Start by marking “Moon Shadows” as Want to Read:
Moon Shadows

Moon Shadows

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  1,317 ratings  ·  29 reviews
Romance and magic meet by the light of the moon in this all-new all-star collection of Celtic tales from #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts and New York Times bestselling authors Jill Gregory, Ruth Ryan Langan, and Marianne Willman.

Includes:
Wolf Moon by Nora Roberts
The Moon Witch by Jill Gregory
Blood on the Moon by Ruth Ryan Langan
West of the Moon by Mariann
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published September 28th 2004 by Jove (first published January 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Moon Shadows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Moon Shadows

Laura (Kyahgirl)
2/5; 2 stars; C

Nora Roberts' female protagonists have, in my opinion, slowly evolved to a 'type' that shows up in story after story. I don't like it. Its boring.

In this story she's:

beautiful,
independent,
sexually confident,
self sufficient to a painful degree,
incredibly organized, early riser, gets more than is humanly possible done in any given day and still has time to moisturize (with magnificent products she's developed herself), exercise, and now, apparently, teach herself how to run an el
Debbie
This book actually has 4 stories in it, I have decided to review each one (briefly).

Wolf Moon by Nora Roberts
While backpacking her way through Italy, Simone had a life altering event. She started trying to find a solution, while living in a small town in Maine, with her loyal and well trained dog, Amico. After meeting the new town veterinarian, Gabe Kirby, she now has more than one reason to complete her search.
*****(5stars) Really wonderful story, makes you hope for that kind of true love. Ref
Jane Doe
I'm a huge fan of Nora, especially her writing as J. D. Robb for her In Death Series, this was such a disappointment. The writing in this story didn't flow well and didn't feel like her writing. She usually has a gift for blending characters well, but these two were stilted, flat and not believable together.
Evelyn
An anthology of romantic stories centered around the lore and lure of the full moon by three well-known romance authors.

Suspend your disbelief and embrace these three great fantasy romances. All three stories are interesting, but Roberts's stands out above the others.
Duncan Mandel
"Simone was a young girl hiking in Italy when she is
attacked by a werewolf. Since then she has been living as a recluse
and trying to find a cure for her condition. Her only companion is her
dog.

When Simone takes her dog to the vet, she learns the vet is a new
guy, and she immediately falls in love. This presents a problem because
she's a werewolf and no one else knows. She finally tells him, and
together they set out to find a cure for her disease, even though the
cure may kill her instead. Th
Maura
Laura the Highland Hussy
Wolf Moon: I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts, but I was incredibly disappointed in this short story. Simone is attacked by a wolf and is turned into a Werewolf. So far so good. She becomes obsessed w/finding a "cure" for it. 11 yrs later. Enter local vet Gabe. Again, so far so good, her wolf takes him to mate, but she can't tell him about herself, or her "virus." By the end, he finds out she's a werewolf and helps her cure it. HEA--human ever after. I was kind of saddened. I had hoped that he would ...more
Amelia Elizabeth
Just reading Wolf Moon for my Nora Roberts Reading Challenge. I have read everything published since 2004 (except for the books that haven't been released yet).

I have to say I like how Nora Roberts seems to write these male characters who just worm their way into the woman's life. Simone wants to keep her distance since she's been turned into a werewolf but Gabe just nudges his way into her life. Together they end up working on a way to cure Simone of being a werewolf.

Personally it's the first
Gujju Ellen
I did not feel the usual 'pull' towards this story somehow! It lacks the usual flow I had started to expect in NR books. I found the 'love at first sight'- angle, a little hard to take in, considering Simone's affliction! Other than that, an effort has been made to bring logic into this fantastic situation.
Shirl
My kind of story. It is a fairy tale mixed with wicked spells and love.
Kimngan Tran
wolf moon 4
the moon witch 4
blood on the moon 4
west of the moon 3
Angela
I actually liked all four stories in this collection. And the first one, by Nora Roberts, Wolf Moon actually verges more on horror than romance. There is a romance in the tale (otherwise why would Nora write it), but it is centered around the horror of becoming and being a werewolf. Nice.

Jill Gregory's The Moon Witch and Marianne Willman's West of the Moon were both nice stories as well. My favorite in the foursome was Ruth Ryan Langan's Blood on the Moon, a strong woman, a mysterious man -- a l
Sophia
good for a quick read
Neely Powell
Loved Nora's story!
Miki
First story (Nora Roberts) was good - the werewolf line is a different one for NR, and it held together well. Of course, Simone is a quintessential NR heroine - over-achieving, driven, multi-talented, and strong, but I guess if you're a werewolf, those aren't necessarily bad traits. Three stars for this one.

The other three rate 1 star each - I thought they were just plain silly.
Claudia G
A very interesting book by this authoress. I plan to read more by her and her cohorts in writing historical romances.
Laura Elizabeth
This was a short story (literally about 45 pages) and it's pretty much a werewolf story. But what differs here is that it's more about a cure. Cute story, nice and wrapped up ending.
Brittany
A wonderful collection of romantic fantasy stories, centering around the lore and lure of the full moon. While I enjoyed Nora Robert's story, it wasn't my favorite among the four.
Veroud
Si es de gustar los hombres lobos, es una serie de diferentes historias basadas en una trilogia con diferentes protagonistas es bien, se puede leer en 2 dias
Tawny
Apr 15, 2011 Tawny added it
My favorite is 2nd story- for some reason I always get weak in the knees for Highlanders... :)
Leah Cutter
I only read the first title story, for a class. It hit all my reader cookies though.
Liam Holmes
I absolutely loved Nora Roberts story in this! read it twice in 5 days lol.
Jodie
Dec 06, 2007 Jodie added it
Another one I know I have on my shelves, but can't remember if I read it.
Peggy
ruth ryans story was really fun to read
Kelly
Must not have been very good; don't remember it.
~Sara~
Read Nora Roberts short only.
Bette
Another good selection
Aoi
Nostalgia.
  • When You Wish
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • Immortal Bad Boys
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • The Lost (includes In Death, #29.5)
  • Nature Of The Beast (MacNachton Vampires, #5)
  • Faery Magic
  • Lovescape (A Dance on the Edge + Toss the Bouquet + Heart Craving + My One)
  • Dancing with Mr. Darcy: Stories Inspired by Jane Austen and Chawton House
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • Snowflakes and Stetsons
  • Moonglow
  • Bewitched
  • Moon Fever (Includes: Primes, #6.5)
  • Legendary Tails II
  • Christmas Keepsakes
  • Bayou Bad Boys
aka
Jill March
J.D. Robb
Sarah Hardesty

Eleanor Marie Robertson was born on October 10, 1950 in Silver Spring, Maryland, USA. She was the youngest of five children, also the only girl, of a marriage with Irish ancestors. Her family were avid readers, so books were always important in her life. She attended a Catholic school and credits the nuns with instilling in her a sense of discipline. During her
More about Nora Roberts...