Start by marking “Watch Mommy Die” as Want to Read:
Watch Mommy Die

Watch Mommy Die

3.21 of 5 stars 3.21  ·  rating details  ·  148 ratings  ·  20 reviews
In The Hands Of A Sadist. . .

First, he bound and beat his girlfriend, a 43-year-old librarian. Then he went after her teenaged daughter--warning her, "Scream and I will kill you both"--before knocking her unconscious. When the teenager awoke, he proceded to rape her. And in a final horrifying act of depravity, he forced the girl to watch as he slit her mother's throat. But
Published May 1st 2011 by Pinnacle (first published January 1st 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Watch Mommy Die, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Watch Mommy Die

♥ Marlene♥
OMG this is not good. I have read just a little bit and except for the outcome I have been told everything I need to know.

Here I thought this author had written some great books. (this was based on the amount of books he had published) The one I had read of him was not so good as well which was The Burn Farm.

I do feel that with the coming of the ereaders and self published books, so many very badly written books have been published. It feels most books suck now and it is hard to find the good o
Ruth Turner
Lacking in emotion, poorly written, disjointed and often boring.

I'm not sure why I pushed myself to finish this book.
Syntactical Disruptorize
Why do so many half-witted hacks turn to true crime? Do they really think that a disjointed recital of the facts surrounding a murder, however horrific, will make for a compelling book? You have to have a narrative. This book sucks, as do too many of its kind.
This is another new to me True Crime author. This is also just one of those books I picked up at the library. Stephen Stanko was an ex-con and a published author. He used his status as a published author to impress people and glossed over why he went to prison. He had people convinced he was a nice guy. They are all nice guys until you find the bodies in the crawl space – sorry – wrong book.

He kept a scrapbook of serial killers, later it became apparent he was using it for ideas on how to become
Jen Walker
I liked the first half of this book, but stopped reading into the second half. I haven't read many of these types of books before but I thought this was just ok. I didn't like the second half because I really did not care to here about the killers previous crimes or life that really were not all that exciting.
Andrea Gordon
I wasn't entirely thrilled with the writing of this book. Also I felt a lot of details were missing. Preferring Ann Rule so far for true crime
I didn't like this book. I couldn't finish it. The story was good but I didn't care for the writing.
Stacy Sweeney favoroso
I love true crime books but I couldn't finish this book.
I am a true crime junkie. I hadn't heard about this case, or the events leading up to it, before reading the book. It was a bit hard to read, not because the writing wasn't clear or attention-getting, but because it is different, when you read of horrific crimes, and you know they really happened to someone. I found myself wishing that the events would change, that the people in the story would do something DIFFERENT, to make the outcome something other than what it was.
I read alot of true crime books but this one did not hold my interest. It was poorly written and oftentimes I thought the other was trying to be funny. I gave up in the middle. Although his crimes were horrific I just didn't care enough to find out what happened at the end.
Marianne Stehr
This is a very interesting book that follows the step by step violence and justice to killer Steven Stanko. I was unfamiliar with these crimes prior to reading the book and now feel very much the expert. It is a well written, well researched and detailed account of the violence, the victims, the criminal and the justice system of South Carolina. It is definitely one of the better true crime books I have read.
Lynda Kelly
I really enjoyed this if that's the right word.........I'd never heard of Stephen Stanko so he wasn't the prolific murderer HE thought he was !! A nasty piece of work for sure. A couple of his victims that survived were certainly very brave ladies and made sure he was going to pay for what he'd done-good for them !!
this is a true story and was hard to read, just because of what the story is about. It is actually informative and pretty well written, probably only emotion that keeps me from giving it 5. The woman from this story is from my hometown and went to my highschool
Paige Bradish
I didnt know if i'd like true crimes but i found out that i really do. I find them quite interesting. Which is good. I thought that when it got to the trial part that i was going to get really bored but i didnt at all.
Kaotickitten Box
The book was OK. There were editing issues that broke up the flow. Also the writer should have stuck to one name not switching between the given, nickname, and last names.
Suggested by a friend. The writing style was okay. This is a true crime novel, which I didn't know when I began reading. Very tragic story.
I enjoyed the book because I live in South Carolina and am familiar with the localities where the crimes were committed.
Terry Chambers
A very compelling read - did not want to put it down.
Sheri Minzey Tedford
Sheri Minzey Tedford marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Cassandra Shepherd
Cassandra Shepherd marked it as to-read
Aug 14, 2015
Jen marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
  • By Their Father's Hand: The True Story of the Wesson Family Massacre
  • No, Daddy, Don't!: A Father's Murderous Act of Revenge
  • Too Young to Kill
  • Dead And Buried: A Shocking Account of Rape, Torture, and Murder on the California Coast
  • Stolen in the Night: The True Story of a Family's Murder, a Kidnapping and the Child Who Survived
  • Blood in the Snow: The True Story of a Stay-at-Home Dad, his High-Powered Wife, and the Jealousy that Drove him to Murder
  • The World's Most Evil People
  • Such Good Boys: The True Story of a Mother, Two Sons and a Horrifying Murder
  • Cry Myself to Sleep
  • Helpless: The True Story of a Neglected Girl Betrayed and Exploited by the Neighbour She Trusted
  • I'll Take Care of You
  • Our Little Secret: The True Story of a Teenager Killer and the Silence of a Small New England Town
  • Girl in the Cellar
  • 501 Most Notorious Crimes
  • Cruel Doubt
  • She Wanted It All
  • Serial Killers
  • House of Evil
A Killer's Touch The Burn Farm Mommy Deadliest Betrayal In Blood Inside Secret Societies: What They Don't Want You to Know

“Murderers with severe personality disorders, police had learned, sometimes could fool a lie detector because they lacked shame and guilt, and didn’t feel the normal stress when lying.” 3 likes
“Vanderbilt University scientists had discovered chemically testable differences between psychopaths and others. One was the variance in levels of dopamine, a naturally produced chemical that contributed to a person’s motivation and pleasure. Those scientists concluded that the elevated level of dopamine was not an additional symptom to the personality abnormalities already known, but rather responsible for the personality changes.” 2 likes