Start by marking “I Am Not My Brother's Keeper” as Want to Read:
I Am Not My Brother's Keeper

I Am Not My Brother's Keeper

3.77  ·  Rating Details  ·  13 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
The true story of a woman who discovers her brother is abusing his own children and her struggle to save her nieces and nephews from an abusive home.
Published January 17th 2011 by Elderberry Press (OR) (first published January 3rd 2011)

To ask other readers questions about I Am Not My Brother's Keeper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Am Not My Brother's Keeper

Lynda
Nov 10, 2011 Lynda rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this through Goodreads First Reads.Wow. Just wow. To say reading this story makes me grateful for my family, would truly be an understatement. I enjoyed reading this story, and at the same time I didn't. As the pages turned, things went from bad to worse for Amelia. It was truly shocking to read about her brother, and his antics, and made me want to hug my daughter with my all. It is truly sad to know, there was no saving him. However, I felt there could have been more to this story. More ...more
Celeste Marinus
Some people in this world feel that they have a sense of entitlement, that the world owe them everything and they are not responsible or accountable for their own fate. Some people are just lazy to take care of themselves and want to leech of others and their goodwill. And you also get some people that can’t even take care of themselves or anyone else for that matter but keep on making babies because according to them, “someone out there” will feed their children for them as they do not need to ...more
Sharon
I have a friend who is fond of saying that our families know how to push our buttons because they installed them.

This is quite clearly the case with Amelia Bradford's family. Like me, she has a sociopath for a brother. Also like me, she has a family who keeps insisting that she should continue to give-give-give to help her brother as he is in constant trouble with the law and ripping people off financially all over the place.

Unlike me, she keeps giving in.

While this book is about dealing with a
Jill
Oct 30, 2015 Jill rated it it was amazing
I cannot believe the horrible things that this woman's brother put herself and family, as well as, the disgustingly horrible things he put his own children through. I hope all 7 of their children are able to grow into happy and healthy adults and get all the help they surely need.
Radiyatu Bafalie
Jun 12, 2012 Radiyatu Bafalie rated it liked it
usually when brothres and sisters have fights it doesnt go that extreme but afater reading this book it got me thinking. amalie really like her brother adam but he took advantage of that. he did what every older brother sister or brother would do for their little ones but he.. did not appreciate it. he would verbally abuse her for what rightfully belong to her.
Cindy White
Oct 01, 2011 Cindy White rated it really liked it
The was a great book! The story was very sad, but I believe she came out on the other side a stronger person. It is hard to believe these children went through what they had to go through. I hope they come out of this stronger too.
Casey
Jan 02, 2012 Casey rated it liked it
this was a good book, quite deep though.
Sabrina Laitinen
Dec 01, 2011 Sabrina Laitinen rated it it was amazing
A heartwrenching true story about family values.
Deb
Deb marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2015
Jen Conyard
Jen Conyard marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2015
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Jun 18, 2015
Rose Chen
Rose Chen rated it really liked it
Dec 18, 2014
Sara Rex
Sara Rex rated it liked it
Jul 15, 2014
Fasya Fauzani
Fasya Fauzani rated it liked it
Dec 21, 2013
Alen
Alen rated it really liked it
Jul 25, 2013
Liy
Liy marked it as to-read
Apr 08, 2013
Soukaina
Soukaina is currently reading it
Sep 18, 2012
Chree
Chree marked it as to-read
Mar 23, 2012
Corinne Lockie
Corinne Lockie marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2011
Kristen N.
Kristen N. marked it as to-read
Anna Powell
Anna Powell marked it as to-read
Kayla Baldwin
Kayla Baldwin marked it as to-read
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
Roxanne Carelli Elwell
Roxanne Carelli Elwell marked it as to-read
Debra
Debra marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Hien
Hien marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 next »