Start by marking “Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)” as Want to Read:
Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain, #2)

Texas Princess (Whispering Mountain #2)

4.13 of 5 stars 4.13  ·  rating details  ·  794 ratings  ·  45 reviews

RITA Award winner Jodi Thomas continues her Whispering Mountain series with this second installment. Horse breeder Tobin McMurray doesn't venture too far

from his homestead. But when a Texas senator offers Tobin handsome compensation to deliver a horse to his daughter and teach her how to ride, he grudgingly agrees. Soon Tobin finds himself falling in love with the beautifu

MP3 Book, 0 pages
Published July 15th 2010 by Recorded Books, LLC (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Texas Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Texas Princess

This started extremelly well, only to have the heroine make a couple of stupid decisions near the end. It seems my fate to run into TSTL heroines lately:) Plus the ending was anticlimatic with the bad guy left to wander off.
Nevertheless, liked the book and the writing. I'll probably listen to the next one of the series as well. I just hope this heroine has more brains in her head.
I found this one at the library and decided to try it. I read a few others in this series and skipped this one for some reason. I liked it. It flowed nicely and didn't lag much. Tobin was a wonderful hero but I wasn't as fond of Libby. I thought Libby had a few borderline TSTL moments that made me mad. But I'd recommend it to fans of American West Romances.
I really enjoyed this book more than the 1st in the series. I felt the connection and the romance more. I loved Tobin because he was strong and silent but he also had a gentle side to him. The plot was flowing and I kept wondering if the bad guys were going to get them. I love the unity of this family. Overall this was a good western romance!
Spotted this one in the library in LARGE PRINT, which is great for reading in the gym while sweating away on the elliptical! I had not yet read a Jodi Thomas romance and I like western themes, so I thought I'd give this one a chance. Overall, it was like watching a Lifetime Channel movie, entertaining but nothing special. Jodi Thomas starts Chapter One by telling us that it's the "Texas Hill Country in 1855" and I thank her for that because there isn't much else in her writing to give us a clue ...more
So sweet! I really like the shy strong silent type!
Tobin McMurray and his brother, Teagen, raised horses at Whispering Mountain Ranch. Teagen returned from a trip to deliver one of their horses to the daughter of Senator James Mayfield, Liberty Mayfield. Someone was trying to kill the senator and Teagen felt that Tobin was the person to protect Liberty. Teagen and the senator arranged for Tobin to return and deliver a different horse to the Mayfields. Tobin would pretend to kidnap Liberty to get her away from the senator so that he would not hav ...more
The second in the Whispering Mountain series and while it was a good book I enjoyed the first one more. However, this book was well-developed and had a some good action to go with it.
'It doesn't matter where we live. If I'm with you, I'm home.' *sighhh*

May contain spoilers

Lea's Audiobooks Hensley
Narrated by Linda Stephens

Jodi Thomas writes a good western and it is a genre I thoroughly enjoy. Give me a strong quite cowboy who doesn’t carry too much angst and keeps the violence to a minimum, and I’m highly tempted to fall for him. Give me a good narrator and I’m listening with delight. Texas Princess delivers on the first count but the second? Not so much.

Tobin McMurray is a solitary man who is completely satisfied working on his family’s ranch raising horses. He doesn’t especially like t
Of the hot-and-heavy romances of the Whispering Mountain series, Tobin and Liberty take the cake. The story itself is fun and interesting too. It is a good read and the characters are likable. Tobin is the horse-guy of the series, so I am a little biased in my liking of him since I am a horse-person in real life. He's pretty quiet, but I wouldn't call him shy. While Liberty has a damsel-in-distress air about her, she is still is good heroine that keeps you reading.

This is a very good member of
Tonya Warner
Tobin McMurray faced death at a young age. Beyond his own near death, he witnessed the death of his mother, and endured the death of his father. Tobin and his brothers and sister survived and worked together to keep their ranch safe. Having to go and play nice with a Texas Princess in the form of a spoiled senator's daughter was not his goal in life, but Tobin knew the family would benefit.

Liberty Mayfield might have been a spoiled girl, but she also was spirited and intelligent. Having to get p
Tobin turned out to a surprise, that the introvert would fall for a Washington socialite.

I enjoyed the strength & endurance of the main characters as well as the skill Tobin learn from his mother's people.

Quite an adventure.
There were so many nonsensical things and loose ends in this book it was a real dissappointment. The plotline itself didn't make a lot of sense--I had expected the whole thing with her father and her fiancee to go in a different direction and it sort of just "petered out" in the end rather than actually developing.

Could not figure out what the hero and heroine saw in each other, and the hero's "issues" were built up and then immediately dumped when they got in the way of the plot (particularly
Ever since he defended the Whispering Mountain Ranch as a boy, Tobin McMurray vowed to steer clear of outsiders. But something about Liberty Mayfield has made it impossible to keep his distance.
Heather in FL
This is my first Jodi Thomas. I didn't read the first one, but I can probably figure out who it was about. :-) I loved Tobin. I loved that he was the strong, silent type. I loved that he fought for Libby so many times. Their first coupling was so sweet. I knew Stella was going to be bad news when they brought her along. Bee-otch. And I loved that Libby started getting used to ranch life. I wanted to shoot her every time she talked about going "home" because I knew her home was with Tobin. It was ...more
Debbie Dodd
I really enjoyed this book.
fluff but nice story
I absolutely loved this book. I loved Tobin from the start and I completely related to Libby 100%, being a spoiled "princess" myself! I loved that the main focus was on the H/h, not some other outside sub-plot. There was great dialog(for a shy, quiet man, he sure has the right words) and the interaction & chemistry between characters was wonderful! Can't wait to read the next in the series. This one is easily a favorite for me! Reminds me of the country song that says, "a back woods boy and ...more
At first I was not sure how well I would like this book. It was a bit slow in the beginning for me but I stuck to it wanting to see if it would pick up a bit. When it did, I did not want to put it down. I fell in love with each of the characters but a few. As the story progressed I felt as if I was getting to know new friends. I have to say that this book is one of the best romance books I have read in a very long time. I will definetly read this book again and again!
Another good book by Jodi Thomas!
I think I likes this one better than the first, I think that's because I liked tobin's character more than Travis'. I don't love stories with abuse in them and so far both books have included it. That's probably why this series is ranking low for me, if I can find book three on audio I will consider reading it. Otherwise, I might try a different Jodi Thomas series (I love the harmony series).
WOW! what a great story. Tobin was the best kind of hero!
Dec 14, 2008 Wendy rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cowboy romance lovers
You will love Tobin! Here is nother cowboy to dream about. Tobin is an unlikely hero for Liberty. They come from different worlds, yet seem to find common ground to find love. Liberty is spoiled and used to getting her way yet you see a great strength in her when peril comes. Find time for this one.
Okay, let's just say I LOVE all the Jodi Thomas books! My friend introduced them to me one summer and I haven't been able to stop reading them. Her book are some of the few book that I can read over and over again. I HIGHLY suggest all her books to anyone!
I enjoyed this historical western the second in the series. The story of Tobin and Liberty was satisfyingly western with plenty of romance. It also included at one time or another the other family members and I loved catching up with their lives.
Book 2 of the "Whispering Mountain" series. The gal is abit into herself. Somewhat spoiled. I had a hard time liking her even up till the end of the tale. Overall I enjoyed the book very much. All of Jodi Thomas books are good reads.
This was a great story just like the first in this series. I love the brothers this series features. Plan on not getting anything done while reading these books.
  • The Bridegroom (Stone Creek, #5)
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
  • Open Country (Blood Rose, #2)
  • Never Love A Lawman (Reidsville, #1)
  • Maverick Wild (Wild, #2)
  • Cherish
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Rachel and the Hired Gun (Men of Defiance, #1)
  • Someone Like You (Night Riders, #4)
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold (Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold, #1)
I'm a New York Times and USA Today Best Selling author, wife, mother, in-law, grandmother, sister, friend, and owner of one fat cat.
More about Jodi Thomas...

Whispering Mountain (7 books)
  • Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1)
  • Tall, Dark, and Texan (Whispering Mountain, #3)
  • The Lone Texan (Whispering Mountain, #4)
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • Wild Texas Rose (Whispering Mountain, #6)
  • Promise Me Texas (Whispering Mountain, #7)