To Begin Again: The Journey Toward Comfort, Strength, and Faith in Difficult Times

4.4 of 5 stars 4.40  ·  rating details  ·  62 ratings  ·  9 reviews
To Begin Again signals the arrival of an important new voice. In words that are as wise as they are comforting and as universal as they are specific, Rabbi Naomi Levy tells us how to survive, emotionally and spiritually, when we feel overwhelmed by grief, loss, or life itself. Her book provides a safe harbor where we can begin to reconstitute our lives.
Where do we find the...more
Published January 5th 2011 by Ballantine Books (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about To Begin Again, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about To Begin Again

Cathryn Dolly
This book BLEW me away.... in terms of how and why various losses can be hard to deal with. I had a sister who passed away many years ago a slighly differnt cirumstances than the author's father a robbery gone bad while in my sisters case it was a murder homindence at a family restutrant.
The unexpected loss had such an effect on me that I find it differcult to explain sometimes and sometimes being too cautious in life.
When Namnoi explained on the Lot of Losses she had when her father died I ha...more
Dee
Awesome book for anyone who has gone through great loss and for anyone just desiring more depth and understanding regarding this issue...particularly deaths of those you deeply love. Naomi Levy is a rabbi and she adds to her writtings a Godly presence which gives one a peaceful strength when trying to move on in life from one's loss. Great book to keep!
Kaye
A really great book detailing various types of loss, and how to pick up and go on again. Rabbi Levy also approaches the role of God in tragedy in a different way (less magic, more realism with miracles included).
Naomi
Terrific book, reflecting on shattering loss, struggle, and how we find healing and hope and sometimes just a badly needed lifeline through faith.
Marla
This was recently given to me. I liked the authors approach to handling some difficult subjects. It never hurts to relearn a few things.
Cathey
Very insightful book about loss & life changing events. Rabbi Naomi Levy tells her story about her Dad's death.
Amanda
Comforting stories. My cousin recommended this book when a close friend passed on.
Tracy
Aug 30, 2007 Tracy rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: anyone suffering loss
Shelves: willmoveyou
most important book i have ever read. it brought me out of grief and back to life
Kimberly Simpson
A bit too self-helpy for me ..... but still a beautiful book
A.
A. marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2014
Jd
Jd added it
Apr 19, 2014
Holly
Holly marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2014
David
David added it
Mar 14, 2014
Angie
Angie marked it as to-read
Mar 11, 2014
Paula
Paula marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2014
Michelle
Michelle is currently reading it
Jan 01, 2014
Jeanne
Jeanne marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Hope Will Find You: My Search for the Wisdom to Stop Waiting and Start Living Talking to God: Personal Prayers for Times of Joy, Sadness, Struggle, and Celebration To Begin Again: The journey towards comfort, strength and faith in difficult times Learning national identity: Schooling effects in post-conflict Bosnia-Herzegovina and Croatia. Saying No and Letting Go: Jewish Wisdom on Making Room for What Matters Most