Start by marking “The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander” as Want to Read:
The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander

The Royals of Cordina: Gabriella & Alexander (Cordina's Royal Family #1-2)

3.96  ·  Rating Details  ·  6,331 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
Affaire RoyalePrincess Gabriella had escaped captivity, but she'd lost her memory and her kidnappers were still on the loose. She needed a protector fast, and brash American Reeve MacGee was the perfect man for the job. The handsome ex-policeman could handle absolutely anything — except falling in love with the stunning, vulnerable woman in his care.

Command Performance
Year
Mass Market Paperback, 475 pages
Published November 22nd 2011 by Silhouette (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Royals of Cordina, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Royals of Cordina

Abbey Vandal
Mar 02, 2014 Abbey Vandal rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Cordina's Royal Family: Gabriella & Alexander" is a bewitching romance novel of the highest caliber. Creating a enchanting picture of every girls fairy tale with a unnerving twist Roberts is able to place you in the palace surrounded by love and family, but barely beyond the walls lies danger of criminal minds. This novel, like many Nora Roberts novels, is a two part story. The first part takes you through the mind of the first born, Gabriella Princess of Cordina, and her incredible rebuild ...more
Toni
Feb 19, 2016 Toni rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gabriella and Reeve, I liked the story, it was interesting and easy to read.
Alexander and Eve wasn't my favourite. I didn't like Eve at first, it was too annoying her obsession to be on equal terms at all times, they just wouldn't make compromises, not one bit. Didn't like her familiarity with prince Bennett and with prince Armand. I was looking forward to find out more about the plays, but that didn't happen. At first I was intrigued by Alexander, but he lost me when he almost choked Eve and k
Dina
I've read this book before - in fact this is the second time I've read this particular series. Nora Roberts never fails to keep me entertained. In my opinion, one of the best authors I've ever read.
Cecile Saidi
This novel is one of the most romantic novels that I have ever read. Generally, I hate romantic books because of their lack of logic and, at times, a persuasive plot line; but this book had both, and the language was so beautiful. Its characters are both strong and interesting in their own way.

The only concern I have, is its lack of strong research on the part of how the royals live. Although I am poorly informed of how the other half lives, I'm certain it is more complicated than is depicted in
Victoria
Nov 14, 2015 Victoria rated it really liked it
Recommended to Victoria by: Adrienna Brown
Nora Roberts is one of the most well known romance novelists in the USA. She began writing in 1981 under the Silhouette Romance title with her first book Irish Thoroughbred. Since then she has written over 160 novels, many of which have made the top of the New York Time's best seller list. Her Royals of Cordina series comprises of four novels originally released in the late 1980s and is currently being re-released in two larger books. Gabrielle and Alexander's stories are covered in this volume ...more
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Affaire Royale

Gabriella is the Princess from Cordina. She is the oldest daughter of the ruler of the country, Prince Armand. She will not become the next ruler of the country because only a male can rule the country. She doesn’t want to rule, but thinks that law is outdated. She has two younger brothers, Alexander and Bennett. Alexander will be the next ruler of Cordina. Gabriella has served as hostess at the palace since the death of her mother.

Princess Gabriella is kidnaped. A week later she
Yukino
May 24, 2012 Yukino rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: miei
UN PICCOLO GIOIELLO

Letto in spiaggia con in sottofondo il rumore del mare.
pensavo di leggere quattro romanzetti leggeri, senza troppo impegno e in parte è stato così, ma...
come al solito la Nora mi ha fatto ricredere!

mi sono piaciuti davvero tanto i primi tre e il quarto non tanto.

Si parla dei principato di cordina, che ricorda mooooooooolto il principato di monaco geograficamente.

I primi tre romanzi parlano ognuno di uno dei figli del regnante(due maschi e una femmina) con annessa storia d'amor
Janet
Aug 14, 2016 Janet rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is by nora roberts and is two stories which are about princess gabriella and reeve mcgee - she loses her memory after being kidnapped and her journey back to her family and the man she is falling in love with.
book 2 - prince alexander and eve hamilton she had a school girl crush but he clearly disapproved of her or so she thought but he wants her to see him not the title of prince so could he be the man she wants..
Caro
Oct 18, 2012 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora, own
Affair Royal was pretty good. I liked the characters and the suspense. It me a little longer to read (due to business) but my immersion into the book never waned. I can't wait to read the next book. I enjoyed the spunk and humor. I laughed and bit my nails, I sympathized and was aggravated. Poor Bennett, but he'll be happy enough. *wink* Great HEA.
Command Performance was another great book. It was a great twist with Prince Perfect. I would read this again. I liked the characters, can't wait to r
Kat
2.5 stars out of 5

If you are looking for a quick, fluffy read that will please your romantic side, then these two stories are right for you. There's nothing amazing about them, being just your average stereotypical romances, but sometimes that's all you need to be entertained.
Lisa Thomas
I wanted to read these books for years since this was one of the first series of books that I had heard about on Nora Roberts. Gabriella ia a little slow as first but then it picks up. Alexander was easy to read.
Britta
Nov 16, 2014 Britta rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, own, fiction, 2012, 2013
Gabriella's story: "Affaire Royale":
Her Serene Highness Princess Gabriella de Cordina, known to her friends and family as Brie, was found running along a rural road like a woman possessed before she passed out. Coming back from the brink of death, Brie can’t remember anything. No one around her looks familiar; not her father, Prince Armand, ruler of Cordina, or her brothers Alexander and Bennett. Not even the handsome man who has come to protect her from an unknown danger ...

Read the rest of my
Tessie
Affaire Royale: Adorable! The chemistry was sweet and the steamy scenes were fun but not too over the top. The mystery was intriguing and kept me guessing until the end. The mismatched pair clicked so quickly and fiercely that I really enjoyed watching them dance around it before finally just going for it. I can't wait to read about her brother, Alexander, in the next novel in the series.
Command Performance: Lovely story. I really enjoyed meeting Alexander. The story flowed well and the characte
LJ
Command Performance - Ok
Roberts, Nora - 2nd in the Cordina's Royal Family seris

In Eve Hamilton's youth, His Royal Highness Alexander de Cordina played the part of a fairy-tale prince. But seven years ago Eve had learned that its villains were undeniably real, and put her childhood dreams behind her. Now Alexander?s request brought Eve, along with her theatrical troupe, back to Cordina. She still took his breath away, but it soon became clear that the dangers wouldn?t remain in the past -- and ne
Judy Jablonski
Jun 13, 2014 Judy Jablonski rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Command Performance was not my favorite -- took longer then usual to get into the book, because I was committed I finished. The last 100 pages of the story saved it from being shelved indefinitely.
Dawn
I don't know when I've read this, but I know I have.
Molly Gickling
Jan 19, 2015 Molly Gickling rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, easy read for a weekend getaway.
Jessica Zahorchak
Loved both of the books!
Ameyiwa Asmah
Jul 17, 2014 Ameyiwa Asmah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
loved it
Jenna (JennaHack)
Dec 27, 2011 Jenna (JennaHack) rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011-books
I love Nora Roberts. :)

The two stories within this book were definitely enjoyable. Typical Nora Roberts.

Both stories were very sweet, but I really like how Nora Roberts doesn't just have the love story. She keeps you interested in the other characters with a larger plot. A terrorist group is going after the royal family to try to get a prisoner released. There's so much "Who done it" that I love it!

I'm really looking forward to "Bennett & Camilla" coming out early next year!
Julia
Feb 02, 2014 Julia rated it really liked it
I liked Gabriella's story much more than Alexander's, but both were quite good. They were fairy tales for adults.
It took me awhile to read but only because I started it after exams, and for awhile I just didn't want to read anything. But then I got into a reading mood and a Nora Roberts mood and spent as much time as I could with this book.
Reeve and Bennet were swell and the intrigue/mystery was as well, but Brie and Eve annoyed me a bit.
Alice
Dec 23, 2012 Alice rated it it was ok
So, the first story was pretty decent, and the second one had promise.

But what ruined the second story for me was how gross the romance was. The guy was overly aggressive, forcing himself on the woman, even admitting at one point that he wanted to rape her. It just felt like she didn't have much agency in their relationship.

Also, in both stories, there wasn't a good balance between the romantic plot, and the ~political intrigue.
Danella Shea
I struggled to get through Gabriella and Reeve's story but I absolutely loved reading Alexander and Eve's. I was mesmerized by Alex as a character in the first Cordina novel and couldn't wait to experience his love story. Finished it in less than a day. Both were typical Nora Roberts but that was just what I was looking for. A great light summer read. Next up - Bennet's story. Can't wait!
Bonnie Staughton
Jul 06, 2015 Bonnie Staughton rated it really liked it
Nora Roberts is one of my "favorites" so it is hard for me not to like any of her books. "The Royals of Cordina--Gabriella & Alexander" are 2 separate stories within a book but deal with the same family and the same problems. Both stories kept me in "can't put it down" mode and both had unexpected "villains". Another good read by a great author.
Sheila M
So I have recently finished Gabriella's story and I loved it, I've moved on to Alexanders now and I'm about Half way through his book but for some reason I just can't really get into it... However I am still going to finish it! :D Overall I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the Romance/Mystery novel! Enjoy! :)
Kathleen
May 30, 2012 Kathleen rated it liked it
so, this book/these books were pretty good. the storylines were decent and i will be reading the next in the series to see how the mystery plays out.

that being said, the stories/novellas were short, the character development was shallow, and the stories were dated (originally put out in the 80's, these are re-releases)
Veronica Lindsey
Feb 27, 2015 Veronica Lindsey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two nice romances that are intertwined.
Nyss
Sep 16, 2012 Nyss rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't like stories about princes and princesses falling for non-royals. It's an over-used theme but since there are a lot of authors that use this theme, it must be selling a lot of books.

I can actually remember the characters after I read the book but it's not a book that I will read again.
Teri
Apr 19, 2012 Teri rated it really liked it
Good books. I am really enjoying then. I like the fact that it's not strictly romance, but has another intriguing subplot that's carrying over from previous books. Not only are the characters being revisited but the subplot is being continued. Can't wait to read the next books in the series.
Amanda
A guilty pleasure.

I read this while travelling overseas. I bought it at an airport as I was flying a lot. Yes, it is corny and cliche at times but it was really enjoyable to read this romance novel. Definitely a guilty pleasure because I know that I shouldn't like it but I do.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Third Wife
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Bump in the Night (includes In Death, #22.5)
  • Texans at Heart
  • The Manning Sisters (Manning Sisters, #1-2)
  • Almost a Bride (Almost, #2)
  • Nora Roberts
  • Simply Sexy (Simply #5)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Cordina's Royal Family (4 books)
  • Affaire Royale (Cordina #1)
  • Command Performance (Cordina #2)
  • The Playboy Prince (Cordina #3)
  • Cordina's Crown Jewel (Cordina, #4)