Start by marking “All For You” as Want to Read:
All For You

All For You

3.42 of 5 stars 3.42  ·  rating details  ·  296 ratings  ·  44 reviews
The new fabulously addictive read from the No. 1 bestselling author

As TV's favourite weather forecaster, Lainey is good at making predictions. But what she doesn't foresee is that her own life is about to hit a stormy patch. With a string of failed relationships behind her, surely history isn't about to repeat itself with her beloved Ken? To add fuel to the fire, her estra
Published July 1st 2011 by Headline Publishing Group (first published 2011)

To ask other readers questions about All For You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All For You

Best Books To Read
I have read every one of Sheila O’Flanagan’s books and have enjoyed every single one of them. This seemed like a different type of book, and with a subject matter that many can empathise with. Deanna Ryan is a character that takes a while to connect with. After the initial first few chapters are read, you begin to get an idea of the bigger picture in the lives of the Ryan women. Lainey on the other hand is a wonderful character that you instantly love. She is the very successful weather
presente
Margi
This was a reasonable read. It was a bit drawn out and I found myself skipping pages here and there.
I had no time for Deanna, Lainey's mum who literally left Lainey with her grandparents as a baby without any discusssion with the grandparents. Not to mention that she fled Ireland and headed to America when she just snuck out one day. Gosh! Is that selfish, irresponsible and pathetic or what? Deanna thought her daughter would be better off with them and didn't feel she could juggle her passion to
Din
Overall this was an easy book to read. The story was interesting in that it looked at mother, daughter and grandma relationships. The look at the relationship over three generations was an interesting approach.
Fiona
I was really disappointed with this book, I normally adore this author but for some reason i found the whole thing a huge struggle. I loved Lainey but wanted to slap her for her notions on men and marriage, I hated Deanna for being an over the top feminist and shoving her views down everyones throat. Madeleine ( Deanna's mum ) was the only character I truely warmed to and the long concealed family secret didn't do it for me at all. The snippets regarding meterology intrigued me but on the whole ...more
Bambola
Yes, pretty good. Strong characters and I am always a sucker for the Irish chick-lit!
Cath
Lainey is a popular forecaster on the national TV, but unfortunately she can’t say the same about her love life. She has been dumped a couple of times and engaged twice. Now she has a new boyfriend, Ken, but is he Mr. Right?

To make it worse, her estranged mother, Deanna, has returned to Dublin. She’s a high-profile feminist and she doesn’t approve of Lainey’s choices. Especially when it comes to men. After all her failures, this isn’t exactly what she needs now.
As Lainey thought she was up-to-da
Abbie Proctor
I really liked the addition of the feminist character, Deanna, to add something different to the book. It wasn't as predictable as I was expecting but I found that the ending was a bit of a let down, it just felt like the book had stopped before it should've done. Overall a very good, light hearted book.
Katie
Like most Sheila O'Flanagan books, I found it a little slow to get going, but it was good once it did. It told an interesting story about family and discovering oneself, and the love life was just one of many strings in the lives of these women. It is also especially refreshing reading women's fiction about women who so clearly love what they are doing with their lives. Hearing the views of feminist Deanna also gave me great pause for thought on my own views of the subject, being from a later ge ...more
Aileen
Lainey Ryan is a famous weather forecaster, the books starts with her
going to her best friend’s wedding it is raining as she predicted she
is never wrong. She has a boyfriend Ken she thinks he may be “the one”
after several failed relationships, but does he feel the same as she
does? Then she has a phone call from her mother (Deanna) to say she is
coming back to Dublin for a month or longer, can things get any worse?
I have read most of the books by this Author, I did enjoy this book,
but it wa
Carole
Lainey Ryan a popular weather girl and great at her job, a habit of Mr Wrongs in her love life. Each one she believed was Mr Right and heartbreak. Add to this her estranged mother a highly successful feminist returns to Dublin .
Her mother has always been dismissive of Lainey's choices however there is more to her mothers past than Lainey knows.
As it all unravels Lainey realises a happy ever after is not always so simple.

A brilliant read. Well written and researched and no idea how idea how it
Hildur Ingvason
Not the average story for a chick lit. I found the book too long for my taste. But I finished the book which I don't always do these days, so it still was somewhat interesting.
Sana
The first book I read by Sheila O'Flanagan and I will not hesitate to say the book was a huge let down. I would give it a forced 1 star out of 5. This book bored me to bits and till the end, it kept me under the impression that the author wanted all men eradicated from this planet! There is a certain degree of feminism that's hugely enjoyable but this was way past that, which turned it to a sore drag. However, there were bits that actually sparked some interest but then again, the author failed ...more
Zanna Mackenzie
Sory, tried to get into this book several times but gave up in the end. I used to really like Sheila's books but I guess my reading styles have changed because this was no-go for me.

There are a lot of flashbacks which slow things down with one of the character's stories and lots of the story is about women's rights so it all gt a bit boring in my opinion.
Helena
I liked this book. At first I felt it might be hard to get into, but I liked the family dynamics and appreciated how everyone's life wasn't perfect and didn't wrap up neatly. It didn't end as typically as I thought it would, which I appreciated. Predictable endings can be annoying, but this one ended with a bunch of stories left open-ended but in a satisfying way.
Hazel
I enjoyed this story of a young woman learning about and getting to know her famous feminist mother after being brought up by her grandparents in sleepy Ireland. Sounds a bit tame, but really there is more to it - bit of a love story, bit of a dark secret etc. A really nice story of 3 generations of strong, yet in many ways vulnerable women. One for the girls :)
Mrs J
A really engaging book. I really enjoyed the fact that it wasn't all about shopping (yawn) or getting a man. It was excellent that there were lots of very well developed female characters too. Also a really enjoyable exploration of feminism. And I loved that the main character was single without a real prospective man in sight at the end.
Brittany
First book of hers I read, I will definitely read more! Wonderfully written book, great views on feminism and interesting information on weather. Its about discovering who you are as a person and the journey that can be and at the end of the day realizing you have to be true to who you are.
Päivi
I really enjoyed this book. This was my second book from Sheila O Flanagan and i have liked them both. I like the story as well as the caracters. Easy to relay to and so different from each other. Gets you thinking.
I only want to read more of her books.
Val
The most pointless book I have ever read,weak storyline & characters totally unbelievable. Only continued to read in the hope it improved but sadly not. have read other books by the same author which have been enjoyable but sadly not this one.
Kim
Lainey was brought up by her grandparents. Her mother, a feminist , is returning to Ireland. Lainey is looking for love- and has a trail of broken engagements.

I did enjoy this one- but it wasn't one of my favourite Sheila O'Flanagan.
Jo
Even though I didn't much like the main characters of Lainey or Deanna I did get to like this book. It isn't one of her strongest tales - and was a bit disappointed over the ending - I was sure Lainey would end up with Shay!!!
Pamela
I've loved a lot of O'flanagan's books. However, this is not one of them. This book was really disappointing. I actually can't believe I finished it. Mind you, I skimmed through it. Not one of her best that's for sure
Jacki
I couldn't get into this book at all, I've read other's by this author and enjoyed them but I gave this up after 100 or so pages, there was nothing happening in it at all and I didn't like any of the characters,
Michelle Darry
Nice story and I particularly liked the flashbacks of the main characters lives. I did however, expect a lot more from this book and I was disappointed by the short ending. Not bad though.
Jacqueline
I found this an interesting story and really disliked Deanna! but the ending was a bit of a disappointment and the family background details about Lainey's father weren't very believable!
Lynda
How I love Sheila o'Flanagan 's books-they never fail to be a good read but don't necessarily give you exactly the ending you were expecting! A great read.
Emma
Very likeable. A bit different from your usual chick lit book (slower pace, for example) especially when it comes to the ending.

GREAT women characters.
Leah
I just couldn't get into this at all. Which is strange as I've loved Sheila's other books. This one just wasn't for me for some reason.
Tiina
Easy to read, interesting enough story. This was okay even though there was no-one in the characters that I could have really related to.
Sueb
Supposedly a Sunday Times no. 1 best seller. Book flits backwards and forwards with sometimes a bit too much useless information
  • Me & My Sisters
  • Wrapped Up in You
  • Life Over Easy
  • Sheer Mischief
  • The Life You Want
  • Impeding Justice  (A Lorne Simpkins Thriller, #2)
  • Walking Back to Happiness
  • Confetti Confidential (Isabel Bookbinder #3)
  • The California Club
As you can see, a Dubliner all my life. My parents owned a grocery shop in the Iveagh Markets, in the Liberties area of the city and I guess city blood runs through my veins.

As a child I enjoyed reading and telling stories and everyone thought that I end up in a job which had something to do with books and literature. But though I applied for a job in the library all of the job offers I got were i
More about Sheila O'Flanagan...
Bad Behaviour Isobel's Wedding Too Good to Be True My Favourite Goodbye Yours, Faithfully