  • Storia di Genji. Il principe splendente
  • Solea
  • Paprika
Haruki Murakami (Japanese: 村上 春樹) is a popular contemporary Japanese writer and translator. His work has been described as 'easily accessible, yet profoundly complex'. He can be located on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/harukimuraka...

Since childhood, Murakami has been heavily influenced by Western culture, particularly Western music and literature. He grew up reading a range of works by Am
More about Haruki Murakami...

1Q84 (3 books)
  • 1Q84 BOOK 1 (1Q84, #1)
  • 1Q84 BOOK 2 (1Q84, #2)
  • 1Q84 BOOK 3 (1Q84, #3)

“You can't go anywhere if you just resign yourself to being attacked. A state of chronic powerlessness eats away at a person.” 11 likes
“But if you peeled away the ornamental egos that she had built, there was only an abyss of nothingness and the intense thirst that came with it.” 10 likes