Start by marking “Facing the Giants: Never Give Up. Never Back Down. Never Lose Faith.” as Want to Read:
Facing the Giants: Never Give Up. Never Back Down. Never Lose Faith.

Facing the Giants: Never Give Up. Never Back Down. Never Lose Faith.

4.61  ·  Rating Details  ·  697 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
It’s been six years without a winning season and Coach Grant Taylor’s job is on the line. Unless the Shiloh Christian Eagles turn things around — and fast — he’s history. Unfortunately, their leading scorer has just left for a rival school and the team has lost its drive. The pressure is on.

On the home front, things aren’t much better for Grant. His house is falling apart.
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published July 12th 2011 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2007)

Jessica Lu
Although the book was a post-movie work, it was more enjoyable than the movie. I am grad that I watched the movie first as it helped me to get through the book easily.

There were great thoughts putting in structuring the novel. The chapters followed the football's timeline. Each sub-chapter was given a good title and with sessions named with the characters' to tell the story. The whole story flows beautifully and develops to the highly intensive ending victory.

Along the story, the motivative les
Elaine
Nov 22, 2008 Elaine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
(book, DVD, fiction)
a. I’ve watched the movie more than once so that in itself has to say something about this marvelously done movie and book. While the cover shows a football game, this story is not particularly about football. It’s about loving God in the midst of trials when things seem hopeless. Someone had asked Grant’s wife if she would still love God even if she might never have a child. After yet another negative pregnancy test, she tells God “I’ll still love you.”
b. The main character
Jeannie Faulkner Barber
Even if I weren't a huge football fan, I'd have fallen in love with this story. Again, Eric Wilson weaves a fast-paced, heart-touching story that easily explains the crucial need to let God be the center of everything in your life. The movie is just as emotionally swept as the book. I'm the proud owner of all three of Mr. Wilson's books AND the movies!
Jonathan
Feb 14, 2010 Jonathan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the movie and the book is great too (includes some stuff not in the movie)! I would highly recommend this to everyone! It provides a great Christ-centered philosophy on life!
Jacob
Oct 13, 2008 Jacob rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book about overcoming odds and winning a state championship.
Donna
Oct 29, 2012 Donna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book. Loved the movie also.
Jody
I know everyone, including myself, went crazy over this movie a few years ago. It was really good. But just as good as the movie was, this book was way better. It was better because I am way more of a book guy than a movie guy. If they never made another movie that would be fine with me. It seems that all they are doing now days is re-making the old ones. I remember bringing this movie home and sitting beside my wife while she cried her way through the tender parts. Yes, it was one of those movi ...more
Nolan
Oct 17, 2010 Nolan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me cry. No joke, tears where crawling out of my eyes. The theme of this book is to never give up, to have a positive look on the future and ask God for help when you need him most because he will answer your prayers. This book is about a coach at a high school who is a major christian. His team is not doing so great and hasn't won a game for 2 years. He is about to get fired because of this. On the other hand he has a beautiful wife who helps him succeed. This is an amazing story. ...more
Carol
May 20, 2011 Carol rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recommend this book!!!!!! Story is one of triumph over great odds because this little football team gave the glory to God win or lose. The writing was just OK but the story made it well worth reading. And the part at the end where the 2 authors who are brothers write about: How Dad Taught us to Face Our Giants is the best part because it's a real story! Real is always better in faith promoting stories! This is a great book for young boys who like football or anyone who likes to see the underdo ...more
Hunter Shelton
Oct 29, 2015 Hunter Shelton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well this book was actually really good it fascinated me the way it spoke Gods word through pages on a book it actually renewed my faith kinda. It made me remember how how god can do great things when he showed that kid that he can go a hundred yards when he only thought he could go twenty five. I thought it was inspirational how after 6 years of not winning a game how all they had to do was come together on one common thing Jesus Christ i think thats pretty cool
Zach Moore
Jan 30, 2014 Zach Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is fantastic. The fact that this book is about the best sport football makes it the best. This book is very christian based and teaches great principles that we need to include in our lives. Facing the Giants is inspirational and shows us that we can do anything with God on our side, and I really like how they show that life will still be hard but will be okay when we turn to God. Everyone should read this book it is amazing.
Wayne
Dec 28, 2012 Wayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
There is no better way to prove your faith than by showing guts and determination for wht you believe in. Whether it is on the sports field, at work or in life, if you have faith and give it your all and your best, then put the rest in God's hands and expect a miracle. Jay Austin dicovered this in Flywheel and now Grant Taylor has discovered it in Facing the Giants. This book will allow you to discover it too.
Danny
May 08, 2014 Danny rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
This book is about the trials of life and how religion is important. Grant is a coach for a catholic school and his life starts crumbling down after all these problems start coming up. On top of that his football team keeps losing, grant must talk with his lord and ask for help. During the course of this book we see the hand of god begin to work and help Grant with his challenges.
Laura Gomes
Jun 02, 2012 Laura Gomes rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book in part can remind me why God is so good! Although the style of how this book was written, seemed messy, maybe because it's more of a movie script. But the message is there and you can relate to the characters in the book. If you like American football, and like to hear about how God can work through difficulties than you should read this.
Audrey
Jun 26, 2012 Audrey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a good read. The book seems lengthy when you pick it up, but it moves quickly. It is an inspirational story tucked into football. You don't have to know much about football or really like football to enjoy this story. If you like books that involve inspiration and the role of God in ones life, you will like this book.
Tatyanna
May 28, 2014 Tatyanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
this book is about a football coach is going through somewhat of a hard time and lets his faith in god fade away for a little until he realizes that he needs to keep his faith in god and keep pursuing him and that he needs to leave everything in gods hands. and in the end god will take care of him.
Thebarrys10
May 31, 2011 Thebarrys10 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: five-star
I am thankful for books that remind me of my CHristian beliefs and help to make them stronger. SOme Christians do a really good job of 'talking of CHrist, rejoicing in Christ and worshiping Him ' no matter the outcome. THat is the central message of this book. So good!
Nolanturner
Dec 23, 2014 Nolanturner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I felt like I was reading the script from the movie. I enjoyed the movie, so that isn't much of a problem for me.

I love the idea of a loving Father that is watching us and caring for us...leading us through life if we will let him.
Angela
Mar 27, 2012 Angela rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 11+
This book tells us a little more about Grant, Brooke, David, and other characters from the movie "Facing the Giants." A very interesting book and good read, adds some interesting details that we didn't learn in the movie.
Dmack
Jul 17, 2013 Dmack rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Even though i've already seen movie 2-3 times and completely knew the story i still teared up several times during the book; very heart warming; and inspirational
Glenda
Seeing the movie again in a different way--through reading. A great reminder to never give up, never back down, and never lose faith. A great read!
Tish
Oct 10, 2014 Tish rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually saw the movie. I liked it
and found it to be very inspiring. I would
love to see more books like this turned into
movies.
D.M. Kilgore
Jun 23, 2012 D.M. Kilgore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful book by the amazing Eric Wilson... even if you've "seen the movie" you'll want to read the book! I loved it!
Kelli Shearron
Dec 04, 2013 Kelli Shearron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rdg-4050
This is an encouraging and inspiring book. This book would be good for male or female students. I love the message of this book.
Natalia
Mar 26, 2011 Natalia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was pretty good, if you've seen the movie it kinda ruins the whole book, but it also gives a new perspective to it.
Timothy Freigant
Another great book by the Kendrick brothers and Eric Wilson! Would definitely recommend to everybody.
Ed
May 25, 2015 Ed rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another Christian movie by the same guys who did Flywheel and Fireproof, re-done in book form. Enjoyable.
Abigail Richmond
That was Great!!! I think I enjoyed the book more than the movie, although both were Great!
Dana
Jan 01, 2012 Dana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A good adaption about the movie. A must read for fans of Christina fiction.
Winter Sophia Rose
Emotional, Inspiring & Uplifting & A Powerful Read! I Loved It!
  • Courageous
  • Stage Whispers: The Collected Timmy Quinn Stories
  • The Glimpse
  • Danger Close
  • Blown Coverage
  • A City Not Forsaken (Cheney Duvall, M.D. Series #3)
  • It Is Finished: Finding Lasting Victory Over Sin
  • Par for the Course
  • Frantic
  • Mandie Books Pack, vols. 16-20
  • The Ramparts of Heaven
  • The War Romance of the Salvation Army
  • The Eden Project (Peter Zachary Novel)
  • Mary's Blessing (McKenna's Daughters, #2)
  • It's Your Call: What Are You Doing Here?
  • Savior's Day
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • Bluegrass Hero (Kentucky Corners, #1)