Start by marking “Alicja w Krainie Czarów” as Want to Read:
Alicja w Krainie Czarów

Read Book* *Different edition

Alicja w Krainie Czarów (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1)

4.02  ·  Rating Details ·  397,514 Ratings  ·  9,231 Reviews
(English: below)

(Polish) Alicja, odpoczywając w ogrodzie, widzi nagle przebiegającego Białego Królika, który nie tylko mówi ludzkim głosem, ale i zerka na zegarek! Podążając za królikiem, wpada do głębokiej nory, na dnie której... - co było dalej? Jakie niezwykłe przygody spotkały Alicję w tym zaczarowanym świecie? Kim jest pan Gąsienica, Kapelusznik i Żółwiciel? Przeczyta
Hardcover, Large, 48 pages
Published 2005 by Wydawnictwo Zielona Sowa (first published 1865)

To ask other readers questions about Alicja w Krainie Czarów, please sign up.

Cynda See www.gutenberg.org. They collect the text of books that are in the public domain. Also I searched "free online annotated alice in wonderland". I…moreSee www.gutenberg.org. They collect the text of books that are in the public domain. Also I searched "free online annotated alice in wonderland". I found a pdf file, downloaded it, and will remove it when I finish the other part of the text: -Through the Looking Glass-. This works with almost any book in the public domain. You can search to see what the criteria is for a book being in the public domain.
Good luck,(less)
Abigail Basaraba Unfortunately, you can't read on goodreads :(. However an app like that with free books would be nice, there's still ibooks if you're willing to pay.…moreUnfortunately, you can't read on goodreads :(. However an app like that with free books would be nice, there's still ibooks if you're willing to pay. (less)

Manny
"Good gracious!" said Alice, "I do believe I'm inside a review!"

She turned to the Hatter and the March Hare.

"Well, let me see. Here is the title, and here is the date I read it. That must be today. Now I need to explain the plot and the overall point."

"There is no plot," said the March Hare disagreeably.

"And there is no point," agreed the Hatter.

He poured a little hot tea on the Dormouse's nose, making it wake with a start.

"The book breaks new ground," it said rapidly in a high, sing-song voi
J.G. Keely
I think that the failure not only of Children's Literature as a whole, but of our very concept of children and the child's mind is that we think it a crime to challenge and confront that mind. Children are first protected from their culture--kept remote and safe--and then they are thrust incongruously into a world that they have been told is unsafe and unsavory; and we expected them not to blanch.

It has been my policy that the best literature for children is not a trifling thing, not a simplific
Huda Yahya

I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then!

انس كل ما تعرفه عن الأفلام أو الكارتون

أعطتهم أملا عظيما في تحقيق أكثر أحلامهم جنونا

وظلت لأكثر من مائة سنة متعة لكل قارئ إنجليزية
ومصدر بهجة لأطفال لا حصر لعددهم

:::::::::::::

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Now, here, you see, it takes al
Hailey (HaileyInBookland)
*Reread January 2016*
Read for the school this time and I read the Puffin In Bloom edition. I loved the new illustrations!
Patty
Jul 13, 2007 Patty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Well, if you really love this book, please do not read on! I really did not enjoy the book, and I'm a little surprised that it's considered a classic. The one thing I did enjoy was that there were many imaginative scenes - all of the different places that she went, like the tea party, the garden, etc. But, the characters were drawn very poorly - they were simply drawn, and most were just annoying (even Alice!). Most of the characters in the great "wonderland" were either cruel, mean or contrary ...more
Luffy
Feb 16, 2017 Luffy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
To purge myself from the impact of a controversial book that I read recently - All the Ugly and Wonderful Things - I tried to go back in time and read something for fun. I'm glad to say the experiment was successful as the reading experience was stellar to a T. In fact something happened that didn't happen ever before.

What happened was that I enjoyed this book's poetry for once. It was a nonsensical poem but very funny.

Alice folded her hands, and began:—
“You are old, Father William,” the young m
Bangadybangz
I can't believe I haven't picked up this book until now. I watched the animated film a million times as a kid, and I've seen the Tim Burton movie, but reading the original story was such a delightful experience! WHIMSY TO THE MAX. I know it's supposed to be basically a nonsensical story (and opium-fueled apparently) but I think there's actually a lot of wisdom to be taken from it. People take life too seriously sometimes. A little nonsense now and then does the body good (where have I heard that ...more
Mohammed Arabey
Feb 08, 2017 Mohammed Arabey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
أليس يا فتاة بعُمرِ الزهورِ ، تطيرُ أحلامُها كالطيورِ

'وقد حكي السيد تشارلز دودجسون "لويس كارل" تلك الحكاية بناء علي طلب أبنة صديقه 'أليس ليديل

لأرضِ الجمالِ وأرض الغرائب ، ودنيا الخيالِ بلاد العجائب

ثم كتبها، كعالم سحري ارتجالي ، لا منطقي ولامعقول...لكنه ملئ بالرموز والنقد والسخرية

أليس يا فتاة تحبُ الجميع ، ونورَ الحياةِ وزهر الربيع

ليصير جزء من طفولة كل اطفال العالم طوال 152 عاما ومازال مستمرا

خذينا وطيري .. لدنيا الأثيرِ ، إلى رحلةٍ حلوةٍ ممتعة

وربما يتذكر جيل الثمانينات ذلك الكارتون الياباني ا
Petra Eggs
This book makes perfect sense if you had a misspent youth and went in for psychedelic substances. Just as Lewis Carroll undoubtedly did. Well he certainly liked opium.

If you ever tripped out getting bigger and smaller, things that half disappear in the air and inanimate objects suddenly coming to life were part of the fun of the trip.

Lewis Carroll wrote Alice as a children's fantasy, but I believe he and his friends must have had a quiet smile at no one guessing the source of his inspiration. O
James
Having just finished Alice in Wonderland, the first thing that occurs to me is that I wish I had read it years ago. I've known the story of Alice for years thanks to Disney and the Mad Hatter on Batman, but for some reason I didn't get around to reading this as a child. While I expected to like it, I never realized what a joy this book would be.

Carroll was a logician, so it should come as no surprise that he uses his expertise in that field to create many hilarious logical fallacies. But what i
Evelyn (devours and digests words)
Go home, Alice. You're drunk.
✘✘ Sarah ✘✘ (former Nefarious Breeder of Murderous Crustaceans)
And, just like that, I am 8 years old again. And life is perfect. And all is happiness. There are no blood-thirsty, murderous crustaceans. No nefarious cynic to breed them. And no sarcastic bitch weather, either. Just pure, beautiful, magical bliss.

Thank you, Lewis Carroll, for creating the mostest awesomest delirious bunch of nutcases on acid ever.

[October 14, 2016]

Because I need a shrimping break from all the crap I'm currently trying to read reading.

Because if I don't take a shrimping break f
Mario
Dec 24, 2015 Mario rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

First of all, this was my 200th read book this year, so YAY for me!

Second of all, even though I've watched countless adaptations of Alice, it was completely new experience to read this book (well, listen actually). If you haven't already read this book, I suggest listening to Storynory's audiobook. The narrator did an amazing job, and she really brought all those characters to life.
Aug 13, 2011 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book was curious and curiouser and I just don't get it. So while I admit that the Alice in Wonderland movie doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either, it pales in comparison to this coked out misadventure. I've read that it is entirely unfounded speculation that the author was on drugs when he wrote this, although if I were him I would tell people I was on drugs rather than have them believe this was the work of my sober thought process. Half the time I didn't understand anything the ...more
Josu
Jan 10, 2017 Josu rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-1-enero
Hay momentos que se me han hecho un poco más cuesta arriba, pero en general me ha gustado. He disfrutado del vibrante estilo de Lewis Carroll y de si disparatada historia.

Tenía muchas ganas de por fin leer Alicia en el País de las Maravillas, ¿y de qué mejor forma que con una edición increíble? No solo por la portada, sino por las ilustraciones tan bonitas que hay en su interior. Es un estilo algo recargado, pero elegante, y encajan perfectamente con la novela.

Realmente no entiendo la intención
Moraes the Bookworm

"Where is the wonder where's the awe
Where's dear Alice knocking on the door
Where's the trapdoor that takes me there
Where the real is shattered
by a Mad Marsh Hare"
Nightwish

I had been wanting to read this book for a very long time by the time I picked it up, for different reasons. Besides it being a classic, to this day I am keeping myself from watching the movie - the one with Johnny Depp - because I wanted to read the book first. This is a hard book to rate. Honestly, most of it is quite si
Manny
I couldn't resist this translation of Alice in Wonderland when I saw it going for one euro at a second-hand bokstall in Berlin, and I had to read it as soon as we got home. I'm sure it's helped improve my German; it's also introduced me to the fascinating world of Carroll translation studies. I had vaguely been aware that the subject existed, but I knew next to nothing about it. I'm still only scratching the surface, but at least I'm a little better informed.

The introduction to my French edition
Zoë
Jan 12, 2015 Zoë rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
I really enjoyed the beginning of the novel, but soon this whimsicality just grew too much for me. I didn't really understand what was happening at the trial and pretty much gave up trying to understand. Honestly, I think this is one of those rare instances where the movie is better than the book! This is a short book, though, so if you have a few hours to spare and want to read a classic, I'd recommend!
Nayra.Hassan
Jan 28, 2017 Nayra.Hassan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
هي خاطبت الطفل الكامن في كل منا..فتدحرجنا معها في الحفرة..بعد ان تضاءل حجمنا..و تتبعنا الارنب..لننبهر كلنا بأرض العجائب. ..حيث تعبر اليس من عالم الطفولة لعالم النضج..و ينبعث وعيها من تحت الارض..
نتعلم معها إننا يجب ان نخضع القواعد على ان ننفذها بوعي و رحمة

لويس كارول هو الاسم المستعار لأستاذ جامعى للرياضيات. .لذا لم تمر روايته مرور الكرام كعمل الأطفال
..فالرمز و الطبقات المتعددة هى ما يميز رحلة اليس. .فالمغامرات مسلية الكبير و الصغير. ..الشخصيات رمزية ..كلامها فلسفي ذو وجهين
بالطبع الارنب هو المرشد
PorshaJo
I read this book last year and love the book. I have also seen many movie and cartoon versions of the story. But, I have yet to listen to the audio version. I wanted a very quick light hearted read and happened upon the audio version narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds. He does an amazing job narrating this wonderfully imaginative story by Lewis Carroll. He does voices for all the crazy characters and he just brought everything to life in a big, bold way. If you know the story, I suggest you try the ...more
Rebecca McNutt
I'll honestly never understand why so many people associate this book with gothic, dark things or with mental illnesses. I suppose that American McGee videogame helped out with that, and Go Ask Alice, and Alice in the Resident Evil franchise... anyway, this was just a very odd children's story. It's about a little girl who's sort of bratty and impatient, but she hates her sister's boring book lectures and wants to be in a place where exciting, new and vibrant things happen every day. Well, she g ...more
Irena
Nov 28, 2015 Irena rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-reads
description

I think it was a good choice for me to reread one of my favorite childhood stories before I read the one I really wanted to: Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There.

When I was a little girl I LOVED the Disney movie and, since this book has some different aspects, it is no wonder I find the movie to be better.
However, it was still a really enjoyable ride everytime I read it.

description
Everlasting quotes are the reason this book is classic, and I love them all!

description
I have always wondered what inspir
Jonathan

Whenever I have something to write for university, for personal entertainment or as a review I always start at a basic idea. A single question or thought that I can grow my writing from organically. Sometimes it could be a question such as 'what if Mondays became Tuesdays?' My answer, we'd want Tuesdays to become Wednesdays and so on until we had nothing left but Sundays. In this case as I come back and write this review of a book read years ago my question is: Is Alice in Wonderland really a ch
Manny
For the Celebrity Death Match Review Tournament, The Annotated Alice (6) versus The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (27)

"Let us hear the evidence!" said the King. The White Rabbit opened the letter and began reading aloud:
The Knave of Hearts, he killed some tarts
And kept them in his cellar...
"Stuff and nonsense!" interrupted Alice loudly. "That's not how it goes at all!"

"Silence in court!" said the King. "And you, young lady, will go and sleep with Mikael Blomkvist right now!"

"I shan't!" said Ali
April (Aprilius Maximus)
what in the world............? :|
Emily May
I'm still not sure whether I think Lewis Carroll created a fantastic piece of fantasy or a great big pile of nonsense. I suspect it's a combination of the two. I like some of Alice's adventures - really, how could I not? - but Wonderland was always leaning a bit towards the negative side of bizarre for me.
Nikoleta
Mar 03, 2016 Nikoleta rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics
Η αναγνωστική μου εμπειρία με το βιβλίο «η Αλίκη στην χώρα των θαυμάτων» ήταν άκρως υπερρεαλιστική. Ήταν λες και παρακολουθούσα ένα όνειρό μου, με την λογική ενός ξύπνιου ατόμου. Δεν είναι μόνο η πλοκή, δεν είναι μόνο τα άξαφνα τρελά συμβάντα, αλλά και ότι η Αλίκη τα βιώνει έχοντας την συμπεριφορά που έχει κανείς όταν ονειρεύεται. H απάθεια της όταν συναντά έναν κούνελο με γιλέκο που μιλά, η ο μονόλογος της «(…) εγώ ήμουν αυτή που σηκώθηκα σήμερα το πρωί; Θαρρώ, θυμάμαι πως ένιωσα κομμάτι αλλιώτ ...more
Magrat Ajostiernos
Jan 30, 2017 Magrat Ajostiernos rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasía, 2017
Leer una historia que te sabes de memoria gracias a las adaptaciones y reinterpretaciones, pero que en realidad es mucho mejor de lo que imaginas o recuerdas.
****Locura y surrealismo nivel 3000.
Jean
Delightfully sumptuous and printed on heavy quality paper, the pages edged with gilt and the whole bound in cloth, this is a little treasure of a book. It is tiny, at about 13cm tall being even smaller than the "miniature" edition published in 1908. Lewis Carroll himself wrote this version of his famous story, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland so that it would be accessible to the smallest children or "very little folks", as he termed them, and the book's design is perfect to appeal both to littl ...more
madamereadsalot
Sep 26, 2015 madamereadsalot rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Actually I don't want to rate this, since it is a classic with a lot of meaning for me, alongside with Peter Pan...

As you may know, I am to be considered a grownup at almost 27. But I am only partially. I will probably always have that part in me, that makes me think 'I'm a little mad' or 'I don't want to grow up.'
And book s like 'Alice in Wonderland', although it is about a little girl and not a grownup woman, have a deep connection with me. They make me feel that not only it is ok, to have a
  • The Wind in the Willows
  • The House at Pooh Corner (Winnie-the-Pooh, #2)
  • Moominpappa at Sea (The Moomins, #8)
  • The Marvelous Land of Oz (Oz, #2)
  • The Adventures of Pippi Longstocking
  • The Jungle Books
  • البنت والأسد
  • Pinocchio
  • Nutcracker
  • Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins, #2)
  • The Iron Man
  • Danny the Champion of the World
  • The Happy Prince and Other Tales
  • The Magic Faraway Tree (The Faraway Tree, #2)
  • The Adventures of Reddy Fox
  • Adventures of the Little Wooden Horse
  • The Archidamian War
  • Five Children and It (Five Children, #1)
The Reverend Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, better known by the pen name Lewis Carroll, was an English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican clergyman and photographer.

His most famous writings are Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass as well as the poems "The Hunting of the Snark" and "Jabberwocky", all considered to be within the genre of literary nonsense.

Oxfo
More about Lewis Carroll...

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (2 books)
  • Through the Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, #2)

“It’s no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.” 14748 likes
“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”
5415 likes