Megan's Hero

Megan's Hero (The Callahans of Texas #3)

4.33 of 5 stars 4.33  ·  rating details  ·  594 ratings  ·  47 reviews
In this contemporary romance set in West Texas, a wealthy young rancher rescues a girl down on her luck. Will her life be changed forever?
Published June 1st 2011 by Fleming H. Revell Company

To ask other readers questions about Megan's Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Megan's Hero

Victoria Bylin
You know what I love most about Sharon's books? The stories are gentle, sweet and yet so full love you feel the characters in your bones. If I had to pick one word to sum it up, that word would be "grace." Graceful writing. A graceful message. A heroine in need of grace and a hero and family who are quick to give it. "Megan's Hero" is the perfect conclusion to the Callahan trilogy.
Karen
Once agian God worked a Miracle to show himself to a young lady that didn't believe. He showed himself in so many ways it was heart warming through and through.

I feel these three books should and could become the next great family tv show.
Kame
I adored this book! It was my favorite of the Callahan's of Texas series.

It takes place one year after Emily's Chance. Megan is a young unwed mother that must find a safe place during a tornado. After God spares her and her unborn child she promises to get to know God. And off she goes walking to find help, to be found by Will Callahan.

Megan left a horrible home life at 16 - her home life was the opposite of everything Will knew growing up. But somehow her true heart comes forward, but her past...more
Kristyn
My favorite of the series! Through the rest of the other books, Will seems more serious and reserved. But he ends up being the sweetest, biggest softie of them all! I thought the shopping chapter was so cute. I really liked Megan too, and all of the characters throughout these books.

The series has real-acting, sounding people, with realistic lives. Quite refreshing and interesting. A lot of research (or personal experience) has gone into all three books with the farming, ranching, and cowboy exp...more
Gabrielle Dominique
I am reading this in reverse chronological order, now I got spoilers for first and second book (ू˃̣̣̣̣̣̣︿˂̣̣̣̣̣̣ ू). I should've look this up on goodreads first, I thought this is a stand alone. Anyway I am lost in the story of Megan and Will. The story talks about faith, hope, friendship, love and many more. But what I admire most is faith, not just faith in others but faith in God. I have read another book that involves faith in God too but it has some mishaps that had me waver my faith.. not...more
Polly
This is book 3 in the series. I loved it. From the exciting, scary miracle that was the start of the book, to the wonderful family scene at the end. These books by Ms Gillenwater are wonderful. Each one a rich tapestry of a story centered around the Callahan family, their love for each other and for God.
Ashley LaCombe
If you are a fan of Christian romance then you will like this book. I really enjoyed it, I just wish there was a little more conflict then there was...it was a little predictable but overall a good book :)
Guadalupe Long
Book was better than the second book but not as good as first. Still a good Christian romance very sweet. I enjoyed the ending and the epilogue was a treat glimpse into all their futures!
Ellen Ramey
I loved this entire series. Stories of faith, hope, courage and love. Thank you, Ms. Gillenwater. I've already downloaded your other available Kindle works.
Charlotte
Good clean love story. Thought the author could have made it more suspenseful. Overall a good book, great characters, good storyline.
Elisabeth
My favorite of the series since Will seemed the most flawed to me. During the reading though, I realized what my issues were with the first two-the romances were so short!

Granted, in Jenna's Cowboy, Jenna and Nate had known each others since they were teenagers but as stated in my review of that book, there was no "will they/won't they" apprehension. In Emily's Chance and Megan's Hero though, the main characters knew each other for only a few weeks before getting married. Not just engaged but al...more
Virna
this story is sweet with a good message about god ,and great ending .
Laura YA indie princess
I loved it so sad to see this series end.
Title: MEGAN’S HERO
Author: Sharon Gillenwater
Publisher: Revell
June 2011
ISBN: 978-1-8007-3355-1
Genre: Inspirational/contemporary romance

Megan Smith is pregnant and on the run. She’s not sure where she’s going, but she had to get out of her apartment, give up her job, and has been living in her van. But a tornado in West Texas blows the windows out of her van and she takes cover in a bar ditch, begging God to spare her baby.

Will Callahan finds her on the road, and he makes sure she gets taken to...more
The Literary Maidens
// Review By Madi //

I love this book so much! This entire series is great. The other two books in this trilogy are Jenna's Cowboy and Emily's Chance, and I have read them both, but this has to be my favorite out of the three. I've read "Jenna's Cowboy" and "Emily's Chance" multiple times, but my library didn't have Megan's Hero so I just bought it (a bit frivolous I know, but I had to know how the Callahan's story ended!). And I'm so glad that I splurged a little bit, it was totally worth it! Wi...more
Pattianne
MEGAN'S HERO - THE CALLAHANS OF TEXAS #3 - (Megan and Will)

Six months pregnant, unmarried, broke, and alone, Megan Smith doesn't think things can get much worse--and then they do. Stuck on the road without shelter when a tornado appears, Megan barely escapes with her life. And when Will Callahan comes upon her in the road, her life will never be the same. While staying at the Callahan family ranch, she finds herself daring to love again, even while she suspects that Will's affection for her can'...more
Nancy Stopper
I think what I liked most about this book is how the relationship between the female character and God was different in each book of the trilogy. In book one, Jenna's relationship with God was long-standing. In book 2, Emily had come to Christ as a young adult, after living a "less than pure" life. In book 3, Megan came to God at the beginning at throughout the book. Each started the story in a different place and had different struggled to overcome. I liked Will a lot in this story and happy he...more
Pamela Weaver
The best series ever.

It was heartfelt and warm. beautiful Christian family who cared and were so loving. I hope a 4th book in the series will be written.
Jeannie Lee
This book was extremely touching. I found myself in tears several times as I pondered how bleak life would be for Megan before she came to Callahan Crossing. I really enjoyed the developing romance between Megan and Chance. Having read the other books in the series, it was so fun to have the entire clan in the book, making it feel like I was watching it really happen instead of reading a fictional story. There was no real difficult complication that had to be dealt with, only Megan learning to b...more
Beth
Great series. I think I enjoyed this one the most!!!
Regan
This is one of my favourite series! It is a great read and is good if your looking for a romance that also incorporates the ideas of christianity. I highly recommend not just Megan's Hero but also the other two books in the series.

I also think that it would be awesome if the author developed a fourth book for the series to look at what happens after a few years. (just a thought!).
Christine
So there are still good people everywhere. I must not lost hope. :)
Nellie
Fun series. I would read more from this author. Cute, clean romances. Christian theme.
Megan is caught in a tornado, and tries to save a trucker who is also hurt. She is rescued by Will, but she is very pregnant.
Angela

Good CLEAN romance. Even though the prominent religion in the book is not the same as mine, we have very similar values. Not a thought provoking story, yet an easy fun read.
Dee
Two-haiku review:

Alone and pregnant
God saves her from tornado
Will is her hero

Third book in series
Better Christian romances
Faithful, not preachy
Carolyn
Definitely the best of the series. The previous one nearly ruined it, but I am glad I read this one anyway.
Sharon Giddens
Such a wonderful book. I couldn't wait to find out other books by this author. Warm and fuzzy reading.
Rachel
The book was too predictable. The characters were too perfect. Too sappy for me.
Laymonworks
Another good one. It finished the story, from yet another person's point of view.
Heather
I enjoyed this series and zipped through it very quickly. A great family.
  • Hello, Hollywood! (Backstage Pass, #2)
  • In Too Deep (Kincaid Brides, #2)
  • Menu for Romance (Brides of Bonneterre, #2)
  • A Texan's Choice (Heart of a Hero, #3)
  • Word Gets Around (Daily, Texas #2)
  • High Desert Haven (The Shepherd's Heart, #2)
  • Dawn Comes Early (The Brides of Last Chance Ranch, #1)
  • Finally a Bride (Texas Boardinghouse Brides, #3)
  • The Trouble with Cowboys (A Big Sky Romance #3)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Along Came a Cowboy (Pinky Promise Sisterhood, #2)
  • Stealing the Preacher (Archer Brothers, #2)
  • When All My Dreams Come True (Colorado Runaway, #1)
  • My Foolish Heart (Deep Haven, #4)
  • Scattered Petals (Texas Dreams, #2)
Jenna's Cowboy (The Callahans of Texas, #1) Emily's Chance (The Callahans of Texas, #2) Love Song (Palisades Pure Romance) Home Sweet Texas Antiques (Palisades Pure Romance)