Start by marking “Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)

Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7)

3.94 of 5 stars 3.94  ·  rating details  ·  3,134 ratings  ·  232 reviews
After her car plummets off a bridge, Isabel, a world-weary photojournalist, struggles between life and death when she's saved by the Water Goddess-with one tiny caveat: Isabel must travel to another time to seduce the legendary Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere.

The handsome knight is a dream for any woman in any century. But Isabel is the one who's seduced by King
Published December 21st 2010 by Piatkus Books (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Legend, please sign up.

Jamnheart No. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek…moreNo. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek Mythology I'd read 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. The 4th one has more to do with a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and the 7th one has to do with King Arthur's time.(less)

Cara
Terrible. My intelligence as a reader is insulted, and I am so angry with the horrendous laziness of this book that I can barely think straight. The Goddess Summoning series, once terrific, is turned to absolute garbage in this book. It can't even redeem itself with passionate love scenes between the main characters. I'm trying desperately to find something nice to say for the author of Goddess of Spring, a book that I adored, but I cannot. This is just lazy, lazy writing. You can't leave the he ...more
Gemmoi
I really wanted to enjoy this book as I am a Goddess fiction fan, however I was very disappointed. This review may contain spoilers.

Cons:
The book was difficult to get into at the start as it kind of dragged.
As a fantasy Romance tale targeted at a younger audience similar to HON, this heroine Isabel was too old.
Isabels profession as a photographer had no relevance to the story
The old English was a bit difficult on the eye and detracted from the story, although I guess it's there for authenticit
Nightfalltwen
Okay that is 309 pages of my life that I will never get back. This woman writes like a 17 year old girl.

I regret reading this book.

Okay... So here's something a little more in depth.

The writing was choppy at best. And everyone seemed to cotton on to Isabel's way of speaking like it wasn't ridiculous. None of the characters had any meat to them outside of Mordred. Isabel was the epitome of a Mary Sue. She was perfect in every way, everyone enjoyed her company, everyone loved her.

And okay, I'll ex
Patrícia
Noortje de Graaff
Amazing book! I'm a great fan of the House of Night series written bij Pc Cast and her daughter, and this one is just as good!
It's about the king Arthur legend, but shed in a whole different light as Isobel, a modern age woman dies and is send back in time to the age of camelot bij the Lady of the Lake. There she needs to fall in love with Lancelot (to bring Gwen and Arthur back together) but fate takes a funny turn when she falls in love with Arthur in stead.
I loved reading about how Isobel an
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Pixie
*WARNING SPOILERS*

It was alright, I guess.

That's probably the worst thing anyone can say about a book. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was meh.

Now, this came as a bit of a disappointment to me. The first book in the series was weird, but I was prepared, thanks to your lovely selves. I really enjoyed the rest of the series, and then came this one.

It was really confusing at the beginning, and I often had to read the page twice before I understood it. The writing was stilted and muddled, and don
Chuckie
I didn't think there could be a book that is worse than Twilight...
Tara van Beurden
This was by far the worst of the Goddess Summoning books, which perhaps had something to do with the fact that Cast wrote this in conjunction with another writer. Not that Cast is necessarily a stellar writer, but her lack of attention to this story in light of her work on the House of Night series seems to be the key driver behind the poor storytelling in this one. The one thing that helps it is the humour in the second half, but that’s if you can get to it. The language is jarring, and somehow ...more
Bookaholics
Goddess of Legend by P. C. Cast
Paranormal Romance –Dec. 7th, 2010
4 stars

Goddess of Legend is the 6th in P.C Cast's Goddess series and I hope not the last! This book centers around the King Arthur legend as the heroine Isabel is sent back in time to seduce Lancelot!

In this story the heroine, Isabel has a car accident but is saved by the Goddess of Water. The Goddess makes a deal with Isabel. If she can make King Arthur happy by seducing Lancelot from Queen Guinevere she can have her life back. I
Cris
This was my least favorite Goddess Summoning novel. Only the verbal humor in the latter half of the novel lifted this book from a 1 star "didn't like" to a 2 star "it was okay". The character development was spotty and inconsistent with many characters being nauseatingly perfect. The plot also seemed rather weak and the ending while very 'perfect' and romantic was unconvincing and *way* too convenient.

Some issues that, in my opinion should be major issues causing much angst and dissension, are a
Steph
I love this series, and have read the 5 previous Goddess summoning books. However, this one is a bit too similar to goddess of the sea, and became ultimately forgettable. Compared to the rest especially, this one is a bit of a let down. It's not awful or anything, still quality writing and a good read, but while the others in this series manage to maintain a completely individual plot and characters from each other, this one is too similar to goddess of the sea. It was almost as if this were a s ...more
Kristal  Hollis
Reviewed by The Season: www.theseasonforromance.com

A Goddess will do anything…including challenging the fates and rewriting the history, all for the love of Merlin.

Devastated by war, award-winning photojournalist, Isabel Cantelli returns to her native Oklahoma hoping to soothe her battle-scarred soul. Little does she know that the whispers of an ancient magick has been sent forth through all the ages to find one, just as her.

Careening off a bridge and plunging into Grand Lake, Isabel didn’t see
Star (The Bibliophilic Book Blog)
Isabel, back from spending time with the troops in Afghanistan, is trying to rediscover the beauty in the world. At the same time, yet not quite, the Water Goddess - also known as Vivianne - is looking for someone who can save Camelot and restore Merlin into her loving embrace. When Isabel's car goes off a bridge on her way back home, Vivianne brings her back to King Arthur's court with one mission: seduce Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere, thus restoring the balance. But Isabel - and Ar ...more
Jordan
Wow!
Wow!
Yes I said it again because frankly it bore repeating.
I am personally going to thank my Liberian for recommending this series to me.
This was one of my two favourite books I this series because I just love stories that have a connection to the middle ages. There’s just something about a knight you know.
Anyway this book is for mature readers and l love P.C Cast for them. The concept is totally amazing. Yes there are books were the person is from the middle ages or were the person goes bac
Naomi
Awful, just...just awful.

I had to read this book for this library club that I'm doing and it is absolutely awful.

Are there any other words I could use to describe this?

(terrible, horrible, the epitome of evil, an insult to literature)

Isabel was so completely up herself! She was NOT charming, she was NOT funny, she was just irritating and irrationally impulsive.

I just...URGH! And the ending was so predictable that my 9 year old brother could have written it. Actually no, Joshua would have at leas
Debbie
This is one of my all time favorites series and feel it took much to long for this newest book to finally come out. Once again I was transported and enchanted by the story woven by PC Cast wherein a present day woman is transported in the realm of mythological legends - this time to Camelot. A departure from her typical stories based on Greek mythology, but no less enjoyable. I so thoroughly enjoyed it I did not want it to end. A series recommended to all who love both great romance and mytholog ...more
Jodi
I really enjoyed the book the only reason i gave it 3 stars instead of more was because like other reviewers i was a bit disappointed in P.C Casts lack of research also the ending was a bit weird... like all the reincarnations having exactly the same names. Also Merlin's character was truly pathetic.. woe to me sort of stuff.

pros:

Quite a good, fun book to read when you don't want to take things to seriously.
Gwen.. My favourite character she truly is a spoilt teenager and i think that it is pro
Clark
I guess I spoke too soon when I said that I was sure this book was sure to be as good as the last 2 books I read from PC Cast. I did not like this book at all. I thought the characters were a little too forced and had no chemistry with each other. It was trying too hard to be funny when it wasn't.

I dislike that the heroine was already 43 years old. At that age, she should already be married and the least of her troubles should be looking for a mate! I also found it repugnant that she was lustin
Burak Uluışık
Yine bir günde bitirdim evet bu seriyi çok seviyordum ama bu kitap diğerlerine benzemiyordu. O masalsı hava yoktu bunda. Hani beğenmemek değilde sinir olduğum bir nokta vardı herkes resmen kralla kraliçeyle laubali bir şekilde konuşuyordu. Abi siz kral kraliçesiniz ya ne bu saçmalık az ağırlığınız olsun. Yok sen benim dostumsun yok arkadaşımsın bla bla bla. Son da çok dandik bağlandı ya neyse.
Merve  Özcan
Çok güzel başlayan bir seriye rezil bir son. Dedim ama kimseye dinletemedim. 1. ve 2. kitap gözümde tapılasıdır. 3.'nünde gideri vardır ama ondan sonra aklımdaki tek düşünce bir seri bu kadar rezil edilemez. Bu kitap içinde aklımda iki şey var; 1 kötü adam nerde, 2 sonunu yazarken yazar pembe baloncuklar kusmuş mu?
Maya Manalao
This book is amazing. I gave it 4 stars since I'm not an avid fan of s*x, but all in all, this book is a must read.

The plot, the characters and the story is irresistible. I love them. Can't wait to buy the other Goddess Summoning books. :)))
Selin
Sevmedim ben bu kitabı ya... Çok basit geldi. Ben daha çok aldatma psikolojisi daha çok aşık bir adam beklerdim. Uğruna öleceğin kadar sevdiğin bir insan seni aldattığında bunu öylece kolay atlatamazsın yani en azından depresyona girer kimseye güvenemezsin. Bir de bu adam kral!
Emretmeye ve ittaat edilmeye alışık biri nasıl olur da bu kadar rahat olabilir?
Peki ya o kadın güya aşık olduğu adam savaşta ölmüş blah blah... Hiç mi üzülmez, tamam hayatı değiştir falan da yani romantizm yönünden hiç et
Maxi Shelton
P.C. Cast has a way of taking you out of this world, into a different time, place and sometimes body. Each book is bursting with passion, love and adventure. Thoroughly enjoyed the complete series.
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
One of the weaker books in the Goddess Summoning series. Considering this is Camelot, I don't think all the slang worked. It was distracting. However, it was an entertaining read.
Delaney Knottnerus
I bought this book awhile ago. When I was in high school, I had read several other books in this series and was interested in reading this one about King Arthur. After reading this, I've realized how much more of an intelligent reader I have become and I'm rather upset about the waste of time reading this book was. I don't even want to own it. There were times while reading I had no idea what was going on because the author would just bring in characters and they would start speaking when they h ...more
Amy Smith
Right... where do I start? The concept for this book seemed interesting at the time to teenage me, so I thought why not? I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately the book did not come together for me.
This is the story of a women who gets sent back to the times of Arthur and the Round Table to seduce Lancelot. Fair enough. However, the book was badly written and felt more like a fan-fiction. The characterisation was poor and the plot was uninteresting and predictable.
This book may appeal to younger t
Tahnee
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! The first one I have read by PC Cast, I think we have a long relationship ahead of us
ஐ Canan ஐ `·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._
aslında iyiydi ama sürekli bir döngü var seride bu biraz sıkılmama sebep oldu...
ve birde alelacele bitirilen o son...
  • Dustin Time
  • Illumination (Curse of The Bond Riders, #3)
  • Royal Rebel
  • The Beast's Bride (Once Upon a Time Travel, #6)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • The Sun Witch (Fyne Witches, #1)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • Red Kiss (Gods of Midnight, #2)
  • Atlantis Unleashed (Warriors of Poseidon,  #3)
  • Almost a Goddess (Goddess, #1)
  • Messenger's Angel (The Lost Angels, #2)
  • Dazzling Brightness (Greek Myths, #1)
  • Circle of Death  (Damask Circle, #2)
  • Charm (Tales from the Kingdoms, #2)
  • Sea Witch (Children of the Sea, #1)
  • The Shattered Sylph (Sylph, #2)
  • Twice as Hot (Tales of an Extraordinary Girl #2)
P.C. Cast was born in the Midwestern United States, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. With her tour in the USAF completed, she taught high school for 15 years before retirin ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6)
Marked (House of Night #1) Betrayed (House of Night #2) Untamed (House of Night #4) Chosen (House of Night #3) Hunted (House of Night, #5)