Start by marking “Cascade” as Want to Read:
Cascade

Cascade (River of Time #2)

4.27  ·  Rating Details  ·  7,933 Ratings  ·  782 Reviews

Mom touched my underdress—a gown made six hundred years before—and her eyes widened as she rubbed the raw silk between thumb and forefinger. She turned and touched Lia’s gown. “Where did you get these clothes?”

Published June 1st 2011 by David C. Cook (first published May 24th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Cascade, please sign up.

Mackensiee If you're talking about the quote from the synopsis, it is because she just traveled back to her own time from six hundred years prior.
I'm not sure…more
I'm not sure how an actual dress can stay good for 600 years. (less)

Amber
This is going to be short and sweet simply because It's so hard to write a review and do it justice on a book that completely sweeps you off your feet in every way possible!!! This is such an AMAZING series and I really, really don't want it to ever end!!

Cascade was another addicting addition to River of Time series. I can ramble on and on but if you have read Waterfall, you are in for another AWESOME reading experience that will linger in your thoughts for quite some time. I read this a while a
Nic
Jul 25, 2011 Nic rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romance and adventure
Favourite Quote: We stood there for a moment, people swirling around us, laughing, greeting one another, kissing on both cheeks in Italian fashion. And our deep stare into each other's eyes was as intense as a kiss of our own. It was like he was speaking to me, singing to me, all through that long, silent, sexy-as-all-get-out look.

Cascade is awesome. It is another brilliant and addictive addition to what is quickly becoming one of my favourite series. It has the perfect mix of adventure and roma
Small Review

I wanna marry this book. This whole series. It's like Lisa took everything I want out of a book and put it all together to make the best series EVER! Even if you don't like historical fiction or time travel, this series is so much more than that. The River of Time defies simple categorization and gives readers something they so rarely get.

But this is a second book in a series, so you probably have some questions. Second books always sort of scare me, especially when I loved the first book like I
Rachel
Jun 05, 2016 Rachel rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
I'm in love with this series!!!!!!!
Brodie
Apr 14, 2011 Brodie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, 2011
Note: Because this won't be out until June and also since it's the sequel, I tried not to give away any major plot points or spoilers!

Wow. What can I say? The River of Time series has become a favourite of mine. I absolutely loved Waterfall and I can say that the sequel does NOT disappoint. In fact, I may even be willing to say it's.... even better than the first book! Which, if you've read the glowing reviews for Waterfall thus far, you know that's saying a lot.

The She-Wolves of Siena have retu
Kiri
Oh lord where to begin. I had some serious hopes because she at least began with a historical note on this book.

Hmm.. how about.. Book One set in 1332. Book Two 1342. However the author insists it's only 3 months since the girls departed at the end of book One. Then there's the plague thing. I could go on for paragraphs about the errors on that*, not to mention her character not wanting to "infect" people then barging into people homes and surrounding themselves with others willy-nilly. She thr
Steph
Despite my excitement to dive back into this world with these wonderful characters, I was a little worried that Cascade wouldn't live up to my expectations or be as great as the first book. I was wrong on both counts! This series only continues to get better.

In this book, Gabi and Lia briefly return to present day to fix that sticky situation they were left with at the end of Waterfall. They don't linger too long, though, and quickly head back to the 14th century with their mother in tow, throwi
Halee
This was such a fast-paced, action-packed romance novel! If there was one thing I would change though, it would be the AMOUNT of romance. I would really like less 'coupling up' I guess you could say. BUT it was still an amazing book that any history lover will eat up! Not as thrilling and compelling as Waterfall, but still great and I can't wait to pick up Torrent, #3 in the River Of Time Series!
Jill Williamson
Jun 27, 2011 Jill Williamson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sisters Gabi and Lia aren’t home for long before they return to the mysterious cave with their mother—then return to the past. It’s the 1300’s Italy. Gabi seeks out the man of her dreams, Marcello, only to discover that much has happened in the minutes they were gone. It’s been three months for Marcello. The sisters are hailed as heroes, but a war is brewing. Gabi is determined to discover what is going on and who can be trusted, all the while trying not to think too much about what might happen ...more
Kathy ~ Bookworm Nation
I liked how this one picks up right where the first one leaves off. It’s probably a good idea to have all the books on hand when you start, you won’t want to stop reading! This is one series where all the books are great, maybe even getting better as they go.

Gabi continues to be a great heroine. I thought she was easy to relate to and easy to like. She is tough, but believable. She is courageous and fiercely loyal. When everything seems overwhelming and futile, she is still brave and speaks her
Cindy
I absolutely love this series, it is so,so good! It is one of those books you just cant put down and don't ever want it to end! Cascade starts off were Waterfall left off. Gabi and Lia are back in present day Italy. Gabi is completely heartbroken to have left Marcello( as was I). There were a few things they had to do in modern Italy, and then they head back to 1300's Italy. This was one adventure after another, some were good and some had me heartbroken. Mrs. Bergren writes a wonderful romance, ...more
Haley Nguyen
3.25 DISAPPOINTING stars

***Rambling alert

This second installment of the River of Time series is definitely a victim of the middle-book syndrome.

Gone is the ass-kicking heroine I fell for in Waterfall; this one is all about being in love, leaving everything behind and waiting for help. So very Bella Swan!!! Fortunately, unlike Ms. Swan, the girl here is still an able and knowledgeable individual, and that definitely counts some bits in her favor.

And why does everything have to do with God??? I
Madi
Jul 19, 2015 Madi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015
Star Rating:

4 stars

Plot:

Gabi knows she’s left her heart in the fourteenth century and she persuades Lia to help her to return, even though they know doing so will risk their very lives. When they arrive, weeks have passed and all of Siena longs to celebrate the heroines who turned the tide in the battle against Florence—while the Florentines will go to great lengths to see them dead.

But Marcello patiently awaits, and Gabi must decide if she’s willing to leave her family behind for good in order
Lieniitte
Well. That was an exciting ride!

I liked this one better even than the first!
Funny thing, after finishing this book, I read in an interview with the author what soundtracks she listened to while writing this series and had to laugh, because those were mostly the same soundtracks I listened to when reading this book! No wonder they fit so well!

This series really would make awesome movies or even a TV show. It's got action and romance and a lot of humor as well! Even in the midst of battles I wo
Katie
Okay, I'm going to try my hardest to not sound like a crazy fangirl, but THIS BOOK IS SO GOOD! I read it straight off of finishing Waterfall, and I devoured it. I was supposed to be studying for my finals, but I just couldn't tear myself away from this story. And as much as I liked Waterfall, Cascade is even better! The second book in a trilogy is usually the worst, but I've got to say that it's definitely my favorite.

Waterfall ends on a bit of a cliffhanger, with Gabi and Lia back in their own
Cyp
Aug 22, 2011 Cyp rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone. Seriously everyone.
From the very moment i picked up this book, i was like:

description

Seriously, it is that good. That is also why i've put off writing this review. I'm afraid of my inability to fully justify how good this book was.

I devoured this book. Literally. The first book didnt impress me much, more of, "oh okay, im done. Move on". Y'know? But this..This is a stunning novel that far surpassed its predecessor. A phenomenal book just short of a miracle.

*I must warn you i am wont to being a little over-spoilery. So if you
Kristen
03/28/16 - Can I say how much I loved Luca this time around, Marcello is amazing, but Luca is equally studmuffin material.

8/28/14 - Super-d-duper good. Loved every second of it!!!

9/8/13 - Just as brilliant the second time around. (Does anyone feel sorry for Rodolfo?)

8/24/12 -
Soooo good. I was so glad that I had book three in hand since the second I finished this one I grabbed book 3...

Full review to come. Too busy reading Torrent.

Ok, major cliffhanger at the end of book 2. I am super glad I ha
Rachelle Cobb
Dec 05, 2011 Rachelle Cobb rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This review has been a long time in coming. Ever since I first read Waterfall, I have been enthralled with Lisa T. Bergren's River of Time series. I am so glad that I won Waterfall in a contest because believe it or not, it probably would have been awhile before I picked it up on my own.

But I know that I would have sooner or later.

As I was telling a friend the other day, Waterfall , as well as the rest of The River of Time series, has everything that I love in a good book. One, it's part of a se
Leah/Elle/Ella (details about name in "about me")
4.75 stars (because it wasn't quite as good as the first)

It took me FOREVER to read this book, but I'm glad I did. At first I did not like this book. At one point I was even considering putting it down for a little while and rating it 3 stars, but I'm glad I persevered and finished it! I really liked it. The last quarter of the book is what brought me to 5 (4.75) stars. The ending was amazing and there was a plot twist that made me go "WHAA?? OH. MY. GOODNESS." ! If you've read the book, you kno
Marklessgirl
Apr 21, 2015 Marklessgirl rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked a lot of the book. Gabi Annoying me some of the time, but this was a fast fun read even hello on here it looks like I am reading it really it was 4 days because I don't read it for a week because I had the flu virus. I especially enjoy in this book when they went back to medieval times. And more of the family.
Donna
I think what I like most about this youth fiction series is that it is completely age appropriate for the younger teens. And it is time travel, which I always love.

In this novel, the sisters travel back in time again only this time they bring their mother along, which was an interesting twist. Even though her role was not a big one, it helped define and solidify the family structure, which I loved. After reading the first book in this series, there really wasn't a hook at the end of that one. I
Katie
Jun 01, 2011 Katie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Much like the first book in this series, Cascade was awesome! Even after I finished reading the last page—another cliffhanger, ugh!—I instantly went back and started re-reading the highlights…which was nearly the whole book! The River of Time series just keeps getting better and better! (is it September yet??) I am really looking forward to how this series will be concluded. Tuscany continually grows on me, as it does on Gabi and Lia, and I can only hope that they decide to remain back in time w ...more
Preeti Joan
Sorry but I'm didn't find this book amazing, at all. It is such a let-down. I'm disappointed. :(

I'll explain later. :) Longer review coming up!

Like I said earlier in my temporary review, I was expecting a LOT from this sequel. It turns out that the book didn't not meet them. So here I am sitting outside our house having my pity party. Why's that? Here are a few things why:

1st: The events are repetitive. I've gone tired reading over and over again how they fought with the enemies and having Gabi
Melanie
Sep 11, 2011 Melanie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
I recently finished 'Waterfall' (which was the first book I've read by Lisa T Bergren) and I loved it so much that I was eagerly anticipating the next addition in 'The River of Times' series.

'Cascade' picks up where 'Waterfall' left off. Gabi and Lia return from their trip through time, but Gabi wants to return because the man she loves is there - Marcello.

Gabi and Lia return pretty much right away - with their mother this time - and learn that months have passed in Marcello's world. This time t
Julie Witt
Oct 04, 2011 Julie Witt rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
Oh My Gosh!! I can't believe this series just keeps getting better and better, but it does! Gabi and Marcello are just as adorable as ever, but now we get to see Lia and Luca get to know each other a little bit better. And now their mother is there, so that adds more intrigue, although she is a natural in historical Italy!

Basically, the girls convince their mother that they are not crazy and that they did in fact travel back in time to 14th century Italy, and they convince her to go back with t
Ochanya
Jan 21, 2012 Ochanya rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
NOW..... this one's totally worth all the fuss... the book was smokie hot... lol, couldn't sit still reading it. I must confess I had to read the last two chapters at some point, to be able to complete it.
As 'WOZA' as the book was, it would have been really cool to know what was going on in the heads of other besides Gabs... and for me the main character has totally got to be into God, which was really lacking in this book, if the author meant it to be christian, that is... she seems to have mo
Sierra Faith
Dana
I loved this book. I read this book faster than the first one Waterfall. If you like fast moving action, intenseness, adventure, time travel and romance you will like this one. An added bonus is learning a little bit about Italy's past but in a fun way, its hard to imagine living during those times. You need to read book one Waterfall first before you get to this one, in the mean time I am anxiously awaiting book 3 Torrent!
Aerykah
Great 2nd book! Really enjoyed this one too.
I just started book 3 - Torrent by Lisa Tawn Bergren.
Abbi
Sep 02, 2014 Abbi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Review to come!
River of Time Tribe: Cascade 70 33 Apr 04, 2016 02:00PM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 Nov 21, 2014 08:16AM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 1 Oct 22, 2014 01:59PM
Translation to Spanish, why not? 1 5 Jul 07, 2014 05:17PM
  • So Over My Head (The Charmed Life, #3)
  • Kingdom's Call (Kingdom, #4)
  • Dark Passage (Dark Mirror, #2)
  • The Guise of a Gentleman (Rogue Hearts, #2)
  • The Merchant's Daughter (Hagenheim, #2)
  • Ransome's Quest (The Ransome Trilogy, #3)
  • The Commander's Desire
  • Saphyre Snow
  • Dreamspell
  • A Lasting Impression (Belmont Mansion, #1)
  • The Redemption (Legacy of the King's Pirates, #1)
  • My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century (My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century, #1)
  • Surrender the Night (Surrender to Destiny, # 2)
  • Dare (Greystone, #2)
About

Lisa Tawn Bergren is the best-selling, award-winning author of over 40 books, with more than 2.5 million copies sold. She recently finished a teen series called Remnants (SEASON OF WONDER, SEASON OF FIRE, and SEASON OF GLORY). She's also written the River of Time Series (WATERFALL, CASCADE, TORRENT, BOURNE & TRIBUTARY, DELUGE) and The Grand Tour Series (GLAMOROUS ILLUSIONS, GRAVE CONSEQUE
More about Lisa Tawn Bergren...

River of Time (5 books)
  • Waterfall (River of Time, #1)
  • Torrent (River of Time, #3)
  • Bourne & Tributary (River of Time, #3.1 & #3.2)
  • Deluge (River of Time, #4)

2 trivia questions
3 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“Lia aimed, shifted and waited, watching one man peek out time and time again. She let her arrow fly anticipating his next peek at us and it pierced his eye.

“Okay that’s just going to make ’em mad ” I said.

“Three hundred and ninety-two ” she said to Luca tossing her braid over her shoulder and taking aim again.

“Saints in heaven ” he said to me rolling his eyes “how much deeper in love can I yet fall?”
61 likes
“They shall never believe that a young lord of Siena would march directly into their camp."
"And if they do?"
He gave me another small smile. "Then my beloved lady shall have to come and rescue me."

"Us," Luca corrected him, slurring his words now. "Have to rescue us."
He adjusted Luca across his shoulders. "Stay with me, Luca," he said sternly.

"Can't get much closer m'lord," Luca mumbled.”
37 likes