Start by marking “Reader's Digest Book of Facts: Essential and Intriguing Information About This Odd World Around Us” as Want to Read:

4.17 of 5 stars 4.17  ·  rating details  ·  64 ratings  ·  4 reviews
s/t: Essential and Intriguing Information About This Odd World Around Us
From Library Journal
First published in Britain in 1985 as a combination almanac, encyclopedia, and trivia collection, this book succeeds best as a collection of trivia. A good fact book should be designed to answer ready reference questions and Book of Facts has deficiencies in this respect. The inform
Published September 1st 1987 by Readers Digest (first published 1985)

To ask other readers questions about Reader's Digest Book of Facts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reader's Digest Book of Facts

Heather
I loved this book when I was a kid. I thought the pictures were absolutely fascinating. I tore little strips of paper to mark every page that I thought had a great picture (so, basically I used a whole ream of paper) and every time my grandparents came to visit I had to show them all my marked pages. Found this copy at a yard sale for 50 cents, and it doesn't appear to have ever been opened. Maybe I'll get to tearing those strips and mark my favorite pictures again . . . . .
Jen3n
I got this for Christmas when I was ten years old and read it so much that I wore the dang cover almost off. Loved this book. STILL love this book. My geekiness showed early.
Theresa
a limited and dated resource
Joza Juan
I'm excited to read this.
Angel Kaamiño
Angel Kaamiño marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2015
Aaron Angel
Aaron Angel marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Tumi Mphachoe
Tumi Mphachoe marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2015
Kayla
Kayla added it
May 28, 2015
Aly
Aly marked it as to-read
May 17, 2015
Kostas
Kostas marked it as to-read
May 16, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 13, 2015
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2015
Jaz Mhine
Jaz Mhine marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
Jakeh
Jakeh is currently reading it
Apr 28, 2015
Kaylee
Kaylee marked it as to-read
Apr 18, 2015
Em
Em added it
Apr 18, 2015
Danika
Danika marked it as to-read
Apr 16, 2015
Reg
Reg marked it as to-read
Apr 06, 2015
Wade
Wade added it
Apr 01, 2015
Marium
Marium marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Jurah Mae
Jurah Mae marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2015
Ghelgloriagmail.Com
Ghelgloriagmail.Com marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Mika Miralles
Mika Miralles marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2015
Mar Bads
Mar Bads marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2015
Steven Chang
Steven Chang marked it as to-read
Feb 01, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
ReaDers Digest 1 2 Oct 12, 2013 05:17PM
  • Uncle John's Bathroom Reader (Uncle John's Bathroom Reader, #1)
  • The Ultimate Book of Useless Information: A Few Thousand More Things You Might Need to Know (But Probably Don't)
  • Book of Totally Useless Information
  • Abnormal Psychology
  • The Hardy Boys Detective Handbook
  • Introduction to Psychology
  • The Complete Book of Long-Distance Cycling: Build the Strength, Skills, and Confidence to Ride as Far as You Want
  • Learning PHP 5
  • Learning XML
  • A Man's Life: Dispatches from Dangerous Places
  • Phantom Encounters (Mysteries of the Unknown)
  • Close Friends
  • Computer Graphics Using OpenGL
  • Psychic Powers (Mysteries Of The Unknown)
  • Mystic Places (Mysteries of the Unknown, #1)
  • Big Java
  • Linux Administration Handbook
  • Ripley's Believe It or Not! Planet Eccentric!
The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. is a global media and direct marketing company based in Chappaqua, New York, best known for its flagship publication founded in 1922, Reader's Digest. The company's headquarters are in New York City, where it moved from Pleasantville, New York.

The company was founded by DeWitt and Lila Wallace in 1922 with the first publication of Reader's Digest magazine, but
More about Reader's Digest Association...
Back to Basics New Complete Guide to Sewing Strange Stories, Amazing Facts The Girl Who Chased the Moon / Rainwater Laughter Really Is The Best Medicine: America's Funniest Jokes, Stories, and Cartoons