Start by marking “Young Legionary (Last Legionary, #5)” as Want to Read:
Young Legionary (Last Legionary, #5)

Young Legionary (Last Legionary #5)

3.99 of 5 stars 3.99  ·  rating details  ·  93 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The prequel to the author's "Last Legionary" series. Before the destruction of Moros, young Keil Randor wanted to be a Legionary. To be one of the elite, he has to prove himself through years of training as a Young Legionary, facing many ordeals along the way.
Published August 7th 1998 by Macmillan Children's Books (first published January 1st 1983)

To ask other readers questions about Young Legionary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Young Legionary

Jacey
I'm trying to get round to a number of books that have been sitting on my bookshelf for years making me feel guilty. This is one such. I read one or two of Hill's Last Legionary Quartet many years ago and enjoyed them. This is a 1982 prequel collection of stories about the training of the legionary who was to become the last of his kind, published by Piccolo, a junior imprint of Gollancz..

There are four stories, each taking a snapshot of Keill Randor's life, one age 12 as he takes the dangerous
G.M.
One of my all time favorite authors and one of my Top 10 Book Series! Love this book!
Alex
I read this book in my early teens, and somehow remembered it every time I came across anything that sparked my interest in sci-fi, however I could never remember the title, or character names well enough to find it. What I could remember, were bits and pieces of the story that I have been repeatedly describing to people or googling to try and find this story again. Needless to say, the story was memorable! Now that I've found it, I discover it was actually a prequel. To those of you who have re ...more
Donna
The book reminded me of some of Andre Norton's books for young adults. It is a fun read about an adolescent on a harsh planet who raise their children to be able to protect themselves. The goal of most is to young the Legion and serve as a mercenary to bring in income for the planet. The story is written in episodes taken along the journey to become a cadet.
Morgan
This is one of my favorite series as a young adult, and rereading it, I love it just as much. This prequel is a set of stories showing how Keill Randor grows up to be the man he is in the Last Legionary quartet... a man guided by self-control and determination to do his part.
Cheruv
Cheruv is currently reading it
Feb 28, 2015
Eugene Lim
Eugene Lim marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Jim
Jim marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Henk
Henk marked it as to-read
Oct 24, 2014
Nathan Godley
Nathan Godley marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Scott
Scott added it
Aug 27, 2014
Sherwin Smith
Sherwin Smith marked it as to-read
Aug 16, 2014
Chris Hearson
Chris Hearson marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Matt Johnson
Matt Johnson marked it as to-read
May 18, 2014
Jannie
Jannie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Douglas Arthur Hill (6 April 1935 – 21 June 2007) was a Canadian science fiction author, editor and reviewer. He was born in Brandon, Manitoba, the son of a railroad engineer, and was raised in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. An avid science fiction reader from an early age, he studied English at the University of Saskatchewan (where he earned an Honours B.A. in 1957) and at the University of Toronto ...more
More about Douglas Arthur Hill...

Last Legionary (5 books)
  • Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary, #1)
  • Deathwing Over Veyna (Last Legionary, #2)
  • Day of the Starwind (Last Legionary, #3)
  • Planet of the Warlord (Last Legionary, #4)
Galactic Warlord (Last Legionary, #1) Day of the Starwind (Last Legionary, #3) Blade of the Poisoner Deathwing Over Veyna (Last Legionary, #2) Planet of the Warlord (Last Legionary, #4)