Start by marking “The Darker Side of Pleasure” as Want to Read:
The Darker Side of Pleasure

The Darker Side of Pleasure

In this steamy follow-up to her irresistibly erotic debut novel, Eden Bradley returns with a trio of tales that explore the darker side of pleasure.

Prepare to enter a provocative, scintillating world where three women are about to take ecstasy to the limit—and beyond. In The Bonds of Love a struggling couple will do anything to save their marriage, even if it means experim
Published September 25th 2007 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Darker Side of Pleasure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Darker Side of Pleasure

Club Shadowlands by Cherise SinclairBreaking Free by Cherise SinclairDark Citadel by Cherise SinclairMake Me, Sir by Cherise SinclairMaster of the Mountain by Cherise Sinclair
BDSM Fiction
324th out of 817 books — 1,268 voters
Wicked Ties by Shayla BlackHotwired by Anita PhilmarDaddy's Game by Normandie AllemanDecadent by Shayla BlackUnder By Duress by Kayla Stonor
Hot Erotic Romances
212th out of 553 books — 545 voters

More lists with this book...

Daisiemae
This book consists of 3 different stories written by the same author. All have a BDSM element to the storyline.
There really wasn't anything spectacular about this book. It was average at best, and boring during some parts. The characters were more cookie-cutter than I like, and I struggled to get through it.
Sandi Ramirez
Aug 11, 2015 Sandi Ramirez rated it it was amazing
First let me say that Eden Bradley is one of the authors that my husband and I always read together and this book is one we read last night. I HIGHLY Suggest reading this with your partner that you are in a trusting relationship with.

This book has 3 different long novellas in it that tell 3 different types of BDSM happenings. The first " The Bonds of Love" is a couple who have drifted apart after the lost of a child due to miscarriage. Cam introduces bondage into their marriage in the hopes of b
Nancy Konsitzke
Aug 12, 2015 Nancy Konsitzke rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good

This was a very good book with three good stories to it, I recommend to all adults to read and more
Crystal
I hadn't read any Eden Bradly before. If these 3 shorter stories are any indication, her writing is much different from most of the BDSM romances I've read before. They weren't bad, but I didn't love them either. instalove occurred in the highest degrees, except in the couple that was already married. There was a lot of inner thoughts, and a lot of repetition. Also, everyone was unrealistically, stunningly beautiful. all the time.
On the other hand, I appreciated the different aspects these stor
Em
Jul 29, 2016 Em rated it liked it
Shelves: erotica
Having already read a three novella erotica collection by another author I had high hopes for this one. But unlike Stephanie Draven's 'It Stings So Sweet' stayed in one era with interconnecting characters, this one came to a full stop after each piece. It was therefore difficult to get into the new story because it was an entirely new set-up, characters etc. And frankly the set-ups were not that great.

The first 'Bonds of Love' concerned a marriage gone flat. In truth it wasn't just that the spi
Karen
Jul 02, 2014 Karen rated it really liked it
The book Darker Side of Pleasure features three stories with three different scenarios. The central theme is submission. You can come to be a submissive from many angles, not everyone wants to be talked into it. Some people have an ache for it from the jump. You might be wanting it and seek it out. You might want to be persuaded into it by someone you love. You might be reluctant and need convincing. Although, if you aren't sure this book might help you sort your fantasy of submission out for ...more
Shannon (Giraffe Days)
This book is more like Erotic Romance than straight Erotica - more like Maya Banks, for example, though the short story format allows for less depth and character development than a single long novel, and thus less Romance.

The first story, "The Bonds of Love", is about a well-to-do young couple seeking to save their rocky marriage - and love life - by exploring something new and, for Jillian, scary. But Cam hasn't turned her on this much in years as he does now, by tying her down - an act that t
Tina
Sep 10, 2016 Tina rated it it was ok
Did not care for this book over all. The best story was the first one which I would give 4 stars and the last one I would give 3 stars. The middle story I just couldn't get into and didn't finish past the second chapter.

I really liked the first story due to the exploration of a couple beyond the first years of marriage and how to reconnect. However I still wanted a little more back story with the characters.
Janna
Jan 07, 2015 Janna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very lovely book. I liked how it was made of three short stories. It was very flowing and I couldn't put it down before it was finished from cover to cover. The only negative side was that I really want to read on, on evert of the stories. I want to know what happened to all the main characters and I how their futures played out. All in all, a very hot book this one was and I will be reading more from Eden Bradley. I really enjoyed her way of writing.
Stacey
Aug 16, 2015 Stacey rated it it was amazing
This was a great book with three stories exploring scenarios of entering the BDSM lifestyle. I think what I most enjoyed was that that none of the characters had any truly abusive backgrounds as you find in many stories. I also liked that in the first story the couple are well off but not ridiculously rich as in most of these stories. I highly recommend this collection.
Robyn
Apr 23, 2016 Robyn rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
I think I wasn't in the right head space when I picked up this book. I read most of the first story (I'd forgotten it was 3 short stories, rather than a full length novel) before I had to put it down. It was okay, but not enough to hold my attention. I'll add it to my DNF pile, and hope to come back to it another time.
Victoria ~
Aug 16, 2015 Victoria ~ rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lifestyle-kink
Collections rarely earn five star reviews because there is usually a story (or stories) disappoint. This was not the case in this instance. The Darker Side of Pleasure included tales of thoughtful erotic fiction that delved into the subject of BDSM with a level of understanding. These titillating short stories gave a taste and made me dream of what a full novel from this author could be.
Mercadez S.
Feb 18, 2015 Mercadez S. rated it did not like it
Only read the first 2 books in the books (The bonds of Love) and (The Lair) because i didn't like the way the third one even more then the other ones. not that they were badly written, that's just something i did not enjoy.
Estimated number of pages actually read 236 pages.
Victoria ~
Amazing

Collections don't often rate at five stars because there is always a story (or stories) that don't measure up. This collection was delightful; There wasn't a single one of the stories that disappointed.
Lindsay Paige
May 27, 2012 Lindsay Paige marked it as dnf
This book is just so intense for me. I'll go back and try reading it again at a later date. I just can't seem to finish it. I love Eden Bradley, but this book was just too much for me to handle. As I said, I'll try finishing it at a later date.
Ellen
Mar 12, 2008 Ellen rated it it was ok
Shelves: adult
Gratuitous and even a little hokey. Very little depth in the stories(a collection of 3)and characters. Words and elements repeated far too often. Kept recycling the same idea. First story was the best, second was good, third was tedious.
Vantine
I read this as part of an effort to provide readers' advisory to patrons who did not want to wait for 50 Shades of Gray but actually wanted to find a book to read. For people looking for erotic romance with a BDSM twist, Eden Bradley is a much better choice than the hot book of the moment.
Sue
Aug 14, 2015 Sue rated it really liked it
4.5 -- I liked this book a lot. Short stories and novellas are nice because you can finish one and still get some sleep. This was my first of this author's books, so I will have to try some more.
Tikishia
Sep 25, 2012 Tikishia rated it it was amazing
This book consisted 3 short stories I could not tear myself away from. I seriously need a break from all da BDSM reading. I'm bout ready to give up on vanilla. LOL.
Gillian
Aug 24, 2013 Gillian rated it really liked it
Two stories in and loving it!
For such short stories you really get a sense of the characters.
Huge credit to Eden Bradley.
Gee
Sep 10, 2012 Gee rated it it was ok
Shelves: comtemp-erotic, bdsm
Story 1---Bonds of Love 3 stars

Story 2----The Lair 1 star

Story 3----Love and Discipline 2 stars
Katie
Feb 04, 2013 Katie rated it it was amazing
Amazing story and so much emotion. Hot passionate and very plentiful sex. Loved every minute of this one.
Amy
Nov 19, 2014 Amy rated it really liked it
Three stories in one book. I liked the first one the best--about a couple who is trying to reconnect and rebuild their marriage after a tragic loss in their lives.
Kissa
Jul 11, 2008 Kissa rated it it was amazing
This was a great collection of erotic stories. The short stories worked well together and each one brought a new tale to life.
Colby
Colby rated it really liked it
Oct 29, 2012
Jennifer Fisher
Jennifer Fisher rated it it was amazing
May 16, 2013
Brandi
Brandi rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2015
Guadalupe Gonzalez
Guadalupe Gonzalez rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2015
Catalina N
Catalina N rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2015
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews
Cindy ~ SnS Reviews rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2011
  • Fair Game (Fortune Hunter Trilogy, #3)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
  • Yes, Justin (Safe Word: Oasis, #1)
  • Secret Ties
  • Dare to Surrender
  • Yes, Sir
  • The Satin Sash
  • Pleasure's Edge (Edge, #1)
  • Pleasure and Purpose (Order of Solace, #1)
  • Satisfaction Guaranteed
  • Skin Deep
  • Paradise Rules
  • No One But Madison
  • Submissive Desires
  • Slave to Love: Erotic Stories of Bondage and Desire
  • Laced with Desire (Knights of the Board Room, #3)
  • Black Silk (Rodesson's Daughters, #2)
  • Whispers of the Flesh (Hidden Grotto #3)
New York Times & USA Today Bestselling and award-winning author Eden Bradley aka Eve Berlin has published a number of novels and novellas, both print and e-books, with Berkley Heat, Bantam/Delta, Harlequin Spice & HQN, Black Lace Books and Samhain Publishing, as well as venturing into self-publishing. Her books have been translated into German, French, Romanian, Portuguese, Spanish, ...more
More about Eden Bradley...