Start by marking “Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları” as Want to Read:
Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları

Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları (Dragonlance: The New Generation #2)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  10,486 ratings  ·  104 reviews
Güz Alaca Karanlığının Ejderhaları, Kış Gecesi Ejderhaları ve İlkbahar Şafağı Ejderhaları'ndan oluşan Ejderha Mızrağı Destanı, Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları ile devam ediyor... Mızrak Savaşı biletli uzun süre olmuş... Mevsimler gelip geçmiş... Dünyanın sarkacı sallanmakta... Şimdi mevsim yaz; Krynn'de kimsenin daha evvel görmediği kadar sıcak, kavurucu bir yaz. Denge bozulmaya baş ...more
Published 2002 by Arkabahçe Yayıncılık (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yaz Alevi Ejderhaları

Wyrmia
Greg Strandberg
I was not a big fan of this series. I think it was just Wizards of the Coast looking for money, but that's just me. Heck, maybe I even got the dates wrong and Wizards wasn't in charge yet, but gosh darn, you'll do better reading some of the 80s Dragonlance books...you know this.
Elise
Ever hear the phrase quit while you're ahead?

Hickman and Weis were well ahead. They should have quit.

Leaving the Companions to wander off into the sunset was the ending those characters deserved.

Finishing up with the whole 'The Gods didn't leave us, we left them.' idea was just fine.

They had written six really well done, beautifully characterized, interestingly plotted books, which dealt with religious and moral issues in a manner more subtle than most books aimed at younger adults tend to.

An
Deborah Sloan
If you haven't had a chance to read any of the DragonLance Saga books I highly suggest picking up a few. They are marvelous reading and this one Dragons of Summer Flame by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman is one of the best because it ties so many of the others together for me. I truly enjoy this series and rank it along with Tolkiens greats for Fantasy.

Though some may find it strange for adults to invest time in this type of reading I see no reason to avoid a little adventure involving dragons,
Evan Leach
This was kind of a weird one. I thoroughly enjoyed the Chronicles trilogy as a kid, but remember being surprised to see that TSR had published a fourth installment to the series (this was a decade after book #3 first came out). Taking place many years after the Chronicles books, Dragons of Summer Flame brings back the beloved characters from the trilogy and...well, no spoilers, but it gets a little grim at times. Weis & Hickman are still able to tell a fun tale, but this wasn't quite up to t ...more
Jeremiah Hebert
Ah memories. My first fantasy series (other than Tolkien), and man did it suck me in to the fantasy genre. An easy read- I would almost call it mansmut. Classic, reccomended.
Dru
This will be my same review for all 7 books in the original double-trilogy (plus the 7th add on years later).

There are few D&D novelizations out there that are really worth reading. Only two series have I loved, and the original 6 (became 7) "Dragonlance" novels are one of those great series. (Gord the Rogue is the other).

At first when I read this, I was a bit put off because the "Krynn" world did not "agree" with D&D. The gods had different names (Bahamut = Paladine, Tiamut = Takhesis)
Kevin Rubin
"Dragons of Summer Flame" is quite an improvement over earlier Dragonlance novels by Weiss & Hickman.

This one we mostly follow a couple of children of the main characters of past novels, Palin Majere, Steel Brightblade and Usha, along with an elderly Tasslehoff Burrfoot as it's their turn to save the world, and possibly more importantly, to learn more about themselves.

Palin has followed in his late uncle, Raistlin's footsteps and become a mage, only a white robed one instead of black, while
Elar
I probably should not have read/listened this book right after original trilogy, but as some sources named this as a sequel then I did not mind. Lot of time has passed and many new characters with very little background information to deal from beginning, but amazingly it did not matter in this book as tempo is passable and adventures constant. What I still cannot comprehend is writing style in which author just skips over some scenes and does little explanation afterwards what happened.
Keith Bryan
In short simple phraseology, this book was awful. Our beloved characters were stripped of their dignity and, in many cases, their lives in the most demoting ways imaginable. I agree with Wyrmia Bradley when she says ‘I was so upset by what happened to my beloved Dragonlance characters that I shaved my head and attacked someone's car with an umbrella.’

The authors really messed up on this one. A writer should never explain the end before the middle, which they did this time by killing our beloved
trina
May 15, 2011 trina rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one i know, bc my friends are assholes and would tease me to death. also they don't read.
Recommended to trina by: chris thomas
best, most coherent story of all the books in this series that i've read (only four! including this one). it's appalling how engrossing these books are. you start out thinking, 'pssht, nerds are so gullible! who could read this tripe?' and a few hours later, you're chewing your nails off, hoping the annoying kender doesn't die. or maybe that's just me. hi goodreads, my name is trina and i am a huge nerd.
Sean Campbell
It deserves five, but I missed the old gang too much.

Plus, having a main character named Palin in this day and age... -1 star for lack of vision into the future, Weis and Hickman.
Sara
SOOOOOOOOOO Good, definatley pick it up, buy it and read it. I enjoyed it so much. Slightly seperated from the Chronicles time frame however, it was extremely good and is a definite read.
Roderick Baxter
This book has everything that you would need to make it an exciting and interesting read. All the races on the brink of war either with each other or amongst themselves. All needing to settle their differences and band together, or face total destruction at the hands of an enraged god Chaos.
This is a next generation story with just a few of the original heroes managing to help out here and there. I absolutely enjoyed reading this one and particularly enjoyed the involvement of the Kendar, Tass
Elizabeth
This was probably the best one of the second generation but it just doesn't compete with the adventures of tanis and Flint.
Lauren Scheier
This book was kind of pointless. There were some nice moments, but overall there was really no need for this story to exist.
Miriam
A rather unmemorable add-on to the original trilogy, moving on to the next generation.
Jamie Belanger
Entertaining story overall, and one I missed somehow. I grew up reading the Dragonlance books but never got to this one until this past week (even though I bought the paperback like five years ago), which made the leap to the War of Souls trilogy a little confusing for me. Now the timeline makes more sense. I really should re-read all the core novels in the proper order some day...

I did find some things frustrating with certain characters who should have had more important things to do in the st
Eddie Black
I had just re-read the Chronicles, books 1-3, again for the first time since High School. I forgot how good those books really are. So when I saw this in the store I had to jump right in.

The first chapter is a little slow to get going. I forced myself to keep going. And to be sure, there are some paragraphs here and there that are too much background information that I just covered reading the other three books. So I skimmed them.

But this book, with some of its pages being slow to trudge throu
James
Tim
Sam
The "New Generation" tag is a little confusing, since the title page of the edition I have lists this as Chronicles Volume 4. But this doesn't carry straight on from the first three volumes in the series, instead taking place many years later, and focusing on some of the children of the original Heroes of the Lance, although some of the original Heroes also make an appearance.

It's a shame, really, that I found this quite slow going. The story was pretty good, though a little heavy handed on the
Aries
A rilento, ma sono riuscito a finire di leggere il primo vero capitolo della "nuova generazione" di Dragonlance.
Difficile dare un parere netto.
Sicuramente non posso dire che mi abbia fatto schifo, ma non posso neanche affermare che mi abbia appassionato come mai altro fantasy prima: i nuovi personaggi (Palin, Steel ed Usha) non sono particolarmente coinvolgenti o delineati in maniera netta, bensì risultanto piuttosto bidimensionali e non "sfondano" la pagina; certo, ci sono alcuni ritorni intere
J.R. Ortega
This was my first read from the Dragonlance series and I have to say, I was surprised I enjoyed it as much as I did. My partner is an avid reader of series and fantasy genre and I challenged myself to read one of his favorite novels; this one was it.

His copy is held together by Scotch tape and the pages are yellowed, evidence of his obvious love for this book. I may just add some more tape to those pages.

Without giving away too much information, this war of the Gods as written by Margaret Weis
Alice
Traummachine
I can use but one word to describe this book: BADASS!! Seriously, the original 6 Dragonlance books are some of my favorite books of all time. But not only did Summer Flame live up to expectations, it was my favorite Dragonlance book ever. Ever. It has the epic feel of one of the 1st two trilogies, but in a single volume. It has the humor, the characters so good I hung on their every action, and the twists I'd expected from a classic Dragonlance book. But, since it doesn't spend its time building ...more
Jeff
If its possible to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, this book represents the single most amazing turn about ever.

Dragonlance was special. It changed people. When it came out, it moved people to care for the characters and started a revolution in fantasy literature. Sadly, it has not aged well and by todays standards, Dragonlance is a curiosity to be viewed as important once, but surpassed many times over since.

and then this appeared. like some steaming pile of dung, this final insult to a
Danni
Kate
Amber
I had no idea when I started this book that there was several more in between this and Dragons of Spring flame, I have had to stop reading it and head back to the library to get the four or so books that take place in between....I have started reading this book again having checked it out from the library three times now. I am agast and am only about 100 pages into it, my plane ride tomorrow will be spent reading....I dont think I will finish this book even though I am interested in finding out ...more
  • Night of Blood (Dragonlance: The Minotaur Wars, #1)
  • Lord of the Rose (Dragonlance: Rise of Solamnia, #1)
  • Firstborn (Dragonlance:  Elven Nations, #1)
  • Night of the Eye (Dragonlance: Defenders of Magic, #1)
  • The Day of the Tempest (Dragonlance: Dragons of a New Age, #2)
  • Stormblade (Dragonlance: Heroes, #2)
  • Weasel's Luck (Dragonlance: Heroes, #3)
  • The Covenant of the Forge (Dragonlance: Dwarven Nations, #1)
Fantasy novelist who, along with Tracy Hickman, was one of the original creators of the Dragonlance game world. I've written numerous novels and short stories set in the world of Krynn, as well as series in other, original worlds. These include: Darksword, Rose of the Prophet, Star of the Guardians, DeathGate, Dragonvarld, Sovereign Stone, Dragonships, and the Dragon Brigade. I also wrote two para ...more
More about Margaret Weis...
Dragons of Autumn Twilight  (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #1) Dragons of Spring Dawning (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #3) Dragons of Winter Night (Dragonlance: Chronicles, #2) Time of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #1) War of the Twins (Dragonlance: Legends, #2)

“I have sinned enough against the world. Teaching magic to a kender would ensure my damnation. —Raistlin Majere” 23 likes