Start by marking “Irish trilogy collection (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy #1-3)” as Want to Read:
Irish trilogy collection (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy #1-3)

Irish trilogy collection (Gallaghers of Ardmore #1-3)

4.4  ·  Rating Details ·  4,465 Ratings  ·  100 Reviews
Jewels of the Sun (Jill Sovis, engineer) Determined to re-evaluate her life, Jude Murray flees America to take refuge in Faerie Hill Cottage, where she immerses herself in the study of Irish Folklore, and discovers hope for the future in the magic of the past. Tears of the Moon (Melissa Coates, engineer) A talented songwriter, Shawn Gallagher spends his days lost in reveri ...more
Audio Cassette, 0 pages
Published June 10th 2003 by Brilliance Audio (first published 2000)

Vision in White by Nora RobertsBed of Roses by Nora RobertsSavor the Moment by Nora RobertsDance Upon the Air by Nora RobertsHappy Ever After by Nora Roberts
Best Nora Roberts Novels
120th out of 238 books — 1,166 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerHarry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. RowlingFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesPride and Prejudice by Jane AustenFifty Shades Darker by E.L. James
Books you keep reading over and over and over...
45th out of 197 books — 65 voters

More lists with this book...

Jun 06, 2008 Becky rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My second "bible." I'm more than lucky that it is 3-in-1! Gentle, honest, happy-ever-after romance. Something that puts a big smile on my face and in my heart to live life to the fullest and to continue hope for a true love. And the story is very similiar to Ireland of today, from what I understand ... my mother and I are starting to believe more and more the Irish blood runs true within me. I also have barely slept for the last two days, and probably at least one more sleepless night will go by ...more
Oct 27, 2009 Alicia rated it liked it
Recommended to Alicia by: Cami
Shelves: romance, fiction
Book 1, I loved. Were I rating it separately I would give it four stars. Book 2 and book were good. They are the ones I would rate with three stars.

This is a great family. The characters are fun to read about. There is just enough fantasy thrown in to make it interesting but not so much that it takes over the story or is heavy handed.
Jan 24, 2011 Gloria rated it it was amazing
Call me a sucker for the folklore of this trilogy! I loved the descriptions of old Irish tales and Ireland itself...Loved the characters and the atmosphere you could FEEL reading these three books. Highly recommended. LOVED, LOVED, LOVED!!
Feb 21, 2011 Sam rated it it was amazing
It was amazing, I love her style of writing, how she goes from character to character letting us into there minds. It really adds to the story and helps you truly understand what message she is conveying. It's romantic, its lustful, its deep, and wonderful. I could read it a thousand times over and still be in love with it.
Joy Gerbode
Nov 07, 2011 Joy Gerbode rated it it was amazing
Thoroughly enjoyed this entire collection, although I read them in individual books, not one collection. Very good ... romance, mystery, magic! Lots of fun, and a good glimpse into the Irish people and culture. I loved them!
Jan 02, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Ali by: carey sturgeon
I give the whole series a 4. I'm pretty sure the second book was my favorite. Something about the third was just a tad off for me, but I can't put my finger on it right now. I love watching characters grow and hang out in the background, keeping them in the background and moving them forward when needed. It was a grand adventure and makes me want to expatriate myself and go home again like Magee.
Feb 06, 2012 Julie rated it it was amazing
I first heard this book about 10 years ago, when I bought the trilogy on tape. This is my first time to actually read it, and I can hear the story teller in my head with their Irish accents. I love when Nora writes more than one book about the characters, it gives you time to get to know them, and when one book ends the friends you made will show up in the next book and you can say hi again. This particular trilogy is set in Ireland in a charming village where everyone knows everyone, and they a ...more
Feb 07, 2012 Brandy rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
These books were very good, they sucked you right in and made you want to drop everything & move to a quaint town in Ireland. Jude, Aidan, Shaun, Brenna, Dary & Trevor were all great main characters not to mention all the side characters. There was a lot of sex scenes between the characters but it was very repetitive after awhile. The Irish legends and songs were great and these books left you thirsty for more.
Schimen Scott
Mar 02, 2012 Schimen Scott rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you like romantic fantasy and believe in ghosts this is a great read. Set in Ireland and full of magical delights. The Gallagher's are a funny, loving, tempestuous and engaging brothers and sister trio. I enjoyed it!
Rose Jolicooeur
Mar 24, 2012 Rose Jolicooeur rated it it was amazing
I love the Iris Irish trilogy.I have been a fan of Nora Roberts for a long, long time, and have yet to be disappointed with her work. This novel is a funny, entertaining, magical description of Aidan & Jude's romance.

There is nothing this series does not hit on!! It really has everything needed to make the entire series a real page turner and the characters could be anyone of us, all you have to do is believe love can conquer all thru time and space, these books are a wonderfully enjoyable
May 14, 2012 Auroralumi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I truly enjoyed the Irish Culture that was described in this trilogy. Every character was unique, fun, and interesting! Makes you crave more knowledge about each one with every turn of the page. It was a story that captures your curiosity and indulges your craving for fantasy. It sounds like a love story but it also gives you humor, heart stopping moments, and even seconds you want to strangle a character lol. It was a cute story.
Leeanne Kilpatrick
May 13, 2012 Leeanne Kilpatrick rated it it was amazing
Shelves: great-books, nora
Have read this book many times. I love it. Again, like i've said about Miss Nora, there was the familiar pattern to it... And again i will say it is what it is.... More positively, i enjoy her books cuz i know i'm gonna get a good story, meet some great characters( hunky men , "scotch-taped " heroines )... She gets in, entertains us, drops in a few facts to add to our pool of knowledge and the gets out so we can get on with our day. ...... And yes i am sure she romanticizes Ireland... But those ...more
Kristy Manning
Aug 26, 2012 Kristy Manning rated it it was amazing
My favorite of Nora's trilogies merely because not ONE of them sucks. I often start one of her trilogies only to be greatly disappointed by one of the 3 books, but I enjoyed all 3 stories about the Gallagher siblings.
Nov 04, 2012 Becky rated it it was amazing
I loved all 3 books.Nora Roberts always makes you feel like ur right there following along w/ all the characters.I loved that there was magic mixed w/the real world way of thinking.They are two brothers and a sister who are running a tavern in good old ireland the place of magic and certain beliefs. i would recomend these books to all nora roberts fans.they stay strong and stand by eachother no matter what like sibling should.hard work fun and of course romance. definetly read...
Jan 01, 2013 SL rated it it was amazing
Awesome!! They all spoke to me and really made me want to visit Ireland some day. Roberts wraps up the series in a short story on her official website, and that's a perfect ending. This is a must read series with engaging characters and fantasy. Settle down and be prepared to not stop until you've finished them all.
Jan 06, 2013 Estara rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Born in Series who can handle some paranormal strains
Bella Andre
Jun 07, 2013 Bella Andre rated it it was amazing
ewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, and Heart of the Sea are three extremely emotional, beautifully written stories set in Ireland that have stayed with me for years.
Aruna Nandigama
Jan 13, 2014 Aruna Nandigama rated it liked it
A good back that takes us back to the folklore of Ireland. It is the first book in the Trilogy. A current generation woman, who faces a heart break moves to a distant place to discover herself. In her journey of Self Discovery, she discovers Friendship, Happiness, Love and Courage.

A wonderful book that takes us back to the world of faeries, warlocks etc. Nothing beats Irish Mythology.
Aruna Nandigama
Feb 01, 2014 Aruna Nandigama rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful trilogy, that takes us to the depths of ocean. The background story is about a prince and his love whom he casted away in arrogance. What a woman wants from someone she loves is not a mystery but yet it is.

The current generations' stories are brought into picture. All the three books could bring tears to your eyes. A wonderful read.
May 16, 2014 Samantha rated it liked it
So I know this lady has written a million novels but when I bought this book for some light reading on my trip to Ireland, I didn't realize it was a romance! Haha I don't know why I didn't know that. I'd give this series 2 stars through most of it- it was way too contrived. And the love scenes were way too much... But in the end I laughed a few times and reading it with an accent in my mind was fun. I literally went to a real bar where Irish men were singing and dancing together just after readi ...more
May 27, 2014 Jenelle rated it really liked it
I love reading multi-part books where the author gives you the opportunity to connect with characters and know them from many angles. I listened to the audio performances of all three novels and they were delightful! The Irish brogue added a great deal to the story. I also found myself laughing out loud a time or two. There's an element of fairies and magic, which can be a bit trite at times, but overall I really enjoyed them!
Katy M
Dec 10, 2014 Katy M rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Modern day fairy tales. I laughed, heart soared.

I never put spoilers in my reviews.
Aside from some formatting issues, which is on Penguin Group, this is an excellent series. No surprise there as Nora Roberts is an excellent author. My favorite romance author and one of the few authors I reread on a regular basis.
Nora Roberts gets it. Life, love, living...both sexes, all ages. Magic.
Apr 08, 2015 Eleanore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts is perhaps the best-known romance author of our times. She has dozens of books to her credit, ranging from romantic suspense to contemporary romance.

One of the reasons she is so beloved an author is that she immerses herself in the subject matter about which she writes for each book and series. With Carolina Moon and Midnight Bayou, for instance, she delved into the Deep South and all the cultural and social mores associated therewith. In her "In the Garden Trilogy," featuring Blue
Luanzia Saayman
Apr 17, 2015 Luanzia Saayman rated it it was amazing
Yolanda Cortez
I read the trilogy. I like it since Darcy it's very delightful character, but I prefer the first one Jewels of the sun.

As most of the trilogy's of Nora Roberts you always want to know what happened to all the characters, so you'll want to read it. She is faithful to the characteristics of each of her character an that's very interesting to see.
Aug 15, 2016 Cat rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, never-read
Hilariously stereotyped and laughable cliches.
Nancy A. Shaw
Oct 17, 2015 Nancy A. Shaw rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Gallaghers

Each book better than the next, but needed an Epilogue. Needed more of the actual coming together of Carrick and Gwen besides a glimpse of them flying away happily ever after.....but that is the best and worst part of Nora always want more of the story.
Pat Williams
Jun 14, 2016 Pat Williams rated it really liked it
I read the first story January 2016. Will read the next two in the future. I really like Nora's way with words... Finished in May. Makes me want to visit Ireland! Not sure I will read more of Nora Roberts. Romance novels are not my genre. However, her books are a bit more than romance.
Oct 06, 2016 Lindsey rated it it was amazing
Reinforces my desire to move to a cottage in Ireland and talk to the Good Folk.
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • J. D. Robb Collection 3: Holiday in Death, Conspiracy in Death, and Loyalty in Death
  • Texas! Trilogy
  • Nora Roberts
  • The Sex on the Beach Book Club
  • Love Came Just in Time (MacLeod, #2.5, 2.7 & 2.8; de Piaget 4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5, 3.5, 5.5 & 6.5)
  • Something Different/Pepper's Way
  • Magnolia Moon (Callahan Brothers, #3)
Nora Roberts was born in Silver Spring, Maryland. She began writing when a blizzard in February 1979 kept her in her hilltop home with a three and six year old for nearly a week of canceled kindergarten and dwindling chocolate supplies.

During the now-famous blizzard, she pulled out a pencil and notebook and began to write a story for her own entertainment. From the first page, she knew it was wha
More about Nora Roberts...

Gallaghers of Ardmore (3 books)
  • Jewels of the Sun (Gallaghers of Ardmore, #1)
  • Tears of the Moon (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #2)
  • Heart of the Sea (Gallaghers of Ardmore / Irish Trilogy, #3)

“if you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer’s always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” 1 likes
“But he wasn’t one to make a habit of” 0 likes