The Proposal

The Proposal (The Westmorelands #21)

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  547 ratings  ·  34 reviews

The moment he met Bella Bostwick, Jason Westmoreland wanted her--and the land she'd inherited. With one convenient proposal, he could have the Southern beauty in his bed and her birthright in his hands. If only Bella would say yes....
Published June 1st 2011 by Harlequin Desire (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about The Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Proposal

Dee
I thought this book was ok but definately felt like something was missing!

This really didn't 'feel' like a Brenda Jackson novel. Ms Jackson's writing is very distinctive and I usually love her material especially the Westmorelands but really felt this was like many other Harlequin novels and could have easily been written by anybody. I suppose with this many in a series I am bound to come across some that I don't like or not overly impressed with :( The storyline was ok but I really didn't feel...more
Lady Raven RAVE!
After coming off the high of Silken Thread & A Wife for a Westmoreland I was looking forward to The Proposal. I'm a Huge fan of Brenda Jackson but this one didn't draw me in like the others it was a good read with a good storyline but felt it was missing that spark I get from reading one of the author's books or reading about a Westmoreland.

Although I love the series of the Westmorelands at one point in the book Jason was telling Bella that the family hired a detective to see if there where...more
Book Binge Blog
Brenda Jackson has written over 20 novels about the Westmorelands--the Atlanta, Washington, D. C, Colorado, and Montana Westmorelands--a prolific, generous, and hugely successful African-American family who have managed to make their mark on every community in which they have resided. This present story takes place in and around Denver, Colorado, featuring one of the cousins that is being highlighted in a series about this branch of the family. Jason is in his early 30's, a successful rancher wh...more
☂ ℬrandi
Savannah Belle, Elizabeth (Bella) Bostwick has inherited her late grandfather's land and prized stallion Hercules. Her new ranch connects to Jason Westmoreland's and like everyone else he has shown interest in purchasing the land and Hercules. Despite her family's opposition Bella is determined to make this ranch her home. Her parents are livid and demand she return to Savannah and marry a wealthy local, and live they life they planned for her. Her uncle is bitter than she didn't sell the land t...more
Ceej
I love the Westmorelands!! I remember reading a A Little Dareand loving it but I wasn't hooked until The Chase Is On (Silhouette Desire). I had a bunch of books to hunt down and I fell even more in love with what I think of as the epitome of being a man. I live in Atlanta and I'm wondering, where's my Westmoreland???

I was pleased and ecstatic to be introduced to Jason. Jason kind of reminds me of Quade and Ian. He has Ian's intensity but Quade's charm and easy going persona. Like all the Westmor...more
Stilwaterz
Oh, Ms Jackson! These Westmoreland men don't stop ... making me weak! Jason Westmoreland is laid back but just as hot and yummy as his brothers and cousins. One look at southern Bella Bostwick and he knew he had to have her and her adjoining ranch. What began as a business proposal quickly dissolved into a long term love affair.

Bella suddenly learns she owns a ranch in Montana. Montana! It is love at first sight --- quite different from Savannaha. Finally, she can enjoy her new found independenc...more
L.M. David
This is the first book in this series of the Westmoreland family I have read but not the first in the series. I don't necessarily hate romance stories but after reading several, it seems to be an ongoing theme with this genre that seems totally boilerplate. More often than not, its love at first sight, the sex is totally mind blowing/off the chart and happens either with blinding speed or within the first one hundred pages of the novel. It is a genre that seems to enjoy glamourizing the "package...more
Judith
As a huge Brenda Jackson fan, I always enjoy her writing although I don't think there was the level of intensity in this novel that I have encountered in some of her other works. Yet Jason Westmoreland is a man who seems comfortable in his skin, likes his life, and isn't really "on the make" in any way. Yet the Southern belle, Ms Bella, sets his teeth on edge in a very good way right from their first introduction, and the attraction seems to keep growing. That they became friends first was very...more
Patrice
I liked the way Ms Jackson portrayed her 2 main characters in this book. Bella Bostwick, a sheltered, only child, finds herself the recipient of an inheritance from a Grandfather she never knew existed. She meets Jason Westmoreland at a charity event, while accompanied there by her uncle. Bella and Jason have an instant attraction. I like how the relationship between these two develops and I appreciate the fact that Bella was strong enough and Jason gentleman enough not to act impulsively on the...more
Toni
I just inhale these Westmoreland novels! LOL! And now that there is a Denver branch of the family, there are more stories to be told.

Brenda Bostwick is a pampered Southern belle raised in Savannah. The only family she has ever known are her parents, so she is surprised to learn that not only did her grandfather just pass away, but that he has left her his ranch outside Denver. Needing to spread her wings, much to her parent's dismay, she decides to accept the challenge of running a horse ranch.
W...more
Karen
It was definitely a proposal that Bella could not refuse! Jason Westmoreland is a quiet and very thoughtful person, and when Bella comes into his life, it's love at first sight even though he did not want to admit it. But when tragedy strikes, he puts it all on the line for the woman he wants. The proposal was one that was suppose to be a business deal, however love does not play around and these two newly weds realize that their marriage will be more than one of convenience! Awesome love story!...more
Tanya Mayes
love this book. love Jason and Bella. I love how after meeting jason the strong attraction wss there and Bella a Southern Belle remained true to her upbringing. Jason gave her a proposal to narry him that she couldn't resist. She accepted and was a virgin on her wedding night. Even though Jason gave her a little preview of what was to come. love the protectiveness of all the Westmirelands. This was a really enjoyable read check it out.
Shonnie
This is the first time its taken me weeks to finish a new Brenda Jackson book. I felt it was to predictably. Like it was a combination of the other Westmoreland series. I'm also feeling the young (barely out of her teens) virgin is overdone. We need something new and fresh from the Westmoreland clan. Otherwise I'm gonna have to bypass any future novels by this author (who use to be one of my favorites).
Julie Barrett
The Proposal by Brenda jackson
This book of the series is about Jason Westmoreland who owns a horse ranch.
He meets up with Elizabeth Boatswick who has just lost her grandfather and others are consoling her and other family members at a charity he had started.
She does not want to lose the ranch nor the horse so maybe she will just have to run the place herself.

Brandi
Another decent Westmoreland book....glad to see that this family is so prolific but I would like one of these books to WOW me like the first one's did. I think an issue with a large series is that, you see te same characters in each book, so their stories seem obvious to you. Howver, I do see great potenial for Bane's story.
Patriciaw
Another hot, sexy read from Brenda Jackson. Jason Westmoreland and Bella Bostwick come together over her inherited land and horse, despite opposition from her family. Can't go wrong with a Brenda Jackson read, although recently they tend to have a little too much backstory in the beginning and a few too obvious seeds for books to come.
Leatha Writes
Loved Jason and Bella's story. Their story was so sweet and passionate at the same time. Jason was strong and I just loved how he took charge and took care of Bella. Bella who to me seemed lost and kinda unrealistic but with Jason by her side seemed more real. I love this family. Oh Mrs. Jackson bring them on.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Westmorelands

"It was a fun quick read. ... I enjoyed seeing these two fall in love." from a review posted by an eHarlequin.com member, to read more go here.

Mzpastrychef
I love the Westmoreland Series.. This book was not as good as the others as far as the story goes but it was still a great read... I like the fact that now we are getting stories for all of the Westmorelands in the different states!
Dorel
First of all, I would like to say that I have enjoyed all the Westmoreland books. This book could hae been better. I thought the storyline was too boring and dry. I feel the main characters should have been developed more.
Gail
Laura YA indie princess
Awesome story I love Brenda Jackson writing style and will be reading whatever books she release next. I really like Bella and her voice and where can I find a cowboy just like Jason.
Angelia
I enjoyed Jason and Bella's story......it was much better than the last one at least to me....A very quick read but Jason is a Westmoreland man with a plan to get the woman he wants.....
Melody
Same ole, same ole. No surprises. They meet, they hate each other, they wonder why they are always thinking about the other and then they get together. Blah blah blah.
Taz Will
Jason can protect me anytime. This story was great and trying to figure out who was causing all the problems was worth the read. Love me some Westmorelands.
Fabiola Chenet
Comme d'habitude chez les Brenda, c'est chaud, les héros sont sympas et les personnages secondaires, tous des Westmoreland LOL trop cool. :-p
Kesha
I love when the characters believe they are victims of unrequited love. It makes the big reveal heart wrenching!
Ladyacct
I thought it should be 3.5/5 stars and the hero was sweet and nobody's dummy. Very good Ms. Jackson.
Karen
I really enjoyed it. If you're looking for a really sweet love story, this it.
LaTonya
Loved Jason Westmoreland and I really enjoyed this story. Great romance and great read!
  • King's Passion
  • Romancing the M.D. (Hopewell General)
  • You and No Other (Graysons of New Mexico, #2)
  • Here I Am

Brenda Jackson was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. She got married to Gerald, her high school sweetheart, in 1972 after graduating from high school. She went on to earn a degree in business administration from Jacksonville University, and to expand their family by having two sons, Gerald Jr. and Brando...more
More about Brenda Jackson...
Irresistible Forces (Steele Series #5) Delaney's Desert Sheikh (The Westmorelands #1) Thorn's Challenge (The Westmoreland Series) A Little Dare (The Westmoreland Series) Riding The Storm (The Westmoreland Series)