Start by marking “Forever Is Over” as Want to Read:
Forever Is Over

Forever Is Over

4.1 of 5 stars 4.10  ·  rating details  ·  190 ratings  ·  52 reviews
"Forever Is Over" is an equilateral love triangle focusing on life, love and precious time.

Richie Billingham, a married father of two in his early thirties, is attending a party held in his honour and organised by his wife, Jemma. He has terminal cancer.

Through the eyes of several characters, we are taken back through the lives of Richie and Jemma.

Richie is from a large mi...more
Published March 24th 2011 by Authorhouse (first published March 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Forever Is Over, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forever Is Over

Gail
This is a magnificent book. Roller coaster of emotions but I can honestly say this is one of the best books I have ever read. I cried so much at the end, partly because it was a very emotional ending but also because the wonderful Richie Billingham and Miss Jemma Watkinson are no longer in my life. I read this 600 page book within 3 days as I literally couldn't put it down. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. 5 stars is not enough.
Jane L.
Wow, where do I start?
I thought I knew a thing or two about writing, but Calvin Wades sensational book makes me look like a complete novice.
I don't usually "do" love stories, but this one intrigued me, so I thought I'd take a look. I'm so happy I did, I read books all the time, but I was totally gripped by this story, I kept carrying the book around with me in order to read a bit at every given opportunity!
It's not just a love story, if you were ever a teenager (and I suspect you were once) and...more
Splage
Mar 12, 2012 Splage marked it as dnf
Big potential with story, but started so sad- so I am going to halt 1/2 way through. (Although I did cheat and read the last chapter and it is a big time sobber) The story is based in England and I really struggled with all the inside jokes and slang. Every chapter was from different characters point of view, therefore it jumped around a lot on the timeline.

I think if I read this when I was in a different mood I might have been able to finish, but it was sort of depressing knowing the ending in...more
Rick Blanks

A brilliantly written story. The author’s frequent use of analogies were both clever and helpful in bringing the reader closer to the subject he was conveying. I found it most comforting in the fact that like Calvin, I share a passion for sports, particularly English football, and popular music, in which he refers to both disciplines on several occasions. Also, I am of the romantic persuasion and this love story certainly tugs at the heartstrings. In British speak, it ticks all the right boxes!...more
Glen Downie
Brilliant! Loved reading a book from my obscure home town of Ormskirk! Characters were warm and familiar, one of my fave reads of 2012. Dont read in public, this book does cause emotional distress!!!
Vanessa
Fantastic read..can't wait for his next book..!!
Jenny
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The constant change of character perspective makes the book a very good read and at times I couldn't put it down as I was desperate to know what happened next. The book, apart from being funny and exciting, does have a more serious side to it; cancer and its effects on the lives of the sufferer and their family. This element of the story made the book even more touching and likable as, behind the slightly far fetched story lines of the various characters and the f...more
Sheryl
Teenage angst, murder, sibling rivalry, terminal cancer ... the story line had real potential, but the execution was dreadful. There are some glimmers of capturing real emotion, but ultimately, all the characters showed little dimension, and in truth the book read like it was written by an adolescent. Not only does the writing need a lot of work, but it seemed clear that no editing was done at all. In fact, I was rather convinced at first that the proliferation of exclamation points was a litera...more
Bookworm
When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue, but it been such a roller coaster of a ride. At times I laughed out loud at Richie, and Kelly's antics. Then there was Jemma and her story. What a mix, this was a sorry of Richie's illness, and a serious one at that.
Even though I am from down South, we still used some of these terms. This is more of an awareness book, but it is quite long.
At the end i cried you cannot read it in public.

I would recommend it to everyb...more
Amy
I liked the way the book bounced between characters and time. I gave it a 4 star not because it was an great book but because I will miss the characters. it took me a few days to read the end because I was sad it was over and hate it when a book makes me cry =0) A unique story about a couples relationship from their courtship through his fight with cancer.
Sam
If you left school in the mid 80's, had children in the 90's and hit a few bumps along the way this book will speak to you. The book is written from the perspective of several different characters. Amazingly it works without being disjointed. You get to see several different peoples perspectives on the same thing. Although it is ultimately about someone who is terminally ill it manages to not be a depressing read. At times funny, other times tense and very heart warming. Not the sort of book I n...more
Amanda Sayer
WOW!! A fantastic book, very easy to read and a fantastic story. Loved it. 5⭐️ all the way!
Joe Singleton
I received this book from a free offer on Amazon and it was the first book that I read on my new Kindle Fire HD.

This is not the usual type of book I would instantly read however the story line interested me and also the fact that it was based around an area where I was brought up.

Reading the book brought out all kinds of emotions in me from laughing to crying and to thinking about the future and remembering the poast. I would really recommend everyone to read this book, it is a real page turner...more
Amy
Amazing book, made me cry!!!
Andrew Lennon
Brilliant Book! Kept me engrossed the whole time reading it!
The fact I grew up in Aughton/Ormskirk helped alot as I was able to picture a lot of the places mentioned and relate to a lot of the things going on.
You really get the feeling you genuinely know the characters and you start feeling for them throughout their problems.
Recommend this to anyone it has an appeal to both men and women, with love triangles, football, gangs, gambling etc.

Looking forward to the next book!
Kathy
This made me cry and I am one tough old bird, so expressions of emotion are a true indicator that this book touched me. Imagine the fear of having testicular cancer, recovering and then back it comes, this book plays out the life stories of those involved throughout those troubled times.
Michael Reid

It's not often I read a book and check in my pants at the same time. There's a reference to one of the best songs ever, the best football team, a football disaster and some wonderful characters with believable flaws and qualities. Loved it, but was very emotional at time.
Colette Cooper
Beautiful love story with a tragic twist at its
Core. Most Brits will love reading this as you can relate to a lot of the references on this. The main character is likeable and the supporting characters are very well portrayed. At a long book, but you will enjoy every page
Julie
Enjoyed this book, was very emotional and makes you take stock of your own life and family! As it was based in the 80's - I related to many parts of the book. A few unexpected twists and turns leaves and leads you into a different direction! Good read!
Di Williams
Loved the tempo, scouse humour and the fluency / realism regarding Cancer in the story line, most moving and a real tear jerker without being slushy. Not read this author before, so hope that there are more of this calibre to come.
Couldn't put it down.
Samantha Jackson
This book will make you laugh and cry. I wouldn't say it's the best piece of literature I've ever read, but it is still a great read and I did struggle to put it down several times. A year or so ago I missed Emma and Dexter, now I miss Richie and Gemma.
Victoria Vaughn
Brilliant! I do wish I hadn't read any reviews before I started as I did notice all the exclamation marks after that, but aside from that I love the way in which it is written and it is a fantastic story.
Shawn Thompson
Wow.....what a book. This one is long, but well worth it. As a child if the 80's I could relate to the characters and the raw honesty of the characters was literally gripping! Great but sad book!!!
Kerrie
I downloaded this book onto my Kindle as it was a 'freebie' - it was one of the best books I've ever read. I laughed, cried and then laughed and cried some more.
Trina King
Very different than expected, but I couldn't stop reading. Requires you to pay attention as the speakers and the timeline move a lot, but well worth it
Toni
Even though i knew from the first chapter, how the book would end, it didn't stop me from being touched and teary eyed during the last chapter.
Kirstie
Loved it.

Written from many different people's views this grabbed me straight away. I felt I knew all the characters, just brilliant
Penelope
Amazing book, very long, which is good because I didn't want to finish it. Probably the best book I have read in years
Kimmi Bailey
Loved this book...what a story. Thank you for such a wonderful life lesson. I will not soon forget this book.
Wendy Wright
Wonderful, heart-warming, funny, sad, brilliant! Can't wait for book number 2 from Calvin.
Who is the Phantom F###**R? 4 9 Apr 30, 2014 11:39AM
  • Replica
  • A Lighter Shade of Gray
  • Covert Reich
  • My Sweet Saga
  • Black Butterflies (The Greek Village, #2)
  • Full Circle
  • Working It Out
  • The Stranger Beside You
  • A Million Tears
  • Horses and Heroin (Racetrack Romance, #4)
Calvin Wade was born in Ormskirk, Lancashire in 1971. He studied Economics at Manchester Metropolitan University, graduating in 1992. On graduation, he worked in a record shop for eighteen months to fund a backpacking trip around the world.

Since returning from his travels, his working life has been in the mortgage industry, working for Alliance & Leicester, Yorkshire Building Society and Birmi...more
More about Calvin Wade...
kiss my name Another Saturday & Sweet F.A Another Saturday & Sweet FA

“Enjoy it, learn from it and more than anything, never take your health for granted. Don’t just seize the day. Seize the moment. Every single one.” 6 likes
“Are you scared?”

“Of what?”

“Dying.” Jemma was nothing, if she was not blunt.

“I’m not expecting to die, Jemma. I’m expecting to have treatment, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, whatever it takes, but I’m expecting to come through this.”
1 likes