Start by marking “Deconstruction” as Want to Read:
Deconstruction

Deconstruction

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  35 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Escort Tomas and homicide detective Vic have been together three years and expect many more--until Vic's case, a string of hustler murders, hits too close to home. While Vic grows more tense and distant, Tomas finds himself increasingly tangled in the erotic games of a client, Jon, who plays on Tomas's most secret needs. When the killer strikes at the club where Tomas work ...more
Kindle Edition
Published (first published May 20th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Deconstruction, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deconstruction

Edina Rose
This book is unique.

It looks into the relationships issues someone who lives with an escort can have. It is also a mystery, but the focus is on the relationship between Vic, a cop, and Tomas, a dancer & escort.

Tomas and Vic have been together for three year, and so far, Vic has never complained about his job or asked him to change job. In fact, Tomas job brings some spice to their sex as Vic sometimes likes when Tomas tell him about what he did with his clients.

But recently, Vic has been w
Elizabetta

Is it hot in here? The sex in this story is steamy and seamy, dark and dirty… thick on the page… there is a lot of it. But it’s also integral to the plot. It defines what Tomas is all about. He’s a walking Id; he wants sex more than anything else and for some reason, his live-in lover, Vic, who he proclaims to love, is not enough.

Tomas, tall, blond and ripped, is a popular stripper/exotic dancer and hustles on the side. It’s a dangerous way to make a living, not only because someone is targetin
LenaLena
This one had a lot of potential but left me feeling unsatisfied. The setting is great: dark, sleazy and gritty, but it just wasn't enough. Here are a few things that would have made it better for me:

a) If Jon had not been such a total asshole. Not only towards Tomas but also towards Vic and everybody else. Total dickwads who don't know when to keep their mouth shut are simply there for the reader to hate, not because they are interesting characters. He'd have been more threatening as an evil cha
Feliz
A smoothly written book about a stripper/ escort and his homicide cop boyfriend, caught between their mutual speechlessness. There was a solid background mystery about a serial hustler killer which posed a realistic threat and kindling for Vic's fears. And I hated Jon with a vengeance, may his dick fall off with rot!
I came to care deeply for Tomas and Vic, cheering for them to get back together. The end was somewhat open, but hopeful.

Wyndslash
Jun 13, 2011 Wyndslash rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Wyndslash by: Merry
Yes, I did turn out liking this alot. I also didn't sleep until I finish this, and am glad that it was short, otherwise I may probably not have slept the whole night.

I like that the author was able to make me feel almost how Tomas felt. At first, the sex between he and Jon were hot, until they disintegrated into something dark and gritty, and I felt disgusted, just how Tomas did.

I'm happy it had an HEA, though ;)
Mely
Novella about the relationship complications between Tomas, a stripper/part-time hooker, and Vic, a cop; they've been together three years and are beginning to feel unhappy for reasons neither of them can articulate. Vic is especially worried about Tomas now that a serial killer has begun targeting local male prostitutes, and especially frustrated that one of Tomas' regular clients is a dirty cop from Vic's own district. (Tomas tells Vic anything he asks about clients, except for names, contact ...more
Violetta Vane
After reading Kit Zheng's smoking hot free story, "Wish Fulfillment," I had to check out her novel Deconstruction, since it follows the same pair. Deconstruction finds Tomas and Vic in an established relationship, but their jobs are beginning to drive them apart. Tomas is a stripper and an escort; Vic is a police detective.

I loved the physicality of this book. There's a lot of sex, and the writer describes bodies, textures, sensations and emotions in vivid detail. The style is incredibly smooth
John Fuller
I'll say straight away that this isn't my usual type of read - I became a fan of Kit Zheng's writing through their historical/fantasy/speculative work, but I'm willing to give anything they write a go.

I'm glad that I gave this book a chance. As always, Zheng's tight, deceptively simple writing style and believable characterisations carry the narrative effortlessly. Even though it's mainly about the complicated (some may say dysfunctional) relationship between the main protagonists, the overarcin
Vick
A prostitute in a 3 year relationship with a cop. And they love each other.

SUUUURRREEEEEE.

I mean how the hell was Tomas functioning in society with half a fucking braincell? Oh wait, he was a walking semen receptacle. They could have put a trash can in clothes and it would have served the same purpose as he did in this story.

I wanted to vomit to clear my head of this.

Chris
3.5 stars. Good kinky m/m mystery about a stripper who lives with his cop boyfriend and turns tricks on the side to help make the mortgage. But things aren't going the greatest for them right now as secrets build up between them...
Hellen
I don't know how I could read something so far up my alley, but somehow I liked it. I think the prose had something to do with it. Not for the sensitive ones, though.
Tamela
I'm hoping this book is the start of a series as the characters are fascinating and complex and the storyline is interesting. I want to read more about Tomas and Vic. Recommended
Merry
Some sections of this book were painfully hard to read, but I loved it nonetheless. Not for the faint of heart.
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Betryal
Betryal marked it as to-read
Oct 16, 2014
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
SheReadsALot
SheReadsALot marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Al
Al marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Amy Spector
Amy Spector marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Lapsa
Lapsa marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2014
Dre
Dre marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014