What Story Are You Living?: A Workbook and Guide to Interpreting Results from the Pearson-Marr Archetype Indicator

3.85 of 5 stars 3.85  ·  rating details  ·  26 ratings  ·  4 reviews
The profound influence of Swiss psychologist Carl Jung spans both literature and science. His concept of the archetype defines the deep, unconscious patterns in the ways we perceive, organize, and interpret the events of our lives. A wide variety of these shared human themes are reflected in both our cultural traditions and stories and in our personal experiences the stori...more
Published April 6th 2007 by Center for Applications of Psychological Type

Catherine
Nov 02, 2007 Catherine rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in understanding themselves
I love this book! The title threw me off on the content but the tag line: "A self-improved guide for discovering and directing the unconsicous influences that drive your life story" gave a better connection.

I don't say I love a book unless it is extraordinary. I ready about 5 books a week and find that most books aren't. In fact, in 2007 thus far I have only found 5 such books I can say this for.

If you want to know more about yourself, this is a must study book. It isn't just a straight read. Th...more
Karen
This book was interesting merely for the test to see what archetype(s) you are currently expressing. I'm sure that you can find that on the interwebs. Skip this one. Reading Joeseph Campbell's Hero with a Thousand Faces ( http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/58... ) or Vogler's The Writer's Journey ( http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17... ) are much more in depth on the same subject.
Fred Jones
Interesting take on archetypes, woven into a hero's journey story in which you can find/plot yourself. Helpful exercises. Formula-driven mostly in a good sense; you really need a friend/coach to help you bring things together and gather insight that you can use to direct your own actions.
Azy
کتاب از نظر ترجمه سخت بود!!! بسیار ناراحت شدم که نشد آنطور که میخواستم از کتاب استفاده کنم.
Morteza Tabatabaei
Morteza Tabatabaei marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Iraevie
Iraevie marked it as to-read
May 23, 2014
Sepideh
Sepideh marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Naghmeh Rastegar
Naghmeh Rastegar is currently reading it
May 12, 2014
Marcus
Marcus added it
Apr 26, 2014
AmirPaia
AmirPaia marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2014
Myth Girl
Myth Girl marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2014
Roxana
Roxana is currently reading it
Feb 11, 2014
Fatemeh
Fatemeh marked it as to-read
Dec 16, 2013
Cyn Rutter
Cyn Rutter marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2013
Ahmed Oraby
Ahmed Oraby marked it as to-read
Nov 16, 2013
Ehsan Rezaei
Ehsan Rezaei is currently reading it
Mar 01, 2014
Ginger Lee
Ginger Lee marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
The Hero Within: Six Archetypes We Live By Awakening the Heroes Within: Twelve Archetypes to Help Us Find Ourselves and Transform Our World Otci Manual: A Guide for Interpreting the Organizational and Team Culture Indicator Instrument An Introduction To The Otci Basic Report: Understanding Archetypes In Your Organization Invisible Forces II: Harnessing the Power of Archetypes to Improve Your Career and Workplace