Start by marking “One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)” as Want to Read:
One Summer (Celebrity Magazine, #2)

One Summer (Celebrity Magazine #2)

3.68  ·  Rating Details ·  1,808 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews

RIVALS

Bryan Mitchell and Shade Wilder. She was America's greatest celebrity photographer. He was one of the world's most respected photojournalists.

COMPANIONS

They were working together, traveling across the country, recording two views of one American summer. They we complete opposites. And yet they each felt a passion that was destined to draw them together.

LOVERS

Mass Market Paperback, 220 pages
Published May 1st 1993 by Silhouette (first published 1986)

To ask other readers questions about One Summer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Summer

Pride and Prejudice by Jane AustenPersuasion by Jane AustenThe Princess Bride by William GoldmanOur Mutual Friend by Charles DickensThe Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Titles that start with O, P, or Q
367th out of 878 books — 70 voters
Hold Still by Nina LaCourVision in White by Nora RobertsSaving June by Hannah HarringtonThe Lotus Eaters by Tatjana SoliLove the One You're With by Emily Giffin
Fictional Photographers
62nd out of 126 books — 35 voters

More lists with this book...

Jess
Road tripping photographers fall in love. What's not to like???
Romanticdryad
Jul 04, 2014 Romanticdryad rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Cute and fluffy. Like most romances, this one pretty much goes where you expect. Two people who seem to be at odds, fall for each other dealing with some bumps on the way.

Unlike some of her more epic books, this Nora Roberts tale is pretty intimate. Most of the book is just Shade and Bryan (odd names) and scenery. It's a road trip story and I enjoyed learning little bits about different parts of the US. Roberts' descriptions were interesting enough that I wanted to go to parts the States I've ne
Deepika
Oct 30, 2012 Deepika rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The most boring book I've ever read. Waste of time.

Its true... Don't judge a book by its cover! How can a book with such a lovely cover be so boring!!
Melodie
May 05, 2014 Melodie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
One Summer is the second installment of the Celebrity Magazine series. This one follows the prickly romance that develops between Celebrity photographer Bryan Mitchell and photojournalist Shade Wilder.
The two are sent off on a cross country mission to capture summer. It doesn't take long for sparks to fly as they try to get along in close quarters, each believing the other to be a royal pain in the ass.Of course the inevitable happens,even though both had decided that it shouldn't and wouldn't
Megha
Mar 29, 2014 Megha rated it it was ok
Thats it. Am done. Either Am too old or i have read too many of her books but am finding Nora Roberts monotonous which i never thought was possible. My last few books i read were less than liked them. They are boring, tedious and utterly repetitive. They are romance. But i read so many varieties of romance that am finding the old Nora Roberts boring. Its getting difficult to like her books and am so sorry that this happened. I could always depend upon her and now i feel as if someone died.
Aurelia Rowl

A fun, enjoyable, read with two strong, intriguing, main characters
Carina Carvalho
Oct 31, 2016 Carina Carvalho rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lindo! Um amor de verão que se torna num amor para a vida ❤️
Terri
Sep 19, 2016 Jumi Ramirez rated it really liked it
Nice
Cláudia Martins
3,5
Gostei bastante do livro, a histórias de dois famosos fotógrafos que se juntam numa autocaravana para descreverem em fotos o Verão na costa dos Estados Unidos. Achei interessante as 2 formas de ver/observar que os fotógrafos utilizam para contar uma história, assim como o que geralmente procuram.
Apesar de tudo faltou conteúdo, faltou mais qualquer coisa, é certo que o livro é pequeno mas...
Tiffanie
Jan 17, 2014 Tiffanie rated it it was amazing
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!
Bryan is a photographer she looks at life in the most innocent way. She was married once an it didn't work out she loved her work more and there just wasn't room for both in her life an she choose her work.

Shade is a cynic man who looks at the world as dark place an those are the type of pictures he creates. When he did a stint over seas getting pictures the lady from that country that he met and fell in love with played him for a fool she was only ge
Maura
Julie
"One Summer" started out as a promising story. The back cover copy -- two photographers, one summer-long road-trip -- totally hooked me. It seemed like the kind of story that was tailor-made for me. I'm into photography, and I'm a sucker for road-trip stories, especially road-trip stories that involve a romance. I had to read this.

Nora Roberts is a good writer. This was my first time reading her stuff, and I was impressed by her skills. She's as famous as she is for a reason. However, this book
Julia
Sep 15, 2016 Julia rated it really liked it
This was sweet and lovely and very summer-y. It was also very visual and aesthetically pleasing. I'd love to drive across the country in a van. And Bryan and Shade were great.
Kathy Davie
Jan 20, 2016 Kathy Davie rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Second in the Celebrity Magazine romance series with the focus on Bryan Mitchell and Shade Colby.

In 1986, One Summer won the Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award.

My Take
An interesting look at America through a summer road trip with a fascinating look into the minds of two photographers. I very much enjoyed reading their point of view in how they chose the photographs they would take and how they approached their subjects.

The Story
Bryan Mitchell probes for the underlying character of the celebr
Leanne Hunt
Apr 01, 2015 Leanne Hunt rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I found this to be an enjoyable read; not too heavy and not too challenging. The plot is simple. Two photographers on assignment agree to keep their relationship strictly professional because they are apt to get on each other's nerves even though there is chemistry between them. Bryan enjoys photographing close-ups of people in their natural settings, showing an idealised version of summer in America. Shade likes to shoot photos that highlight the not-so-glamorous side of life, thanks to his ...more
Andreia Silva
Nunca tinha lido nada da Nora Roberts (uma vergonha, eu sei) e por isso, apesar de já ter ouvido milhares de coisas sobre ela, não sabia muito bem o que esperar. Este "Amor de Verão", como foi editado pela Harlequin esperava um romance levezinho que me aquecesse neste frio sábado.

De facto é uma história simples: dois fotógrafos que são obrigados a partilhar uma carrinha, um trabalho e um verão. Ora o que é que é o óbvio: vão-se apaixonar. Não, não me surpreendi mas não me chateei com isso! É um
Jen
Jun 04, 2016 Jen rated it liked it
Shelves: nora-roberts
Shade Colby and Bryan Mitchell are both photographers, but each has their own style and subject matter. Shade gets into the grit of life and has spent a good portion of time traveling through war torn countries taking photographs that haunt a person. Bryan Mitchell has made her living photographing the glamorous of Hollywood, but pulling out the humanity. When Shade and Bryan are given the opportunity to travel across America and create a photo journal, both jump at the chance to explore unknown ...more
Милена Божинова
I loved this story. I couldn't put it down!

Bryan an shade have been teamed up to do a article and they have to take the summer to travel across the country taking pictures together. From the
Sophie
Mar 08, 2013 Sophie rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, 2013
When Byran and Shade come together to do a photo project of the America in the summer you better believe it gets steamy. Shade photographs places and events, capturing the essence of anything through a photo. Brian photographs people, caching ones fillings and desires through a picture.

The two people do not like each other very well. However when you are in a car for hours a day together their less than pleasant emotions for each other quickly turn to something more.

One summers in an enticing ro
Stephanie
Jun 20, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-good-reads
Who would have thought that Bryan would resign from the magazine to start on her own. Then go on an assignment with another photographer she thought she hated to finally fall in love and have all what she really wanted be given to her.

I loved the story and loved to read about Hunter and Lee again. It was good to read about the fact that she would have her first book published and that she and Hunter have their first child together on the way. I simply loved the second installment of Celebrity Ma
Julie Barrett
Feb 27, 2014 Julie Barrett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One Summer
Two photographers are thrown together for several months. Problem is they are sexually attracted to one another.
Ryan Mitchell is a complication...Shaye is having a hard time ignoring her.
They need to be on the east coast by Labor Day and they've charted out their courses. Lots of travel and nature. Love the choices they are at
the end of their journey...

Kate Millin
Aug 08, 2016 Kate Millin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two photographers with different styles, have been asked to do a project capturing America in the summer. It means they are going to spend a lot of time together - interesting as they both like to work alone and do not know each other. Bryan takes pictures of celebrities, she likes to get to know then and prefers to focus on people and get photos that show their inner selves. Shade has taken photos in some very dangerous places. It takes time for them to work out how to work together.
Andrea
Jul 19, 2011 Andrea rated it really liked it
It deserves 4 1/2 stars. I am determined to read all of Nora Roberts books. I find her earlier work, even though it is good, is not quite the quality she writes now. This one shocked me. I loved it. I think with the romance and then the underlying meaning she put into it, made it great. It wasn't just a story, but it made you think about the little things in life. This one even though it was shorter than her novels now, definitely felt like a Nora Roberts now.
Maggie
Jun 07, 2010 Maggie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This was just okay. My biggest complaint was that I read this on audio and the narrator made me crazy. First of all the differences between the main characters "voices" weren't different enough and I couldn't tell who was talking and secondly the female main character was named Bryan and the narrator kept calling her HE!!! I was confused for a good half the book before I realized that the narrator was confusing the pronouns! So very frustrating!
Brenda Margriet
One of NR's older - as evidence by the FILM cameras - but still enjoyed it. Bryan (she) and Shade (he) are rival photographers who are hired to travel from California to Cape Cod documenting one summer in America. I loved the flow of the book, travelling from place to place, and like gruff Shade and free-wheeling Bryan. Was the usual competent, enjoyable read.
Deborah Vespo
Oct 26, 2012 Deborah Vespo rated it liked it
Two renowned photojournalists are hired to work together to cross America and create a summer pictorial book. They both have past issues to resolve and find themselves developing a friendship that of course evolves into love. Another romance, but of course it's Nora Roberts and I can't turn a book of hers away. Good read!
Carol
Jun 20, 2011 Carol rated it liked it
I will not be reading any more romances no matter how good the thumbnail is. I have finally figured out that the little story is just the vehicle to get from on sex scene to the next. This took me a long time to figure out : ( It's a shame because the story was fairly good. Good thing there's lots of other books to read!!
Sonia Cristina
Não foi dos melhores que já li; teve foi um final muito querido, que me emocionou e o epílogo, coisa rara em Nora Roberts, foi muito giro também. Tirando isto, não fiquei impressionada com os personagens nem com o romance. Outra coisa gira foi os lugares por onde passaram e as cenas de cada um desses lugares.
Julie C-f
The dream trip the hubby and I want to have some day. Not necessarily across America but somewhere closer to home.

Boring and dragging in some parts with conflicted emotions and feelings in between, the chemistry between Bryan and Shade (Colby) is a strong connection for two very different persons and yet the have the same similarities.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Cinderella Solution
  • A Little Moonlight
  • A Reckless Beauty (Romney Marsh, #5)
  • The Wedding Dress (The McDaniels, #3)
  • Exposed: Misbehaving with the Magnate (Hot Bed of Scandal #1)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • All They Need
  • I Do, I Do, I Do
  • Witchcraft
  • Twelve Across
  • Hired Husband (Fortune's Children #1)
  • The Hidden Heart (Aincourt's Hearts, #2)
  • Led Astray (Hellraisers, #1)
  • Silver Bullet (My Immortal Knight, #6)
  • Christmas Weddings: His Christmas Eve Proposal / Snowbound Bride / Their Christmas Vows
  • Dating the Rebel Tycoon (The Kellys of Brisbane, #1)
  • After Hours
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

Celebrity Magazine (2 books)
  • Second Nature (Celebrity Magazine, #1)