Start by marking “Taken by Surprise” as Want to Read:
Taken by Surprise

Taken by Surprise

3.54 of 5 stars 3.54  ·  rating details  ·  134 ratings  ·  11 reviews
Snow is falling around the Aspen cabin that Leigh Insley never has time to visit. As winter gathers closer she wonders if it might finally be time to sell her getaway retreat. It’s only a few hours from Denver, true, but her career as a corporate lawyer has left her little time to enjoy it, and the years have ticked by, almost unnoticed.

Snow and ice are part of Margo Tosch
Published November 8th 2011 by Bella Books (first published October 18th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Taken by Surprise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Taken by Surprise

Victoria
Would have been a great book if not for the way she ends it, like all the books I've read by Ms. White.
Alberta
I chose this book since it is a finalist for an award and I liked the setting. The story sounded promising so I expected to read a good romance set in Aspen. However, I had major problems with the characters. I just did not like them'at all. Margo is introduced as a woman that smells and feels comfortable in garbage (old food on the floor) and Leigh, the lawyer, is just plain rude and seemed completely fake. She is supposed to be this tough business woman but before you know it, she behaves like ...more
Kennedy
Leigh and Margo, very difference people yet in my opinion, they have one thing in common, passion. Leigh, work and Margo, Lindsey. My main focus was on Margo and her care and love of Lindsey. My secondary focus, the blooming relationship between Leigh and Margo. The one-sided love making was disappointing because both women had physical needs.
Alida
What prevented me from giving it more stars was the fact that Margo's character development was quite weak. We discover that Margo has feelings for Leigh somewhere in the middle of the book in just one sentence?! That's just weak sauce.
Rashika Deo
slow moving with slam in love. nice read. did not understand some character s. but a really good read
Alena
As all Kenna White books I've read so far it comes with an abrupt, unsatisfying ending, but otherwise a lovely story.
Cidney
Upper class 48 year old curmudgeon femme lawyer meets middle aged flannel-clad mountain woman butch with a trucker's stench while in Aspen selling her cabin out there. This manly woman isn't good enough to lick Leigh's $300 dollar boots, yet over the course of the story she stops behaving like a crotchety old bat.

Not very likeable characters. Sex is mild (and one-sided)... sexiness, nonexistent. Nice setting, but this story isn't my cup of tea, folks. Sorry. This writer can actually write... but
Lira
I liked it. I'm glad I didn't let other reviews disuade me. One thing I can say is I thought some of the characters were pointless filler and I could have done without. I enjoyed the main characters and I could see this happening any time. Sometimes love just hits you when you least expect it with the most unlikely person. Sweet ending.
Tamara
I know she didn't have many pages to create a believable romance...can these lesbian romance books get any thinnner?...but this book illustrates the U-Haul relationship perfectly. One date, one rousing bout of sex and they're in love. Amazing. At least it was a quick read.
Melissa
Definitely not the best book I have ever read. The story line had potential, but I felt that it never quite got there. The two leads were at times unlikeable and seemed unreachable emotionally. That was hard to connect too. An okay read for sure.
Nolly  Sepulveda
I enjoyed the book, and the characters only wish it was longer.
J
J added it
Aug 22, 2015
Spooky
Spooky marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2015
Angela Rash
Angela Rash marked it as to-read
May 18, 2015
Carola
Carola is currently reading it
Apr 20, 2015
  • Fierce Overture
  • Flight Risk
  • It Should Be a Crime
  • Snowbound
Kenna White lives in a small town nestled in Southern Missouri where she enjoys writing, making doll house miniatures, and life's simpler pleasures. She loves to travel and Kenna's novels often reflect places she has visited. After living from the Rocky Mountains to New England, she is once again back where faded jeans, bare feet and lazy streams fill her life. (from the author's website)
More about Kenna White...
Skin Deep Romancing the Zone Beneath the Willow Braggin’ Rights Shared Winds