Start by marking “Closure” as Want to Read:
Closure

Closure (Closure #1)

Ben Morgan thought he had it all - fame, fortune, a beloved wife, and a loving family. His work kept him out of the country for long stretches at a time, but he did his best to provide for those he loved. He never imagined that his being away so much would have severe repercussions. When his life starts to shatter and his wife walks away without another glance, he's left t ...more
Kindle Edition, 1rst Edition, 21 pages
Published May 15th 2011 by L. D. B. Press

To ask other readers questions about Closure, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Closure

Alexander Martinez
Jun 16, 2011 Alexander Martinez rated it it was amazing
I gotta admit that I'm a little biased when it comes to Lizzie's writing. I've known her for so long that it's kinda second nature not to like the stuff that she dishes out. But that's how friends usually are, right? We tend to like whatever a friend throws our way.

Anyway, enough of that rambling. When Liz first gave me this book to read, it actually took me awhile before actually sitting down to read it. But in the long run, it was worth reading. Yea, she modeled the MC's features around Ben Ba
Kayla Eklund
Closure was an okay short story. At 15 pages, it only took a few minutes to read. My main problem with the story was that Ben’s wife, Ellie, was a complete jerk. She didn’t participate with his family. She was rude to his mother just because his mother didn’t like her. When she left Ben after being married to him for six years, she used half assed non-specific reasons for leaving. She didn’t even give Ben a chance to try to change. She just assumed he wouldn’t and left. Poor Ben was standing the ...more
Brea Essex
Jul 31, 2011 Brea Essex rated it it was amazing
“Closure” was so sad! The story begins with Ben just after his wife leaves him. He’s trying to adjust to not having her around anymore. He thinks back to the last day he spent with his wife, Ellie. She acted fine around his family and her announcement that she was leaving came suddenly. You could tell how much Ben really loved Ellie. He had planned their whole future and it’s understandable why he had a hard time dealing with her leaving. By the end of the story, I found myself really disliking ...more
Lynn Worton
May 31, 2012 Lynn Worton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a very short story that touched me. Ben is happily married (or so he thinks) when his world is completely shattered.
This story is very well written, but it was so short that I finished it in about 10-15 minutes! Mind you, I'm a fast reader and I'm used to reading a 500 page book in a day or two, so it seemed to be over in a flash! The author has managed to pack a huge emotional punch into her short story. I will be looking out for more of her books in the future. I recommend this book if
Jenny needham
Mar 21, 2012 Jenny needham rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this was a really good thought provoking book, with a realistic and emotional story-line. I really enjoyed this short story, with the in depth emotions and the realistic characters. A definite good short story read.
Carrie Webber
Feb 04, 2013 Carrie Webber rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really short story that packed a lot in fifteen pages. It made me so many emotions I was actually drained when I finished. I wish the author would take this idea and make it into a longer novel.
Rhoda
Oct 20, 2011 Rhoda rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Firstly I would like to thank the author for the opportunity to read and review this book, as I won it as part of First Reads.

As a short story, it's quite beautifully written, apart from what I would call the "Americanisms" in some of the language - specifically the insertion of "of" where it is not required (eg "got off of the bed" - if you don't get "on of" the bed, then why would you get "off of" the bed??) and also the omission of "of" in other places (eg "couple times" - as a non-American,
Ingrid Jonach
Nov 29, 2011 Ingrid Jonach rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was sad when this story ended. I wanted more closure (geddit?)!

Seriously though, it was beautifully written and you get to know the characters intimately over the course of this short story. I turned the last page and was like - dammit! I actually went back and read it a second time — just so I could spend more time with the characters, especially the protagonist, Ben. He was tragically heartbroken about his wife leaving him (I know, what a b***h).

The author Lissette has managed to pack a th
Alexia Purdy
Jul 12, 2012 Alexia Purdy rated it it was amazing
Heartfelt short story about Ben, who works in movies and spends lots of time abroad with his work. His wife Ellie is the love of his life. He thinks all is well, but one fateful day, the world crumbles his perfect vision of it.

I enjoyed this story very much. Very descriptive and you get to feel Ben’s emotions and thoughts throughout. I felt so bad for him. To be in his own bubble in his mind to have it popped suddenly was shocking.

I felt his pain alongside him and hoped for some sort of redempt
Shireen Nemnich
Mar 29, 2012 Shireen Nemnich rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anyone who has been in a long term relationship and has to end it because it just isn't working can definitely relate and understand this story.

This is the second book I've read by this author and I'm still impressed with the visual she insights in my mind. Her writing is lovely and her word usage is just as lovely. Her short stories are very good and very intriguing. I'm hoping she will expand her writing and give us a novella or a much grander scale and a full length novel.
Amanda Chalifoux
sounds like a heartbreaking story having to go through his wife leaving cause he is never home. that would crush me if my spouse left me. But it does sound like a really good book & I would love to read it and make a review of it.
Lili
Jun 13, 2012 Lili rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novel, kindle
I’m afraid I was disappointed as I hadn’t realised this was a short story, I enjoyed what I did read - then it ended abruptly. The author gave us an insight into the sadness of a marriage breakup and it was a sad, interesting take on the husband’s emotions dealing with the breakup.
Melissa Pomeroy
A short story about the saddness a man experiences after his wife leaves him. He is left to deal with the pain of his choice of spending too much time away from his home. I recieved this book through Goodreads First Reads.
Gabriela
This book, even though is short, illustrates each emotion very nicely. The only problem was that at times it was a bit hard to follow the flow of the story because of the language/word choice.
Hana Pertiwi
Hana Pertiwi rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2012
Edgar
Edgar rated it it was amazing
Oct 28, 2013
Lashawn
Lashawn rated it it was amazing
Apr 01, 2012
Lissette
Sep 02, 2011 Lissette rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Lisle
Amanda Lisle rated it it was ok
Sep 09, 2013
Menardo V.Pineda
Menardo V.Pineda rated it really liked it
Mar 31, 2012
Eliesthel
Eliesthel rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2011
Independent Author
Independent Author rated it it was amazing
Mar 25, 2012
Kirsten
Kirsten rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012
Lynette Rose
Lynette Rose rated it really liked it
May 20, 2012
Cheryl
Cheryl rated it it was amazing
Apr 29, 2012
Books
Books rated it liked it
Feb 18, 2013
Icy
Icy rated it really liked it
Jan 19, 2014
Marylar
Marylar rated it really liked it
May 14, 2012
Lenore Wolfe
Lenore Wolfe rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2012
Nancy
Nancy rated it it was amazing
Mar 04, 2013
  • Out of Harmony
  • When The Dust Settles - I Am Still Standing:  A True Hollywood Story
  • A Kiss In the Rain
  • Escaping from Reality Without Really Trying: 40 Years of High Seas Travels and Lowbrow Tales
  • Clear As Day (The River #2)
  • The Sulphur Cure
  • The Newbie's Guide to Publishing
  • Atlantean (Eternal Trilogy, #1)
  • The Schliemann Legacy
  • Makeda
  • Revenge of the Penmonkey
  • Twice as Dark
  • The Prince of Soul and The Lighthouse
  • The Root of Thought: Unlocking Glia--The Brain Cell That Will Help Us Sharpen Our Wits, Heal Injury, and Treat Brain Disease
  • Fairy Visions
  • Not Magic Enough (The Coming Storm, #3)
  • Soul-Centered: Transform Your Life in 8 Weeks with Meditation
  • Wormwood
Lissette E. Manning is an author from Connecticut. She has been writing since she was six-years-old, and spends most of her time trying to place her thoughts into order and giving life to the stories that are always brewing inside her head.

She enjoys reading books, listening to music, playing the occasional video game, watching movies, and spending time with friends and family. She’s also a bit o
More about Lissette E. Manning...

Closure (2 books)