Start by marking “Carnal Learning” as Want to Read:
Carnal Learning

Carnal Learning

When Oliver’s mother marries a man from Montreal, Oliver leaves Toronto in order to be there for his mother. He is surprised and just a little concerned when his lover tells him he is making the right decision in moving away. When he meets Andre, the prodigal son of the man his mother marries, Oliver is preoccupied by the fact that his lover hasn’t contacted him since he ...more
Published June 1st 2011 by eXtasy Books

To ask other readers questions about Carnal Learning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnal Learning

Serena Yates
Jun 12, 2011 Serena Yates rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
This is one of those great stories that start out as a seemingly light read. Yes, it is pretty much angst free. Yes, at first glance it looks a little 'fluffy', even though, personally, I would prefer to call it 'sweet'. And, yes, the characters aren't overly complicated. Or - are they? Have you looked at the dedication? There's a hint for you right there!

Oliver (who tells this story) is so obsessed with his current boyfriend that he misses the warning signs in that relationship completely. As I
A.J. Llewellyn
Jun 14, 2011 A.J. Llewellyn rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-own-a-copy
I loved this story. It's one of DJ's lighter ones to be sure, but it still packs an emotional wallop.
When I was 21, I fell for the wrong guy too and was probably just as naive as Oliver. The complexities of romance, rejection and self-discovery are cannon fodder in this extremely talented author's hands. I wanted things to work out for Oliver and Andre...and I won't give away everything but I'll just say I wish I'd had a teacher like Andre when I was a goofy 21-year-old.

D.J. Manly proves once
Ami
Oliver thinks that he is in love (even if everyone he knows think that his boyfriend, Randy, is a jerk). But Randy seems to cheat on him when Oliver moves to Montreal, and he needs to do something to get him back. Enter Andre, his stepbrother, who is wild and adventurous and experienced, who is willing to teach Oliver inside the bedroom. Oh, yes, Oliver will not be boring and simply sweet anymore.

Like MandyM said, this novella is a light, angst-free story. I'm not very much liking Oliver as a c
Arthur
Jun 14, 2011 Arthur rated it really liked it
I'm really torn about this book. On the one hand, I found it really engaging book. The chemistry between Andre and Oliver is there. On the other hand, I hate any kind of cheating in my mm romance. Yet, I'm rooting a bit for Oliver. Like when I read "Meant for each other", I want Oliver to be happy even though I knew that what he's doing is nothing but cheating. I guess my rational for liking him is that Randy seems to cheat on him big times, although I cannot say that he abuses Oliver.

In any cas
Alina
Mar 11, 2013 Alina rated it it was amazing
Sweet and lovely story.
I loved both guys - Andre was just great, so patient and understanding and it took a while for Oliver to decide for himself what he really wanted, but I'm happy he made the right choice.
Short, but very good and satisfying read!
Lucy
Aug 15, 2011 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5. Told in first person POV by Oliver, who is in love with his boyfriend, Randy, and wants a commitment. Randy, at 26 being five years Oliver's senior, claims to be "not ready". When Oliver's mother gets engaged and moves 800 miles away, from Toronto to Montreal, she wants Oliver to transfer colleges and come with her. Randy not only doesn't complain, he encourages the move. Ten days pass with no word from Randy.

On the day of the wedding, while feverishly checking his phone for messages, Oliv
Mandapanda
Jun 02, 2011 Mandapanda rated it liked it
Shelves: various-romance
This is a light and sexy short story by a good writer. Oliver's finding it hard to let go of his old boyfriend who has obviously moved on. His new stepbrother offers to teach Ollie how to become a better lover to get his boyfriend back. But are his motives truly altruistic?... of course not!;) Ollie is supposed to be an innocent but he just felt a bit manipulative to me. Alex is a doll! I'm starting to realise that I don't appreciate epilogues in very short stories. I think it's enough to sugges ...more
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Lucy
Publisher: eXstasy Books
Genre: M/M Contemporary

Check out the review on http://heartsonfirereviews.com/
Bogusia
Bogusia rated it it was amazing
Jul 01, 2012
Isabel
Isabel rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2011
kasjo_peja
Jun 15, 2011 kasjo_peja rated it liked it
Fast and fluffy read. Nothing extraordinary. Oliver was alternatively sweet, brazen and stupid.
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Aug 27, 2016
Meganjoy
Meganjoy rated it liked it
Jun 12, 2012
Cassandra
Cassandra rated it liked it
Feb 26, 2012
Juli
Juli rated it liked it
Jul 11, 2011
Raji
Raji rated it really liked it
Jan 23, 2013
Melamory
Melamory rated it it was amazing
Mar 11, 2013
Tailtiu
Tailtiu rated it liked it
Aug 14, 2012
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Oct 21, 2011
Enny
Enny rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2011
Sorciere666
Sorciere666 rated it really liked it
Mar 04, 2012
Nina
Nina rated it liked it
Apr 16, 2015
Mashkai
Mashkai rated it liked it
Nov 09, 2011
Ege
Ege rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2015
Rom-addict
Rom-addict rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2012
Laureen
Laureen rated it liked it
Nov 07, 2011
Gabrielle Elliot
Gabrielle Elliot rated it liked it
Aug 17, 2011
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it really liked it
Aug 03, 2016
Laurita
Laurita rated it really liked it
Nov 04, 2011
Krista
Krista rated it it was amazing
Oct 06, 2015
I write not only for my own pleasure, but for the pleasure of my readers. I can’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t written and told stories. When I’m not writing, I’m dreaming about writing, doing something wild and adventurous, or trying to make the world a better and more open minded place to live in. I adore beautiful men, and I know I’m not alone in this! Eroticism between consenting ...more
More about D.J. Manly...