Start by marking “Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)

Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning #7)

3.94  ·  Rating Details ·  3,829 Ratings  ·  270 Reviews

Isabel, a world-weary photojournalist, is grounded back home in Oklahoma, when her car plummets off a bridge into a lake. Struggling on the edge between life and death, she's miraculously saved by the Water Goddess, but with one tiny caveat: Isabel must travel to another time to seduce the legendary Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere.

Simple. After all, the handsome

Published December 21st 2010 by Piatkus Books (first published December 7th 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Legend, please sign up.

Jamnheart No. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek…moreNo. I've so far read 1 and 2 and neither of them had anything to do with each other. Read the ones that look interesting to you. If you like Greek Mythology I'd read 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6. The 4th one has more to do with a retelling of Beauty and the Beast and the 7th one has to do with King Arthur's time.(less)

Cara
May 30, 2011 Cara rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Terrible. My intelligence as a reader is insulted, and I am so angry with the horrendous laziness of this book that I can barely think straight. The Goddess Summoning series, once terrific, is turned to absolute garbage in this book. It can't even redeem itself with passionate love scenes between the main characters. I'm trying desperately to find something nice to say for the author of Goddess of Spring, a book that I adored, but I cannot. This is just lazy, lazy writing. You can't leave the he ...more
Gemmoi
May 01, 2011 Gemmoi rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I really wanted to enjoy this book as I am a Goddess fiction fan, however I was very disappointed. This review may contain spoilers.

Cons:
The book was difficult to get into at the start as it kind of dragged.
As a fantasy Romance tale targeted at a younger audience similar to HON, this heroine Isabel was too old.
Isabels profession as a photographer had no relevance to the story
The old English was a bit difficult on the eye and detracted from the story, although I guess it's there for authenticit
Nightfalltwen
May 08, 2011 Nightfalltwen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Okay that is 309 pages of my life that I will never get back. This woman writes like a 17 year old girl.

I regret reading this book.

Okay... So here's something a little more in depth.

The writing was choppy at best. And everyone seemed to cotton on to Isabel's way of speaking like it wasn't ridiculous. None of the characters had any meat to them outside of Mordred. Isabel was the epitome of a Mary Sue. She was perfect in every way, everyone enjoyed her company, everyone loved her.

And okay, I'll ac
Patrícia
Rachel (The Rest Is Still Unwritten)
Pixie
Jun 05, 2012 Pixie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
*WARNING SPOILERS*

It was alright, I guess.

That's probably the worst thing anyone can say about a book. It wasn't good, it wasn't bad, it was meh.

Now, this came as a bit of a disappointment to me. The first book in the series was weird, but I was prepared, thanks to your lovely selves. I really enjoyed the rest of the series, and then came this one.

It was really confusing at the beginning, and I often had to read the page twice before I understood it. The writing was stilted and muddled, and don
Chuckie Palmer-Patel
I didn't think there could be a book that is worse than Twilight...
Star
Mar 29, 2012 Star rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Isabel, back from spending time with the troops in Afghanistan, is trying to rediscover the beauty in the world. At the same time, yet not quite, the Water Goddess - also known as Vivianne - is looking for someone who can save Camelot and restore Merlin into her loving embrace. When Isabel's car goes off a bridge on her way back home, Vivianne brings her back to King Arthur's court with one mission: seduce Lancelot du Lac away from Queen Guinevere, thus restoring the balance. But Isabel - and Ar ...more
Noortje de Graaff
Amazing book! I'm a great fan of the House of Night series written bij Pc Cast and her daughter, and this one is just as good!
It's about the king Arthur legend, but shed in a whole different light as Isobel, a modern age woman dies and is send back in time to the age of camelot bij the Lady of the Lake. There she needs to fall in love with Lancelot (to bring Gwen and Arthur back together) but fate takes a funny turn when she falls in love with Arthur in stead.
I loved reading about how Isobel an
Esra
Jan 10, 2017 Esra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Serinin en kötü kitabıydı.
Çok şükür bitti!
Cris
This was my least favorite Goddess Summoning novel. Only the verbal humor in the latter half of the novel lifted this book from a 1 star "didn't like" to a 2 star "it was okay". The character development was spotty and inconsistent with many characters being nauseatingly perfect. The plot also seemed rather weak and the ending while very 'perfect' and romantic was unconvincing and *way* too convenient.

Some issues that, in my opinion should be major issues causing much angst and dissension, are a
Bookaholics
Nov 16, 2010 Bookaholics rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Goddess of Legend by P. C. Cast
Paranormal Romance –Dec. 7th, 2010
4 stars

Goddess of Legend is the 6th in P.C Cast's Goddess series and I hope not the last! This book centers around the King Arthur legend as the heroine Isabel is sent back in time to seduce Lancelot!

In this story the heroine, Isabel has a car accident but is saved by the Goddess of Water. The Goddess makes a deal with Isabel. If she can make King Arthur happy by seducing Lancelot from Queen Guinevere she can have her life back. I
Tara van Beurden
This was by far the worst of the Goddess Summoning books, which perhaps had something to do with the fact that Cast wrote this in conjunction with another writer. Not that Cast is necessarily a stellar writer, but her lack of attention to this story in light of her work on the House of Night series seems to be the key driver behind the poor storytelling in this one. The one thing that helps it is the humour in the second half, but that’s if you can get to it. The language is jarring, and somehow ...more
Steph
Feb 09, 2011 Steph rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and have read the 5 previous Goddess summoning books. However, this one is a bit too similar to goddess of the sea, and became ultimately forgettable. Compared to the rest especially, this one is a bit of a let down. It's not awful or anything, still quality writing and a good read, but while the others in this series manage to maintain a completely individual plot and characters from each other, this one is too similar to goddess of the sea. It was almost as if this were a s ...more
Jordan
Dec 06, 2012 Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!
Wow!
Yes I said it again because frankly it bore repeating.
I am personally going to thank my Liberian for recommending this series to me.
This was one of my two favourite books I this series because I just love stories that have a connection to the middle ages. There’s just something about a knight you know.
Anyway this book is for mature readers and l love P.C Cast for them. The concept is totally amazing. Yes there are books were the person is from the middle ages or were the person goes bac
Naomi
Awful, just...just awful.

I had to read this book for this library club that I'm doing and it is absolutely awful.

Are there any other words I could use to describe this?

(terrible, horrible, the epitome of evil, an insult to literature)

Isabel was so completely up herself! She was NOT charming, she was NOT funny, she was just irritating and irrationally impulsive.

I just...URGH! And the ending was so predictable that my 9 year old brother could have written it. Actually no, Joshua would have at leas
Debbie
Jan 22, 2011 Debbie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorites series and feel it took much to long for this newest book to finally come out. Once again I was transported and enchanted by the story woven by PC Cast wherein a present day woman is transported in the realm of mythological legends - this time to Camelot. A departure from her typical stories based on Greek mythology, but no less enjoyable. I so thoroughly enjoyed it I did not want it to end. A series recommended to all who love both great romance and mytholog ...more
Merve Özcan
Jul 29, 2011 Merve Özcan rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Çok güzel başlayan bir seriye rezil bir son. Dedim ama kimseye dinletemedim. 1. ve 2. kitap gözümde tapılasıdır. 3.'nünde gideri vardır ama ondan sonra aklımdaki tek düşünce bir seri bu kadar rezil edilemez. Bu kitap içinde aklımda iki şey var; 1 kötü adam nerde, 2 sonunu yazarken yazar pembe baloncuklar kusmuş mu?
Burak
Nov 23, 2013 Burak rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yine bir günde bitirdim evet bu seriyi çok seviyordum ama bu kitap diğerlerine benzemiyordu. O masalsı hava yoktu bunda. Hani beğenmemek değilde sinir olduğum bir nokta vardı herkes resmen kralla kraliçeyle laubali bir şekilde konuşuyordu. Abi siz kral kraliçesiniz ya ne bu saçmalık az ağırlığınız olsun. Yok sen benim dostumsun yok arkadaşımsın bla bla bla. Son da çok dandik bağlandı ya neyse.
Ashley
Feb 12, 2011 Ashley rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this series, except for this one. I'm completely biased though, I have a hard time with anything relating King Arthur... it's just not my cup of tea. If you like that legend then this will be a nice twist on it.
Maya Manalao
Mar 14, 2013 Maya Manalao rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is amazing. I gave it 4 stars since I'm not an avid fan of s*x, but all in all, this book is a must read.

The plot, the characters and the story is irresistible. I love them. Can't wait to buy the other Goddess Summoning books. :)))
Maxi Shelton
Apr 30, 2012 Maxi Shelton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
P.C. Cast has a way of taking you out of this world, into a different time, place and sometimes body. Each book is bursting with passion, love and adventure. Thoroughly enjoyed the complete series.
Adriana
Aug 14, 2014 Adriana rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
This is a retelling of the Arthurian legend that is full of laughter, action, and romance.
The beginning leans towards corny, so much so that I almost put it down. Bear with it and you’ll get a great story with strong female characters and lots of fun with your romance.
Tahnee
Apr 23, 2012 Tahnee rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!! The first one I have read by PC Cast, I think we have a long relationship ahead of us
Rachel- Goodbye Borders
One of the weaker books in the Goddess Summoning series. Considering this is Camelot, I don't think all the slang worked. It was distracting. However, it was an entertaining read.
Canan  ^^
aslında iyiydi ama sürekli bir döngü var seride bu biraz sıkılmama sebep oldu...
ve birde alelacele bitirilen o son...
Belinda Boring
Sep 22, 2010 Belinda Boring rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited when I read that GODDESS OF LEGEND was coming out that buying it was one of the first things I did the day it was released. I have absolutely adored the Goddess Summoning series, finding each book an amazing mixture of myth, romance and passion and so I was pretty confident this would be another book that blew me away. Although it didn't pack as powerful of a heart tug as some of the other books, GODDESS OF LEGEND was definitely still a great addition to the series and one that ...more
Victoria
The Goddess Summoning series revolves around the premise of Goddesses, heavily from Greco-Roman mythology but branching out to Celtic-Arthurian mythos in this volume granting a mortal wish in exchange for the mortal assisting them in someway. For example in Goddess of Light the twins Artemis and Apollo help a interior designer deal with a difficult client when they are stuck on Earth and Apollo quickly falls for the human woman, or in Goddess of Spring where Demeter switches her daughter and a w ...more
Megan Mueller
Jade Klinger
Sep 12, 2015 Jade Klinger rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: light readers
Isabel, who's a photojournalist goes back home to Oklahoma after a traumatic event, to get back in touch with photography. When one day her car plummets off a bridge and into a lake. Struggling between life and death Isabel is saved by a Water Goddess named Viviane. Running out of time the Goddess sends Isabel on a quest back in time to seduce the legendary Sir Lancelot away from Queen Guinevere.

Isabel thinks that's it's going to be a simple quest,how hard is it to seduce a man? It wouldn't be
  • Royal Rebel
  • Illumination (Curse of The Bond Riders, #3)
  • Dustin Time
  • Bedding the Enemy (McJames, #3)
  • Crown of Crystal Flame (Tairen Soul, #5)
  • The Waking Dragon (The Obernewtyn Chronicles, #8)
  • The Moon Witch (Fyne Witches, #2)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Mysteria Lane (Mysteria #2)
  • Red Demon (Gods of Midnight, #3)
  • Atlantis Betrayed (Warriors of Poseidon, #6)
  • Circle of Death  (Damask Circle, #2)
  • The Beast's Bride (Once Upon a Time Travel, #2)
  • Almost a Goddess (Goddess, #1)
  • Vampyr Legion (Legendeer, #2)
  • Sea Lord (Children of the Sea, #3)
  • A Scent of Greek (Out of Olympus, #2)
  • Bastian (The Lords of Satyr, #6)
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more
More about P.C. Cast...

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6)