Start by marking “Drive Me Wild: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance” as Want to Read:
Drive Me Wild: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance

Drive Me Wild: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Texas Heat Wave)

3.6 of 5 stars 3.60  ·  rating details  ·  487 ratings  ·  18 reviews
In Julie Ortolon’s novel of small towns and big dreams, a devastatingly handsome anchorman thinks he has seen it all—until he rediscovers the girl next door.

Owner of the face that launched a thousand newscasts, drop-dead-gorgeous TV anchor Brent Michaels returns to his Texas hometown for a good cause: playing the bachelor in a dating game fund-raiser. He couldn’t refuse
Published May 4th 2011 by Loveswept (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Drive Me Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Drive Me Wild

Juliana
(3.5 stars) My first book by Ortolon was Lead Me On and I really enjoyed it and gave it 4 stars. Drive Me Wild was entertaining, but I don't think I would reread it because of several issues I had with the story/characters.

My biggest was Laura's (the heroine) realization of love for Brent (our hero) happened **WAY** too soon. Two days after seeing each other for the first time in ten years she realizes she's in love with him? I don't think so! Once the story moves to Houston and their relationsh
Anica
Well, I can't say that I didn't like this book because it had its moments, sure. But I somehow I expected more. I mean the whole dating thing (which was actually one of the reason why I bought this book) was over on 2 pages. And what annoyed me even more was (even though English isn't my mothertongue!) that the author didn't know the word "around" at all. Cause every time she used "about". Which was wrong nearly every damn time and it bugged me so so much!
Besides, the story was OK-ish. But someh
thegirlinpink
Aug 15, 2011 thegirlinpink rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance Junkies
Shelves: chic-lit, romance
What’s it about? Big town news anchor Brent Michaels returns to his (small) hometown after he is invited to participate in the annual fair game by long time High School friend Laura Beth. Brent is reluctant to return to the town where he was made an outcast but the respect, gratitude and love he has for Laura Beth gives him the strength to return. While he soon regrets his return, after he causes some old and new gossip to stir, he also realizes that he has been in love with Laura Beth for many ...more
❀ ℓu-ℓu-ℓuna ❀
Julie Ortolon's characters are so lovable! And this bad boy hero sure makes me want to wish all news anchorman are just as tastefully hunky as him!

Story goes...hot, famous news anchor Brent Michaels is called back home (despite his reluctance to ever go back to the place that made his childhood hellish) to participate in a Bachelor auction game. He couldn't resist his friend Laura Beth who was a lil' girl no more. In fact she had grown into a beautiful woman who tugged more than just his heartst
Lisa
I wanted to like this book more but "Laura Beth" drove me a little crazy. It was your typical Chick-Lit/Contemporary Romance Novel. The dark, broody, strong man comes to town and unintentionally sweeps a girl off her feet. That's all good and fine. In fact, I expect it. But that doesn't mean I don't want to see the female character fight a little. I still want the characters to have some depth. Laura Beth was so set in her ways and Brent never gave in either. They didn't seem like they were open ...more
Heather
I really enjoyed this story. A love story that takes time to develop and it makes both Laura and Brent look at their present lives and their childhoods and how both have formed who they are not only as individuals, but also how they will work as a couple.
marieno
It's the first book by Julie Ortolon I read. I liked it. Her characters Brent and Laura Beth had great chemistry. The small town setting was nice. The story and written style were great too.
Katie
A sweet, but misguided man comes back to his hometown and falls hopeless in love with a woman that he thinks he can't have because of his poor background. It is a tale of love triumphing!
Marj
Rating: 3 1/2 stars – the plot was interesting but for some reason, it was hard for me to finish this novel as quickly as i would have liked it to be.
Tasha
Ortolon's debut novel and a great, fun read filled with awesome characters. I fell in love with them almost immediately and enjoyed the whole book a lot.
Emily
Typical romance between some hot man and some lonely hot girl. Quick, easy, summer reading that gets the job done when you have nothing else to read.
Resti  Triyuliandha
read this last night because i couldnt sleep.
i still dont like greg. and although greg and melody meant to each other. i still dont like it.
Sandhya
This is one of the first book i read ever...and i loved it!
Easy, funny and sweet romance.
i would like read it again once i get a chance.
Kasey
Pure crap...easy read. I got it from the little work library where people bring in their old books. I know now why no one wanted to keep it.
LibraryDanielle
a kind of average chick lit romance, but it kept my mind occupied.
Maru
Una linda historia.corta, entretenida y facil de leer.
Rebekah
Not as good as other books by this author.
Kathi
Couldn't finish it. Trashy.
Priscilla
Priscilla marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Toni N
Toni N marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Lily (Lily Pond Reads)
Lily (Lily Pond Reads) marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2014
Diiana
Diiana marked it as to-read
Nov 12, 2014
Princess
Princess marked it as to-read
Nov 10, 2014
Reenie
Reenie added it
Nov 03, 2014
Steph Hren
Steph Hren marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Jeri
Jeri added it
Nov 01, 2014
Amy Fox
Amy Fox marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Kelli
Kelli marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
  • Maybe Baby
  • Then Comes Marriage (Hot Water, California, #2)
  • How to Trap a Tycoon
  • And Then He Kissed Me
  • On Thin Ice
  • Getting What You Want (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Phi Beta Bimbo
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • 7 Days and 7 Nights
  • Be My Baby Tonight (The Trehan Brothers, #2)
  • Kiss the Cook
  • Suddenly Sexy
  • Underfoot (Bellagio #2)
Most authors will tell you they've been writing and reading since childhood. Not me. I hated reading and never imagined I'd someday be a writer. Of course, the fact that I have dyslexia probably has a tiny bit to do with my aversion to the written word.

Nonetheless, I had a very active imagination and spent most of my school years staring out the window dreaming up stories. When I finally escaped t
More about Julie Ortolon...
Almost Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #1) Just Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #2) Too Perfect (Perfect Trilogy, #3) Falling for You (Pearl Island Trilogy, #1) Lead Me On (Pearl Island Trilogy, #2)