Start by marking “The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander” as Want to Read:
The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander

The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander (Cordina's Royal Family #1-2)

3.95 of 5 stars 3.95  ·  rating details  ·  6,038 ratings  ·  86 reviews
Affaire RoyalePrincess Gabriella had escaped captivity, but she'd lost her memory and her kidnappers were still on the loose. She needed a protector fast, and brash American Reeve MacGee was the perfect man for the job. The handsome ex-policeman could handle absolutely anything — except falling in love with the stunning, vulnerable woman in his care.

Command Performance
Mass Market Paperback, 475 pages
Published November 22nd 2011 by Silhouette (first published February 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about The Royals of Cordina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Royals of Cordina

Abbey Vandal
"Cordina's Royal Family: Gabriella & Alexander" is a bewitching romance novel of the highest caliber. Creating a enchanting picture of every girls fairy tale with a unnerving twist Roberts is able to place you in the palace surrounded by love and family, but barely beyond the walls lies danger of criminal minds. This novel, like many Nora Roberts novels, is a two part story. The first part takes you through the mind of the first born, Gabriella Princess of Cordina, and her incredible rebuild ...more
I've read this book before - in fact this is the second time I've read this particular series. Nora Roberts never fails to keep me entertained. In my opinion, one of the best authors I've ever read.
Nov 14, 2015 Victoria rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommended to Victoria by: Adrienna Brown
Nora Roberts is one of the most well known romance novelists in the USA. She began writing in 1981 under the Silhouette Romance title with her first book Irish Thoroughbred. Since then she has written over 160 novels, many of which have made the top of the New York Time's best seller list. Her Royals of Cordina series comprises of four novels originally released in the late 1980s and is currently being re-released in two larger books. Gabrielle and Alexander's stories are covered in this volume ...more
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Affaire Royale

Gabriella is the Princess from Cordina. She is the oldest daughter of the ruler of the country, Prince Armand. She will not become the next ruler of the country because only a male can rule the country. She doesn’t want to rule, but thinks that law is outdated. She has two younger brothers, Alexander and Bennett. Alexander will be the next ruler of Cordina. Gabriella has served as hostess at the palace since the death of her mother.

Princess Gabriella is kidnaped. A week later she

Letto in spiaggia con in sottofondo il rumore del mare.
pensavo di leggere quattro romanzetti leggeri, senza troppo impegno e in parte è stato così, ma...
come al solito la Nora mi ha fatto ricredere!

mi sono piaciuti davvero tanto i primi tre e il quarto non tanto.

Si parla dei principato di cordina, che ricorda mooooooooolto il principato di monaco geograficamente.

I primi tre romanzi parlano ognuno di uno dei figli del regnante(due maschi e una femmina) con annessa storia d'amor
Affair Royal was pretty good. I liked the characters and the suspense. It me a little longer to read (due to business) but my immersion into the book never waned. I can't wait to read the next book. I enjoyed the spunk and humor. I laughed and bit my nails, I sympathized and was aggravated. Poor Bennett, but he'll be happy enough. *wink* Great HEA.
Command Performance was another great book. It was a great twist with Prince Perfect. I would read this again. I liked the characters, can't wait to r
2.5 stars out of 5

If you are looking for a quick, fluffy read that will please your romantic side, then these two stories are right for you. There's nothing amazing about them, being just your average stereotypical romances, but sometimes that's all you need to be entertained.
Bonnie Staughton
Nora Roberts is one of my "favorites" so it is hard for me not to like any of her books. "The Royals of Cordina--Gabriella & Alexander" are 2 separate stories within a book but deal with the same family and the same problems. Both stories kept me in "can't put it down" mode and both had unexpected "villains". Another good read by a great author.
Lisa Thomas
I wanted to read these books for years since this was one of the first series of books that I had heard about on Nora Roberts. Gabriella ia a little slow as first but then it picks up. Alexander was easy to read.
Gabriella's story: "Affaire Royale":
Her Serene Highness Princess Gabriella de Cordina, known to her friends and family as Brie, was found running along a rural road like a woman possessed before she passed out. Coming back from the brink of death, Brie can’t remember anything. No one around her looks familiar; not her father, Prince Armand, ruler of Cordina, or her brothers Alexander and Bennett. Not even the handsome man who has come to protect her from an unknown danger ...

Read the rest of my
Affaire Royale: Adorable! The chemistry was sweet and the steamy scenes were fun but not too over the top. The mystery was intriguing and kept me guessing until the end. The mismatched pair clicked so quickly and fiercely that I really enjoyed watching them dance around it before finally just going for it. I can't wait to read about her brother, Alexander, in the next novel in the series.
Command Performance: Lovely story. I really enjoyed meeting Alexander. The story flowed well and the characte
Command Performance - Ok
Roberts, Nora - 2nd in the Cordina's Royal Family seris

In Eve Hamilton's youth, His Royal Highness Alexander de Cordina played the part of a fairy-tale prince. But seven years ago Eve had learned that its villains were undeniably real, and put her childhood dreams behind her. Now Alexander?s request brought Eve, along with her theatrical troupe, back to Cordina. She still took his breath away, but it soon became clear that the dangers wouldn?t remain in the past -- and ne
Judy Jablonski
Command Performance was not my favorite -- took longer then usual to get into the book, because I was committed I finished. The last 100 pages of the story saved it from being shelved indefinitely.
Molly Gickling
Fun, easy read for a weekend getaway.
I liked Gabriella's story much more than Alexander's, but both were quite good. They were fairy tales for adults.
It took me awhile to read but only because I started it after exams, and for awhile I just didn't want to read anything. But then I got into a reading mood and a Nora Roberts mood and spent as much time as I could with this book.
Reeve and Bennet were swell and the intrigue/mystery was as well, but Brie and Eve annoyed me a bit.
Jenna (JennaHack)
I love Nora Roberts. :)

The two stories within this book were definitely enjoyable. Typical Nora Roberts.

Both stories were very sweet, but I really like how Nora Roberts doesn't just have the love story. She keeps you interested in the other characters with a larger plot. A terrorist group is going after the royal family to try to get a prisoner released. There's so much "Who done it" that I love it!

I'm really looking forward to "Bennett & Camilla" coming out early next year!
So, the first story was pretty decent, and the second one had promise.

But what ruined the second story for me was how gross the romance was. The guy was overly aggressive, forcing himself on the woman, even admitting at one point that he wanted to rape her. It just felt like she didn't have much agency in their relationship.

Also, in both stories, there wasn't a good balance between the romantic plot, and the ~political intrigue.
Danella Shea
I struggled to get through Gabriella and Reeve's story but I absolutely loved reading Alexander and Eve's. I was mesmerized by Alex as a character in the first Cordina novel and couldn't wait to experience his love story. Finished it in less than a day. Both were typical Nora Roberts but that was just what I was looking for. A great light summer read. Next up - Bennet's story. Can't wait!
Sheila M
So I have recently finished Gabriella's story and I loved it, I've moved on to Alexanders now and I'm about Half way through his book but for some reason I just can't really get into it... However I am still going to finish it! :D Overall I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the Romance/Mystery novel! Enjoy! :)
so, this book/these books were pretty good. the storylines were decent and i will be reading the next in the series to see how the mystery plays out.

that being said, the stories/novellas were short, the character development was shallow, and the stories were dated (originally put out in the 80's, these are re-releases)
Veronica Lindsey
Two nice romances that are intertwined.
I don't like stories about princes and princesses falling for non-royals. It's an over-used theme but since there are a lot of authors that use this theme, it must be selling a lot of books.

I can actually remember the characters after I read the book but it's not a book that I will read again.
Good books. I am really enjoying then. I like the fact that it's not strictly romance, but has another intriguing subplot that's carrying over from previous books. Not only are the characters being revisited but the subplot is being continued. Can't wait to read the next books in the series.
A guilty pleasure.

I read this while travelling overseas. I bought it at an airport as I was flying a lot. Yes, it is corny and cliche at times but it was really enjoyable to read this romance novel. Definitely a guilty pleasure because I know that I shouldn't like it but I do.
This is one of my fave books! Gabriella's story was good but Alexander's story was even better. I just love their dynamic as a couple. Eve is such a strong and confident women and an inspirational character. The love story is just epic! Definitely a book to read (and re-read)
I had read this in High School, I liked it then, like it now. I will say, I did have times when I thought I remembered when reading it this time. It had some more action-packed plot for a romance. Gabriella and Alexander's love stories. Good. Very good I thought!
I have a hard time seperating out all the stories of this seris since I like them so much I read them all back to back in a matter of a few days. Great family as always and each book has great drama for lack of a better term in it.
Nora Roberts knows how to show sensual love within her stories. In both of the stories in this book, both characters have to overcome a major problem that deals with an attack on the royal family and the obstacle of falling in love.
A little over the top real life fairy tale. But I liked it and had a enjoyable time reading. I guess the "bad guys" pretty early on in each book. I love Bennett and I'm looking forward to reading his story next.
  • Dead of Night (includes In Death, #24.5)
  • The Manning Sisters (Manning Sisters, #1-2)
  • Reckless (Regency Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Trilby
  • Dream of Me/Believe in Me (Viking & Saxon, #1 & #2)
  • Nora Roberts
  • The Third Wife
  • Almost a Bride (Almost, #2)
  • Kentucky Rich
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Cordina's Royal Family (4 books)
  • Affaire Royale (Cordina #1)
  • Command Performance (Cordina #2)
  • The Playboy Prince (Cordina #3)
  • Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina, #4)