Pezzettino

Pezzettino

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  141 ratings  ·  19 reviews
Pezzettino lives in a world in which everyone is big and does daring and wonderful things. But he is small, just a “little piece,” which is the meaning of pezzettino in Italian. “I must be a piece of somebody. I must belong to someone else,” he thinks. How Pezzettino learns that he belongs to no one but himself is the joyous and satisfying conclusion to this beautiful mosa...more
Published August 12th 1975 by Knopf Books for Young Readers

Frances
1.Pezzettino means (little piece)in Italian. I love this story.
2.This is a great story to talk about self worth, and how we are all apart of one another.
3.Leo lionni is a wonderful story teller I must read more of his stories.

Extended Activity

In this story Pezzettino went on a journey and found many encounters who were much larger than he was, and they were all made up of small pieces.I would give students small colored blocks and encurage the students to recreate the characters in the story.Als...more
Tiffany
May 10, 2008 Tiffany rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: children generally
My 2-year-old is on my lap as I write this cuddling her new Pezzettino book. Some kids cuddle stuffed animals - Keetah loves books, and this was an instant hit. It's a story about a "piece" who is so small, he wonders if he is a piece of someone else (Pezzettino means "piece" in Italian). In the end, he finds himself and declares to everyone "I am myself!" My little one seems to relate to this tiny creature on a deep level - she wanted me to read it over and over and over to her tonight. Great m...more
joanna Sondheim
Another Lionni tale about fitting in, Pezzettino is an orange block, who lives in a world of multi-colored block creatures. He roams around trying to find a creature who he can be a piece of, but with no luck. The conclusion, in which he finally finds where he belongs, is a lovely one, and the simple block illustrations, and bright colors, are not only appealing to adult eyes, but accessible to the very young as well.
Christy
Snorkle
This was an interesting book, I thought the message was crafted neatly into the story and made it "fit". I did like the colors and shapes of the characters in this book, they made me smile. I would probably recommend.

*Taken from my book reviews blog: http://reviewsatmse.blogspot.com/2009...
Magda
His name was Pezzettino. All the others were big and did daring and wonderful things. He was small and surely must be a little piece of somebody else, he thought. He often wondered whose little piece he could be, and one day he decided to find out.
Rocheal Hoffman
Simple book to build on character development. A little piece wanders around, trying to figure out where he fits in. Finally he discovers that he is himself. Simple as that! Maybe best for special education.
Monica
My friend Erin introduced me to Leo Lionni. My son loves his books and Pezzettino is my personal favorite. Really, how much more existential can a children's book be?
Amy
Little Piece! Sharing this story in art classes always inspires... I like everything about this book. I have taken it out of the library four times in the last year.
Guadalupe Ramirez
Lionni style of writing reminds me of Eric Carle's style of writing which I absolutely love. This is a great book to teach area in mathematics.
Christine Turner
Little Pezzettino is so small he is convinced he must be a piece of somebody else. A wise man helps him discover the truth.

www.hcpl.net
Elameno
This book always leaves me with a glowing, happy feeling about my life by the time I get to the last page. <3
Chase.curriculum
Assigned:
2012 July ELL310
2014 May, ELL310
Roxy Reno
I have the bowling ball to prove it
M.
A book about figuring out who you are.
Gail
Great pictures, good for a read-aloud.
Ruthie
great concept/illustrations/story
Cana
Mommy says: a classic!
Ozge
Ozge added it
Jul 23, 2014
Anita
Anita is currently reading it
Jul 01, 2014
Leila
Leila marked it as to-read
Jun 23, 2014
Karen De la garza
Karen De la garza marked it as to-read
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
FROM PUBLISHER:
Leo Lionni wrote and illustrated more than 40 highly acclaimed children's books. He received the 1984 American Institute of Graphic Arts Gold Medal and was a four-time Caldecott Honor Winner--for Inch by Inch, Frederick, Swimmy, and Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse. Leo Lionni died in October of 1999 at his home in Tuscany, Italy, at the age of 89.

Leo Lionni has gained international...more