Start by marking “Realm of Shadows” as Want to Read:
Realm of Shadows

Realm of Shadows (Vampire #4)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  702 ratings  ·  28 reviews
Every Nightmare Has Its Beginning In an ancient churchyard just outside Paris. archeologists uncover an ancient tomb certain they have stumbled onto the find of the century. But something goes very wrong as the tomb is opened. Something too frightening to imagine...and too terrible to utter.

And Its End

For American visitor Tara Mason, the romantic city of her dreams has sud
Published November 1st 2003 by Zebra Books (first published October 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about Realm of Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Realm of Shadows

Gina
Still not as great-great as the first two in the series, but great-good. I thought Tara to be a strong female character, who knew her own strength and still pushed on. I thought it was planned out, and you never really know who the 'bad guy' is, but you still manage to figure it out by the end. What I like is the ties from the past to the present and what it means for the characters.
April Sarah
I have re-read this book and I found it as wonderful a read as the first time around. It is a great read when it is pooring outside and the only light in the room is a small reading lamp.
Nickie
I really enjoyed this book. It actually scared the crap out out of me. Which is funny because. I have read much scarey books. I thin it was the suspense.
Andrea
I just finished this book and I loved it! The story was exciting and I was totally drawn into it.
Elaina Evans
Slow start but killer ending!! Ready to start the next one tomorrow night!
Jenna Storm
Once again, Shannon Drake transports me to another place with her writing.
Trudy Whatnot Books
I enjoyed this book throughly.
colleen
read 11.20.06
read 06.30.07
Emily
[Spoilers] Shannon Drake has added another element to her vampire series: The Alliance. This is apparently a combination vampire slayer/watcher organization that’s been around since the beginning of time. Our newest heroine, Tara, is the genetic inheritor of her family’s membership in this alliance. However, this does not make her as cool as Buffy. She’s got the dreams about vampires, but no super-powers, although she might be a little better at killing them than the average human. She’s also go ...more
Johanna
Realm of Shadows
(Vampire Saga Book #4)
by Shannon Drake (aka Heather Graham)

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Every Nightmare Has Its Beginning

In an ancient churchyard just outside Paris, archeologists uncover an ancient tomb certain they have stumbled onto the find of the century. But something goes very wrong as the tomb is opened. Something too frightening to imagine...and too terrible to utter.

For American visitor Tara Mason, the romantic city of her dreams has suddenly turned sinister. For she has
T.M. Carper
Basically everyone except Sean and Maggie appear in this Paris-set book. This time, there is no vampire-human romance.... There are wolves.

Resistant to the idea of vampires and the Alliance, Tara almost makes herself easy prey for the two older vampires. The final showdown is thrilling.
Jessica
Book was ok. Felt like something was missing from the storyline, cant quit put my finger on it. Did enjoy that the book was descriptive and action filled.
DK Hoffman
A good read with interesting characters. Set in France, which was nice for a change.
Kathryn
This book was difficult to read. There were a lot of times where the author would just go on about a character in a flashback and only refer to them as he or she. Sometimes it wasn't obvious that it was a flashback and this just served to confuse the situation even more. For the first third of the book I thought there were twice as many character as there really were. Another thing that I found irritating was the way the author kept using... Yeah, ellipses. They were everywhere! On just 2 pages ...more
Angie
3 & 1/2 stars. Shannon Drake's ability to transport me to a different time and place is what makes her books appealing. She has a way of making a book's setting come alive. I'm looking forward to reading the fifth book in the series because it's set in Salem, MA- a place I've always wanted to visit.
Katie
I found this book underwhelming. There were parts where I wanted to keep reading to find out who was good/evil, but by the end, I had to push myself to finish. Not one of my favorites...not sure if I will read any other in the series...
Serra Zander
Meh. Vampire, werewolves, hot chicks... The overall story was boring and the dialogue was weird. Nothing special to write home about. Not going to lie, I didn't finish it, it was predictable and boring.
Liz
I hated this book. Boring, boring not even the fact that it was vampires did I like it. I will remember not to read her series again.
Christine Hayes
I purchased this book from my library book sale.It took me a few weeks to finish. I didn't really care about the ending or the characters.
Carolb
I found this book to be just an 'okay' read. It pitted vampires and werewolves together - a combination that I'm not really fond of.
Heather
I read the first three books in this series and about to start it. I am really looking forward to it.
Brooklynn N.
Its a pretty good book, but I couldnt finish it. Its just not.... captivating for me. Maybe in the future.
Megan
Another in Shannon Drake's vampire series. Okay- until the end... The ending left much to be desired...
Flocharda
Todos los libros de esta serie me encantan. No son los típicos libros de vampiros ^^
Stacey
Really nothing new here. Vampires, werewolves, etc. Same old, same old formula.
Katie
not impressed
  • Kiss Of Darkness (Alliance Vampires, #7)
  • Be Mine Forever (Forever Vampires #3)
  • Midnight Embrace
  • Twilight Hunger (Wings in the Night, #7)
  • Dracula in London
  • Sea Fever (Children of the Sea, #2)
Heather Graham Pozzessere
aka Heather Graham, Shannon Drake

Heather Graham was born on March 15, 1953 and grew up in Dade County, Florida, and attended the University of South Florida at Tampa, majoring in theater arts and touring Europe and parts of Asia and Africa as part of her studies. After college, she acted in dinner theaters, modeled, waitressed, and tended bar. She married Hershey Dennis Po
More about Shannon Drake...
Beneath A Blood Red Moon (Vampire #1) When Darkness Falls (Vampire #2) Deep Midnight (Vampire #3) Wicked (Regency Trilogy, #1) The Awakening (Vampire, #5)