Start by marking “The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned (Anne Rice)” as Want to Read:

The Vampire Chronicles: Interview with the Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles #1-3)

4.22 of 5 stars 4.22  ·  rating details  ·  8,526 ratings  ·  153 reviews
The hypnotic, deeply seductive novels of Anne Rice have captivated millions of fans around the world. It all began a quarter of a century ago with Interview with the Vampire. Now, in one chilling volume, here are the first three classic novels of The Vampire Chronicles.

INTERVIEW WITH THE VAMPIRE
Witness the confessions of a vampire. A novel of mesmerizing beauty and astonis
Published May 25th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published 1989)

To ask other readers questions about The Vampire Chronicles, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Vampire Chronicles

Samuel García
A classic trilogy. "Interview with the Vampire" is its own beast, while the other two go hand to hand as Lestat's answer to Louis' chronicle. While "Interview with the Vampire" is the better known of all the Vampire Chronicles, and the story is very good, Louis' bleak and whiny vision of the world drags down the reading experience. Lestat, on the other hand, enhances his own story, making it a very fun read. Best of the three would be the last one, "The Queen of the Damned", but you do need to r ...more
Alejandro
Done with Interview with the Vampire! I'd read it so long ago that I had forgotten a great deal of it, which left me with the same feeling of satisfaction you get when reading a new book. And I really enjoyed it -again. A reminder that vampires are supposed to be these cold, dead, murderous creatures; and not the pretty young playthings from most contemporary vampire stories. Now, on to the Lestat novel!

Update- Done with The Vampire Lestat. Not bad, but I have to say it wasn't quite as satisfyin
Adeelizabeth
While the first one is definitely the best, they all deserve 5 stars from me. I love Anne Rice's dark, mystical, romantic style. Great great stories.
Joe Vasquez
Author: Anne Rice
Genre: Science fiction
Rating: 4 stars

In the beginning we meet the Vampire named Lestat. He tells us about his life when he was a young boy, but does not spend too much time on that subject. He goes on and talks about his adventure with his pet dogs into the woods to hunt a few wolves that keep attacking the village. His mother and father order him to go and slay the creatures, so they send him off wit a mare and a nice, powerful gun. He finds out that there are nine wolves, and
Victoria
This omnibus edition, though a bit weighty, is a convenient way to carry the first three books in Rice’s Vampire Chronicles series. It is ideal for reading them back-to-back, but it does still contain three separate and complete books:

Interview with a Vampire: This is another one of the few books that I was familiar with the movie long before reading the book. In fact, the book has been on my to-read pile because of the movie for quite a long time. And actually, I enjoyed the novel even more tha
Scarlet
Nov 05, 2014 Scarlet marked it as against-anonymity
All my reviews are written using a pen name. I choose not to use my real name for my own protection and I won't be forced by anyone to do otherwise.

I have chosen not to read and review this book. You can find my reasons for this HERE.

Aurea
O.k if you *are* going to read something written by Anne Rice, do yourself a favor and read this three books. The rest of the chronicles I'm afraid are centered in the character's old past dwellings and in case that you like lestat -who becomes this super-marysue-laughable character, btw-, or fancied any of the other characters, these are the three books you *want to read*

Absolutely a must if you like vampire novels. Even when the author has grown to be a hated character, she redefined the genre
Samantha
Interview with a Vampire- I really liked this book it was as it was described on the back horrible in places but extremely compelling. I didnt find Louis melancholy to draining. But I do wander if this interview was the last thing he did before he was ready to end his life.

The Vampire Lestat- I think he is quite honestly insane. But I suppose that you can understand the torture of seeing time passing and you remaining the same but i am so glad that we find out that Louis is ok and Gabrielle is s
Book Wormy
159) Interview with the Vampire Anne Rice
���������������

Wow I love this story, I was immediately drawn into the richly described New Orleans of the late 1700's early 1800's and the story just got better.

The basic plot is that plantation owner Louis distraught by the death of his brother and his perceived role in it gives up caring for his own life he starts taking risks and courting danger, little does he realises that he has more to lose than just his life.

Louis is met by the vampire Lestat who
Jordan
Sep 17, 2007 Jordan rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: vampire fans, anne rice fans
Shelves: vampire, series
I got this book for Christmas and I only recently got into it. I have read Interview with a Vampire and enjoyed it very much. I'm about a 1/4 of the way through The Vampire Lestat and am enjoying that very much. It's good to get some foundation on Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles since I have read several of her other books before these 3. It's taking me so long to finish it because it is a bulky volume and not easy to lug around when traveling.
Belinda Long
I am currently only on page 62 of Interview with the Vampire. Already, I can say that this is a compelling read with a lot of philosophical and ethical pondering. It has certainly made me stop reading from time to time and examine my own ethics and philosophies. Already I can see how immortality gives Vampires an eternity to ponder things, and the conclusions they come to ring true even in mortality.
Kenneth Pierce
Fine. . .I admit it. I read all three. And they weren't that bad. Except for Queen of the Damned, which i likened to a snowball rolling down a mountain, gradually gaining in size and speed until it destroys a peaceful village below. Only the snowball is made of vampires. And it sucks. Lestat was the best of the three.

There. I finally said it. Wow, that's a massive weight off my shoulders.
Chris Johnson
Annie Rice's Vampire is one of lust and Romance. She brings in the era of the Vampire, a new craze that brings about the likes of Twilight Series and the Vampire Diaries. She gave the vampires a face and really shows the true life of a vampire. A fantasy world that is fun to read and without teen drama. Great read and wonderful stories!
Suzie
My family could tell you some stories about me reading these books, but I have to put them on my list because they did profoundly affect me at the time I read them, although it wasn't necessarily for good. I can't deny though that Anne Rice is a very gifted writer and establishes very, very interesting, fascinating characters and stories.
Mary
Interview with the Vampire was a twisted and disturbing book and I almost did not read on. Since I bought the trilogy all in the same book, I felt like I had to finish the whole thing otherwise I'd be giving up mid-book. I'm so glad I read on because The Vampire Lestat is a much better story and so far I am enjoying The Queen of the Damned.
Shal
Words can't describe how much I loved these three books (put into one simple convenient package!) My favorite of all of them has to be The Vampire Lestat. It completely repainted my image of him from the villian he was in the first book into this deep intriguing epitome of everything human.
Latin Temptress
Anne Rice is my all time fave writer. The Vampire Chronicles was awesome even if the movies sucked. Read also The Mayfair Witches chronicles and the Taltos chronicles, she truly is an amazing writer.
Kelli
I love Anne Rice and the entire Vampire Chronicles. Interview with the Vampire movie is one of my favorite movies. These books are captivating, dark, and beautiful. I fell in love with some of the characters.
Tony Canas
I really enjoyed having all 3 books in one book. Took me a while to get through all 3 of them and I'm not a huge fan of the middle one but overall an awesome set of novels.
Princessfaz
I loved these books and couldnt put down "Vampire Lestat", it was a real page turner. These were the first vampire books I read so they hold a special place in my heart. :)
Jayne Pixton
The book is very well written, I love Lestat would have to be my FAVOURITE vampires ever. I recomend this book to everyone becuase of the way it was written.
M.H.S. Pourri
Anne Rice is amazing. At first, I had a hatred for vampires till I read the series and I had a compassion and love for them.
Matthew Mcmillan
Interview has the view of Louis trying to understand his place in the world after he has been turned. The problem he has with this is that he is always trying to connect the life he had with the experiences of the undead. Through the book he meets others of his kind without getting the answers he looks for so often from them. Ultimatly he has to let go of what he thinks the meaning of life, good, evil, and God from the view of the living. This happens toward the end of the book so there isn't mu ...more
Laurel Pink
I love almost every Anne Rice I have layed eyes upon. The Vampire Lestat is still my favourite. oui oui.
Belinda
I decided to revisit these books recently and started from the beginning with this little collection. I am really glad I did this! I have such a different feeling than I did the first time I read them. Interestingly, I loved Interview much, much more than Vampire Lestat the first read and just the opposite this time. I found it interesting that age and experience actually changed my opinions on the characters. I remember loving Louis and wanting to smack Lestat a lot during my first read and I h ...more
Jamie Welch
Interview with...

One of the things I loved was hearing Luis' struggles and thoughts and witnessing the war that raged on inside him. It's interesting hearing a vampires own thoughts when faced with their impending immortality.
The story is told from Luis' point of view and sense the premise of the book is an 'interview with the vampire' it is essentially told in the third person so to speak. The story line, descriptions and events are perfect in the unique way that they are presented. You do fee
Lisa
Interview with the Vampire: 2.5 stars
I read this book a few months ago, and honestly, I don't see what all the fuss is about. I saw the movie many times before I read the book. I wasn't crazy about the movie either, but loved Antonio Banderas in it. It took me a long time to finish this book. I kept putting it down in favor of something more interesting. I found it to be very boring and long-winded. I've just started reading The Vampire Lestat and I already find it to be vastly more interesting.
Uniquely Tahira  Namreen
this collection of vampire tales by Anne Rice starts off with the story:Interview with the vampire,
In 1791, Louis was a young indigo plantation owner living south of New Orleans, Louisiana. Distraught with guilt over the suicidal death of his younger brother and seeking death in any way possible, Louis is approached by a vampire named Lestat, who desires for Louis company. Lestat turns Louis into a vampire (although initially Louis merely begs to be killed) and the two become immortal companions
Mahogany
This review is specific to my latest Anne Rice book, Interview with the Vamire. While Louis isn't as sexy or smart or savagely classy as Lestat he does have a certain appeal. However he lives his undead life so dead. My favorite character out of this book was opf course Claudia. She is me! She is the child vampire who was changed at such a young age she has no signs of humanity she is purely evil, purely monstrous a murderer who doesn't know what love is. MAN she is sexy! Her swagger is so ofici ...more
Holly Goodman
There really isn't much to say about these three books that hasn't been said by most other reviewers, is there? Anne Rice's vampires are second to none (view spoiler) and everything about these books is wonderful.

The pace is spot on. For someone who is averse to too much detail, this didn't have me skimming pages. Quite the opposite: I wanted to squeeze further into Anne Rice's world of vampires.

Each boo
What's the truth between the Vampire Chronicles characters? 2 6 Nov 15, 2013 10:19PM
  • Carrie / 'Salem's Lot / The Shining
  • Wicked / Son of a Witch (The Wicked Years, #1-2)
  • Jane Austen Seven Novels
  • Five Novels: Oliver Twist, A Christmas Carol, David Copperfield, A Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations
  • Ernest Hemingway: Four Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics)
  • Jules Verne: Seven Novels
  • American Gods / Anansi Boys: Coffret, 2 volumes
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer/Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/The Prince & the Pauper
  • Jurassic World: Jurassic Park / The Lost World
  • Classic Fairy Tales
  • Dracula and Other Horror Stories
  • The Complete Fiction
  • Seven Novels
  • The Martian Chronicles/The Illustrated Man/The Golden Apples of the Sun
  • Jane Eyre / Les Hauts de Hurle-Vent / Agnes Grey
  • Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Other Stories
  • Anne Rice's The Tale of the Body Thief (A Graphic Novel)
  • The Picture of Dorian Gray and Other Works (Halcyon Classics)
Anne Rice (born Howard Allen Frances O'Brien) is a best-selling American author of gothic, supernatural, historical, erotica, and later religious themed books. Best known for The Vampire Chronicles, her prevailing thematical focus is on love, death, immortality, existentialism, and the human condition. She was married to poet Stan Rice for 41 years until his death in 2002. Her books have sold near ...more
More about Anne Rice...
Interview with the Vampire (The Vampire Chronicles, #1) The Vampire Lestat (The Vampire Chronicles, #2) The Queen of the Damned (The Vampire Chronicles, #3) The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches, #1) The Tale of the Body Thief (The Vampire Chronicles, #4)

“how do you go on breathing and moving and doing things when you know there is no explanation?” 1 likes
“we do good when we make others forget their sorrow, make them forget for a little while” 1 likes