Daring to Dream, Holding the Dream, Finding the Dream (Dream trilogy #1-3)

Daring to Dream, Holding the Dream, Finding the Dream (Dream Trilogy #1-3)

4.29 of 5 stars 4.29  ·  rating details  ·  2,001 ratings  ·  59 reviews
Daring to Dream (1996)
Margo Sullivan returns home to Templeton house and her friends after her posh life as a model falls apart. As she tries to pick up the pieces, the long-simmering chemistry between her and Joshua Templeton finally comes to a boil.

Holding the Dream (1997)
Kate Powell has always felt indebted to the Templetons for taking her in after her parents deaths. A...more
Hardcover, Omnibus, 822 pages
Published 2002 by Jove (first published April 19th 1999)

Be the first to ask a question about Daring to Dream, Holding the Dream, Finding the Dream

Fedora
A very satisfying trilogy by Ms. Roberts--this includes the three titles Daring to Dream, Holding the Dream, and Finding the Dream. It's about three sisters of the heart, three girls who were blessed to be raised as sisters by Susan and Tommy Templeton, world-renown hoteliers.

Daring to Dream is about Margo Sullivan, the daughter of Ann Sullivan, the Templeton's housekeeper. A widowed Ann moved from Ireland with Margo when she was just four, and though Margo never lacked for anything while growin...more
Estara
Sep 08, 2012 Estara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers who like a lot of friendship and family with their romance
Recommended to Estara by: I used to love this series
Sharon
Although I'm always a bit irritated at the way her heroines have such distinct physiques (she never has two blond friends), I enjoy the way Roberts portrays strong female friendships, without any back-stabbing. A surprising amount of cussing (I cuss alot, myself, but I'm not used to reading the f-word) and smoking. A slight touch of mysticism, but not as bad as some of her witchy stories.
Debbie
I finally managed to find this book in the library so I could read the second two books in the Dream trilogy.

The second book is Holding the Dream and it is Kate's story. I didn't enjoy this one as much as the other two, perhaps because of Kate's personality. She is a worrier who lives off nervous energy, coffee and antacids. And she's an accountant which is not the most exciting of jobs!

Kate's well planned rise through the ranks at her accounting firm comes to an abrupt halt when she is accused...more
Jintana
ซีรีส์เกี่ยวกับความรัก ความผูกพัน และความสัมพันธ์ของหญิงสาว 3 คน 3 สไตล์ ที่เป็นเพื่อนกันมาตั้งแต่เด็กแต่ละคนมีความฝันแตกต่างกันแต่หลอมรวมเป็นหนึ่งเดียวกัน (แนวถนัดป้านอร่าอีกละ)

Daring to Dream เป็นเรื่องของ Margo สาวสวยลูกสาวของแม่บ้านตระกูล Templeton ที่มีความฝันอยากเป็นคนดังร่ำรวยมีทุกสิ่งทุกอย่างที่เธอคิดว่าเธอขาด Margo อาศัยอยู่ในบ้าน Templeton ตั้งแต่เด็ก เจ้าของบ้านให้ความรักและความเอ็นดูเธอเหมือนคนในครอบครัว เป็นเพื่อนกับลูกสาวเจ้าของบ้าน Laura และ Kate หลานสาวที่สามีภรรยา Templeton รับม...more
Annalyse Knight
The reason I picked up these books was because they are set in Big Sur/Monterey and I absolutely adore the Monterey Peninsula. Nora Roberts did an excellent job at putting me in the setting, though it's hard to know if that's because I know the area so well or if she actually painted the beauty of the cliffs of Big Sur so that an anyone would catch the magic of the area. I did notice a few things that didn't ring true from the perspective of a "local", so if Nora ever needs a pre-reader so she c...more
Joyce
I am not a huge fan of NR, have only read a few books but I cannot for the life of me see why people gave this one such great reviews. I expected better writing from an author of her stature & although this is one of her early ones,there were huge flaws. If she had her lead male characters IN ALL 3 BOOKS "run his tongue around his teeth" 1 more time I was going to toss the book. Also, running his hand over his face when stressed. In all 3 books, all 3 lead males did this. Over & over aga...more
Julia
The first book, Daring to Dream, gave me the tingles. That's what I loved most about it. Although Margo wasn't my favourite character out of the three girls, I utterly love Josh, and them together made my blood sing.
I really appreciate that Nora Roberts skipped some parts, and only stuck on the interesting things. The getting back on your feet and the falling in love.
Favourite language moment: on p.69, when Margo calls her jewelry her "glitters."
The second book, Holding the Dream, turned out...more
Cyrisse
Oct 22, 2008 Cyrisse rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: roamnce readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
Daring to Dream
Margo Sullivan had everything a young woman could ask for. But while growing up along the rocky cliffs of Monterey, she couldn't help but dream of bigger things. The daughter of the Templeton's stern Irish housekeeper, Margo had been treated like a member of the family. Deep down, she knew that money could not buy the one thing she craved most - her mother's acceptance. Maybe things would be different if she could be sweet like Laura - or had Kate's shrewd head for business. But a...more
Helmisade
Light summer reading - 2013 edition. Nora's trilogies are just the thing for a hot summer day even if there's always something that I find irritating. In this case it was the few times a man ("hero") casually holds a woman's head under water for as long as ten seconds. Ten seconds! That's enough time for me to have a full panic attack and get seriously angry. In the books it is of course considered amusing, endearing and playfull. Note to Nora: if someone pushes you under water for ten seconds i...more
Maggie
Ok, I just finished all 822 pages and although I liked each story individually, reading them back to back was a little disappointing. I really liked all the characters but each story just kinda stopped abruptly. Fell in love, got engaged and turn page, next story. I'm wondering if maybe taking the anticipation out of a trilogy somewhat kills the excitement of the story. I feel somewhat cheated out of the Laura story line, you find out what happened to Margo in the Kate story and then you find ou...more
Jo Anne
Always happy to settle in with a Nora Roberts in hand. This book contained her Dream trilogy. After a couple days of formula hot sex I'm ready to read a gory murder mystery.
Beth Pearson
Three books in one about 3 woman who have been raised as sisters and their different paths chosen in life and love. I liked the loyalty and sisterhood of them all and the shared dream of finding old treasure on their land. I was tired of the sex (however great it was) by the 2nd book and almost didn't read the 3rd. But, I did and actually liked that story the best of the 3. I agree with another reader that it might be because the feelings of love and passion were new to the 3rd character so that...more
Gloria
Mar 23, 2014 Gloria added it
Easy read, typical romance book.
Melanie
Loved it (them)! I've said it before, but it needs repeating. Nora Roberts has a great way of telling a love story. Her trilogies are wonderful because the reader can continue to share in the lives of each character, even when the focal point is on someone else. This was particularly nice as all three books were together. No waiting for the next one to be found (or published)! My one complaint here is that I don't know how their story ends. How about an epilogue? :)
Sarah Wallace
With all the newer authors I read on Kindle, I too frequently forget about my favorite old-standbys. Nora Roberts has never disappointed though and remains one of my favorite authors since I first started sneak-reading her books from my mom's collection as a young teenager. I love how she weaves together an entire family's story in her trilogies-this is one of my favorites! 3 very different women find themselves with 3 different but absolutely perfect-for-them men!
Margaret
Sep 25, 2008 Margaret rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fluffy readers
Recommended to Margaret by: book club selection
I read this book for a book club selection and I felt like I was reading the same story line 3 times in a row dragged out over 750 pages.
Woman has a crisis, meets man- hates man, crisis resolves, man and woman have mad and passionate sex, have fight, get back together and live happily ever after...
This is my first and last Nora Roberts book.
It makes me wonder how in the world this can become a #1 best seller. Is this really what America is reading????
Trisha
I got this as filler in case I got tired of all the mysteries that I had loaded for our cruise but never got around to reading it. Finally, I decided I needed a change of pace and found I had put off reading the best of the batch of books I had purchased. This trilogy was fabulous! I love how all three of them went from horrible situations to finding happiness, with a lot of love from their family and friends, and emerged way better than before their troubles.
Lori Crague
The Dream Trilogy by Nora Roberts. Each book centers around one of three girls who have been friends all their lives and they lives intertwine and how each finds love. The storyline is very interesting in how the girls meet - it has more of an enchanting feel. Great characters - wonderful love stories - great storyline for each book. You will not want to put them down until your finished.
Schimen Scott
One of my favorite Nora Robert's trilogy. Set in breathtaking Monterey, CA, amidst the grandeur of Templeton House (closely fashioned on Hilton)3 women are raised like sisters. They each face a unique destiny as they struggle to find the balance between their devotion to one another, their most personal dreams and of course love. I enjoy it every time I read it.
Bonnie
Nora Roberts is just a master of romantic literature. I rarely read a book of hers I don't enjoy and this trilogy was no exception. All three stories are tightly woven and the characters are real and likeable. She always manages to suspend my own reality and take me into a different world and I love that about her work.
Shannan Henry
Jessica
Just when I thought I had read pretty much everything that Nora Roberts wrote, this jem appears at the Lifeline Bookfest.

Trilogies is what Ms Roberts does best, especially ones focused on families.
I find myself always wandering what upcoming adventures will be in store for the members of the group.

Amanda
I enjoyed this book and all three stories. Although each story line is similar, I felt each woman being described was different, so women can relate to one of the characters. I also enjoyed how the dynamic of each relationship was different.
Elizabeth Myers
It's true that this book..or three books in one..was very similar to the "Three Sisters Island" trilogy. I did enjoy reading it but was frustrated by it's predictabilty. It was like reading the same story...three times in a row.
Amber
I have to agree with the comment Gloria made "I seem to enjoy Nora Roberts 3 sisters type formula." Good trilogy great family ties good story. The third one lacked a little for me but they can't all be like the Island witch series.
Sheri
These three stories were utterly predictable, standard romance-novel fluff. I guess I should know better than to read romance novels. They all start to sound the same ... and these three definitely sounded the same.
Tina
Feb 24, 2010 Tina added it
...awesome read. ce mon cheri qui m'as achete ce livre. ce interessant, et educatif au meme temps. j'ai pas encore fini et je ne veux pas parceque ce un beau livre, tres beau a mon avis, lisez-le!!!
Andie Blackwood
This is not a book you are going to learn anything from but I am a sucker for a romance novel when my life is stressful and hectic. I like this for mindless distraction to REAL life!!
Haylie
Oct 02, 2007 Haylie rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Teenage girls to women
Shelves: romance
If you like a good love story, then this is the book for you. The three books it has in it are really good. They are funny and are totally for girls. Guys won't like it very much!
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • The Edge of Light (Dark Ages of Britain, #3)
  • Reunion in Death (In Death, #14)
  • Secret Baby, Convenient Wife
  • Angels All Over Town
  • All They Need
  • Twilight Prophecy (Wings in the Night, #17) (Children of Twilight, #1)
  • Love Song for a Raven
  • Out of the Mist (Stewart Sisters, #1)
  • Cowboy-Sexy
  • Dark Nights, Dark Dreams (Sisterhood of the Sight, #1)
  • Delighted
  • A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4) (Silhouette Special Edition #1939)
  • A Season Beyond a Kiss
  • Eyes of Justice (Triple Threat, #4)
  • Shadows of Yesterday
  • Lancaster Brides (Brides of Lancaster County, #1-4)
  • Texas Heat (Texas, #2)
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her...more
More about Nora Roberts...