Start by marking “Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates” as Want to Read:
Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates

Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  21 ratings  ·  3 reviews
In Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates Second Edition, the authors show students how to read critically and how to write using critical techniques. This book is a 'must-have' resource for postgraduate students and early-career academics. It has been expanded and updated to include:

A range of examples encompassing disciplinary areas including linguistics, educati
Published January 1st 2011 by Sage Publications (CA) (first published April 20th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Critical Reading and Writing for Postgraduates

Mariam
As a first year PhD student, the idea of the literature review was pretty daunting to me personally. I had trouble creating a framework in my mind to guide me through reading/writing. This book was a life-saver. The examples are very practical, it honestly took a lot of stress off my mind. I will begin using the guides suggested in my writings. Highly recommended, and a big thank you to the authors.
Hodgeheg
A really well organised and simple to follow guide on postgraduate writing. There is a large focus on critical reviews and dissertations, I would have liked a bit more on the skills of essay writing - but I expect there is not so much of that at this level.
It also has the added bonus of additional content online, including templates of the forms that it refers to and uses in the book.
Jeff
I read this text for a post-graduate course. As someone with a degree in writing, the book was only moderately helpful, though I can imagine that it would be helpful for those with less background in writing. There is a worksheet the guide the critical analysis of a work that I have found repeatedly helpful. As I move forward with my post-graduate education, I envision using it again and again.
Kpb1103
Kpb1103 marked it as to-read
May 19, 2015
Carlos
Carlos marked it as to-read
Apr 05, 2015
Pascal Fux
Pascal Fux marked it as to-read
Feb 28, 2015
Danielle Korf
Danielle Korf marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Pei-Yao
Pei-Yao is currently reading it
Nov 08, 2014
Hrafnhildur
Hrafnhildur marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Woodland Animal
Woodland Animal marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Kris
Kris marked it as to-read
Sep 10, 2014
Lia
Lia marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Matt
Matt marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2015
Laura added it
Jun 26, 2014
Fouad
Fouad marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
Rahaf
Rahaf marked it as to-read
Feb 27, 2014
Nana Sefa-yeboah
Nana Sefa-yeboah is currently reading it
Mar 26, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Myron Leon "Mike" Wallace was an American journalist. Wallace was a correspondent for CBS's 60 Minutes since its debut in 1968. During his career at 60 Minutes, he interviewed a wide range of prominent newsmakers, including Deng Xiaoping, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, Ayatollah Khomeini, Kurt Waldheim, Yasser Arafat, Menachem Begin, Anwar Sadat, Manuel Noriega, Jeffrey Wigand, John F. Nash, Vladimir ...more
More about Mike Wallace...
Between You and Me: A Memoir with 82-Minute DVD The Way We Will Be 50 Years from Today: 60 of the World's Greatest Minds Share Their Visions of the Next Half Century Heat and Light: Advice for the Next Generation of Journalists Backpacking Light: A Beginner's Guide to Ultralight Backpacking (Includes Nearly 200 Minimalist Hiking Tips) Close Encounters: Mike Wallace's Own Story