Start by marking “From the Heart: Tonight and Always / Endings and Beginnings / A Matter of Choice” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  2,689 Ratings  ·  88 Reviews
The New York Times bestselling author of Born in Shame and Montana Sky prsents this collection of three timeless romances--Tonight and Always, Endings and Beginnings and A Matter of Choice. This collection will appeal to a new generation of Nora Roberts fans.

Tonight and Always
When a renowned anthropologist agreed to help a writer research his new novel, she wasn't prepared
Published June 1st 2000 by Berkley (first published 1996)

To ask other readers questions about From the Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about From the Heart

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
125th out of 238 books — 1,173 voters
The Fairfax Fix by Dorothy May MercerDigital Fortress by Dan BrownTerm Limits by Vince FlynnThe Lost Symbol by Dan BrownYou Are the Love of My Life by Susan Richards Shreve
Books Set in Washington, D.C.
89th out of 148 books — 49 voters

More lists with this book...

Yona
Sep 02, 2013 Yona rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I'm not sure why I can't find an edition with only one of the books - From the Heart. I've read it before and I'm sure it's here somewhere.

I guess I will just have to read the remaining two.

About From the Heart . I just finished The Dead Zone , and I was feeling pretty down, I need a good book with a very happy ending to help me feel better. And From the Heart Tonight and Always / Endings and Beginnings / A Matter of Choice by Nora Roberts was exactly that. I am a sucker for such stories with the most beautiful and perfect endings.

About the second one. A Matter of Choice wasn't as go
Jess
Oct 23, 2010 Jess rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nora-roberts, 2010
This is a collection of three of Roberts' early stories. They were all very sweet, but things about them definitely indicated when they were written. It made some of the stories a little hard to get into. The constant references to smoking, or taking out a cigar, and a typewriter! Other than that little annoyance, they were all really great contemp. romances.
Cassie
Mar 23, 2011 Cassie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three men and three women find themselves and each other in the three stories in this Nora Roberts novel. In Tonight and Always, Kasey helps a famous, cocky author with his latest book. She offers advise and a new outlook on his stuffy life. But Jordan wants more. He wants her. In A Matter of Choice, Slade is sent undercover to babysit a judge's spoiled daughter. Jessica has no idea about the smuggling going on in her little antique shop and she had no idea how hard she would fall for Slade. ...more
Brenda Margriet
Older NR. She always has great characters, but sometimes the plots are cheesy.

Tonight and Always: Jordan is a great literary writer that needs the help of a researcher, Kasey. He is rich, sedate and controlled. Her father came from the same kind of family, but when her parents were killed when she was 8 she was in a tug of war between his cold sister and her lovely grandpa. Then there's Jordan's daughter, who is in a similiar situation. There is a "kind of" rape scene and she ends up pregnant, w
Yekaterina
Jan 29, 2013 Yekaterina rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
This is a book featuring three separate stories written by Nora Roberts. The first, is about an anthropologist that falls for an author. The second an antique store owner who falls in love with a cop. The third, two reporters who fall in love with each other. Each has a twisted plot that brings characters together, rips them apart, and finally gives us a happily ever after.
I enjoyed the second two stories much more than the first. I believe it was due to the amount of action. The first story was
Sheila
Feb 18, 2011 Sheila rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three of her Silhouette books from the mid-80's combined in one book. It was okay. I noticed how much they smoked. They were formulaic and needed more graphic sex.
Alexis
Jun 07, 2013 Alexis rated it liked it
I liked all three of the books, but compared to a lot of her books they all seemed to miss a little something in them. They were all great love novels though.
Annette Meier
Jan 19, 2012 Annette Meier rated it liked it
Nice, short stories to fill time inbetween things.
Leslie Morganti
Nov 07, 2016 Leslie Morganti rated it liked it
Early writing, not as enjoyable as her newer books.
Maria
Sep 15, 2011 Maria rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, romance
Uma última noite:
Este livro, que li ainda em formato e-book, oferecido pela Saída de Emergência, não me prendeu tanto quanto gostaria. Já li alguns livros da autora, nomeadamente trilogias, mas talvez por este ser mais pequeno não teve tanto conteúdo, a história das personagens podia ter sido mais desenvolvida. Penso que a personagem de Kasey, Jordan e Alison teriam uma história bonita para contar e que foi passada para segundo plano pela autora, que apenas incidiu a narrativa na história de amo
Toni
Jun 08, 2011 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: women
Recommended to Toni by: no one
Shelves: romance
I have been very apprehensive about reading any books in the romance genre. Specifically, because I thought I wouldn't enjoy them. Yet, after reading about genres in Joyce Saricks The Readers' Advisory Guide to Genre Fiction, I realized she mentioned Nora Roberts name many times in the chapter titled, Romantic Suspense. The frequent mentioning of her name was effective because I visited the library on my lunch break to start reading some Romantic Suspense novels. The first book I picked up was ...more
Ne
Dec 09, 2011 Ne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: biblioteca
Fins e Recomeços inicia-nos no Jornalismo. Este é o mundo dos dois personagens principais que Nora Roberts nos apresenta, Olivia e Thorpe. Ambos são ariscos e determinados, com personalidades muito semelhantes que vão entrar em conflito, criando uma explosão inicial mas que depois resulta na fusão típica de Nora de dois corações e indivíduos. É por isso que esta escritora nunca me desilude, dando-me do que mais gosto.. e mais um bocadinho de algo.
Este algo está recheado de romance e coberto por
Viviana
Sep 26, 2014 Viviana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mais um livro, mais Nora Roberts. E desta vez não se trata de um romance, mas sim de uma colectânea de três!
Nora Roberts é uma contadora de histórias por excelência que tem o dom de envolver os seus leitores nos romances que escreve. É impossível ler um livro seu sem imaginar, nos mais precisos detalhes, o ambiente e as personagens que nos descreve. E este não foi excepção.
Ao longo de quase 500 páginas, Nora apresenta-nos três romances distintos mas há algo que todos têem bem presente: a força
Caro
Oct 02, 2012 Caro rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: roberts-nora, own
Tonight and Always was great. I would definitely read this one again. I liked the characters, the self-discovery, the emotions, and the obstacles overcome. This is a great cuddle-up book, passing the time book, rainy-day book. It would be a great Christmas read. In the end it's just a good any-time book. The HEA was perfect and happy-crying worthy.
A Matter of Choice was a great one too. I liked everything about it, it kept me turning pages and unwilling to wait to see what happened next. I liked
Natalie
Jul 12, 2012 Natalie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts is a great author. She is very descriptive (sometimes in a very intimate way)making her more suitable to certain readers. I liked the reoccuring theme of unwanted yet unresistable love throughout the collection. I love her strong female characters. My favourite of the three stories was Endings and Beginnings, and I liked the other two (Tonight and Always, A Matter of Choice) the same. At the beginning of the collection (a letter to readers) Nora Roberts writes "The three stories ...more
Wynn
Aug 01, 2012 Wynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~Kasey (fun loving anthropologist) & Jordan (serious writer and guardian of his brother’s daughter)~
She stayed in his house to help him with his book. Soon, she fell in love with him and told him so. He “loved” her but didn’t tell her, until she left (coz of his mother’s threats). He found her – pregnant with twins… a happy ending…

~ Jessica (antique dealer) & Slade (undercover agent)~
Another serious man and rather fun loving woman. A little dramatic at the end but happy ending of course.
Tania Martins
Mais um livrinho da Nora, não foi aquele livro que me arrebatasse totalmente mas lê-se bem, é um conjunto de histórias com o tipico happy ending mas que tem sempre aquele toque de romance que ela já nos habituou...

Das três histórias já tinha lido duas há uns anos, mas definitivamente a que me fica no coração será "A Última Noite", adoro os protagonistas e o final é tão fofo! A segunda foi boa de reler, a terceira não conhecia mesmo e achei piada aos protagonistas e à teimosia destes!

Para finaliz
Cyrisse
Oct 21, 2008 Cyrisse rated it liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers
Recommended to Cyrisse by: n/a
Shelves: nora-roberts
In Tonight and Always, a renowned anthropologist agrees to help a writer research his new novel -- and realizes that she wasn't prepared for the intense emotions their collaboration would inspire.

A beautiful antiques dealer and a New York City cop are ensnared in the dangerously seductive world of international smuggling in A Matter of Choice.

Endings and Beginnings finds two Washington television reporters trying to protect their love from their own professional rivalry -- and the hazards of t
Lucy Ibn al-Rashid
Dec 18, 2014 Lucy Ibn al-Rashid rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of the author

I always pick up Nora Roberts when I want something fun and easy to read, yet with some bit of drama and angst to make things interesting and this time it wasn't different.

I particularly enjoyed 'Endings and Beginnings'.

There really is something about a hard, almost cruel man who refuses to fall in love. Slade is a great example of that. But he's so damn irresistible. Who can hate him?

Jessica was also a good heroine. She was fun and strong, yet gentle and delicate. And let's not forget she didn'
Teresa
Jan 26, 2016 Teresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Uma última noite: é uma doce história de amor ao estilo NR que se lê de um único fôlego.
Falta apenas o toque policial que os livros dela habitualmente têm e que neste não está presente

Uma questão de escolha: aqui a parte policial está bastante presente junto com o romance, o que torna o livro bem mais apelativo.

Fins e recomeços: sem sombra de dúvida o melhor dos 3. A vida dos dois jornalistas, as suas conquistas e problemas, bem como o passado de Liv, tornam o livro interessante e cativante da p
Francis
Mar 28, 2015 Francis rated it really liked it
Ok. Hmmmmm....

Well, as for the first story: I liked it overall, but it got a bit boring and I was really eager to finish it off quickly. So I give 3 stars.

The second improved slightly but it wasnt that good either. 3 stars.

Now, with the last story, I was hooked. I loved both main leads, absolutely loved his confidence and seduction tactics. The story was emotional, witty, and I could believe it to be true. The saving grace of this book, indeed. 5 stars.
Maria
Sep 03, 2009 Maria rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
three old stories...well see how it goes...

It went rather well actually. All three was very easy to read, a nice way to spend an afternoon. All of the heroes smoked though and they smoked indoors all the time. So not the 2009. But apart from that they were quite OK. I dont think I will remember much about the stories in a few weeks though....
Eri
Oct 01, 2015 Eri rated it it was ok
This was your typical set of 3 romantic novels. The first novel Tonight and Always was so shallow, I had to skip over it at about halfway through. There was no depth to the characters and barely any plot. The next two novels had more of a plot line running in addition to the characters' romances. I would not consider these even remotely close to some of Roberts's other work.
Hillory Grant
Good reads

I enjoyed all three stories. Although some parts were a bit slow, each story was interesting enough to keep my attention until the end. I'm more of a mystery kind of gal, but some good ol' fashioned romance never hurt anyone!
Randi
Oct 12, 2011 Randi rated it liked it
This book was made up of three shorter novels. The first, Tonight and Always, was not terribly enjoyable for me, so I put this book down and it took me a while to come back to it. I guess I'm glad I did though, because the other two stories in the book were alright.
V.
Aug 19, 2013 V. rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Este foi o primeiro livro que li da autora e adorei que agora alguns deles estão na minha lista de futuras compras. Pequenas histórias de romances bem construídas com personagens sólidas e reais que me conseguiram cativar em cada página.
Kaitlin
Jan 05, 2010 Kaitlin rated it it was amazing
In Tonight and Always: Liked this one very much,it was exciting with out the danger

A Matter of Choice: was pretty good but not as good as the other two

Endings and Beginnings: very much enjoyed
Nancy
May 05, 2015 Nancy rated it liked it
I like Nora Roberts books but this was a predictabe. Kasey goes to work for Jordan as an anthropologist. They fall in love - but his mom (who is from a very good social and rich family) steps in and sends her away. The end is predictable.
PastAllReason
Three of Nora Roberts early books. Okay, in that I'd never read them before. Her writing style has definitely changed; also, many many references to smoking - which may not have stood out at the time, but sure does now.
Bean
Oct 08, 2015 Bean rated it did not like it
Terrible collection. There is the hero that yells, grabs and shakes the heroine. There is also the hero that gets drunk and attacks the heroine. It isn't rape though because, as the heroine says, she could have fought the whole time.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • The Mammoth Book of 20th Century Ghost Stories
  • The Draycott Legacy: Bridge of Dreams & Enchantment
  • The Mammoth Book of Regency Romance
  • Three in Death (In Death, #7.5, 12.5, 22.5)
  • When You Wish
  • Ladies Prefer Rogues: Four Novellas of Time-Travel Passion
  • Eye of the Beholder
  • Tidings of Great Joy
  • Eight Spells a Week (Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, #17)
  • In the Blink of an Eye (The Taylor Clan, #3)
  • The Secrets of a Courtesan (The Brides of Fortune #0.5)
  • On Wings of Magic
  • How to Lasso a Cowboy
  • Twice the Temptation (Samantha Jellicoe, #4)
  • Murder on the Fourth of July (Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys: Super Mystery, #28)
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • Someday Soon (Deliverance Company, #1)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...